Bears trade #1 pick to Panthers

mex

6 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Seems like a light package of picks for #1 overall

The #9 and #61 this year, a 1st rounder next year and a 2nd rounder in 2025... sounds ok to me.

Is Moore a good WR?

EDIT - Moore's stats are totally MEH.

20 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Seems like a light package of picks for #1 overall

I think they made a huge haul.  Moved down seven spots and got a good WR and another #1 next year which might be top ten.  They didn't want either of the top two QBs so why not trade down and still get a stud?  Panthers paid too much. 

Edit:  The Bears moved down eight spots according to ESPN. 

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think they made a huge haul.  Moved down seven spots and got a good WR and another #1 next year which might be top ten.  They didn't want either of the top two QBs so why not trade down and still get a stud?  Panthers paid too much. 

Good WR? Hardman's stats are 3x better and we're letting him walk

39 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Edit:  The Bears moved down eight spots according to ESPN. 

Man, they could have moved down to 4, them moved again and probably got more picks. Still nice haul for them.

1rst to 7th and next years 1rst + .. yea laughing to the bank and  ## cash to burn I'd bet we see OBJ as a Bear  in 30 minutes of FA.

Just because Moore was Meh at  Carolina  IMO means very little on what he can be in another system

42 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

1rst to 7th and next years 1rst + .. yea laughing to the bank and  ## cash to burn I'd bet we see OBJ as a Bear  in 30 minutes of FA.

Just because Moore was Meh at  Carolina  IMO means very little on what he can be in another system

Yep. Sam Darnold. Baker Mayfield. PJ Walker. That's like comparing Slaps to Applebees.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Actually he's pretty good... the stats I saw from whatever website the news article linked were wrong... 

Seems to cough it up a lot though... but looks like he got that fixed

On 3/10/2023 at 7:48 PM, mex said:

Actually he's pretty good... the stats I saw from whatever website the news article linked were wrong... 

Seems to cough it up a lot though... but looks like he got that fixed

Moore is one of the top 10 WRs in the NFL when he's got a coach and a QB worth anything at all. Carolina was a dumpster fire last year.

The Bears got a great haul for the 1st overall. 

Wish Veach could have swung a 1st for Moore... but draft in KC and all that.