Jawaan Taylor signing

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

$20 M a year to a RT  and convert him to a LT? I dont get it. Has he played LT before? I guess not He has only played right tackle in the NFL,  Still hoping to Draft a real LT

Then you will be scratching your head about why we gave a RT 60 mill guaranteed. Somebody thinks he's a real LT.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Then you will be scratching your head about why we gave a RT 60 mill guaranteed. Somebody thinks he's a real LT.

my rationalization for giving that $$ to a stud RT is that by drafting a "real" LT the Chiefs think they can afford  it. 60M guaranteed yea but I'm no capologist  and I trust Veach in that regard. Until I hear someone from the Front office say the word LT I'm still thinking RT

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

my rationalization for giving that $$ to a stud RT is that by drafting a "real" LT the Chiefs think they can afford  it. 60M guaranteed yea but I'm no capologist  and I trust Veach in that regard. Until I hear someone from the Front office say the word LT I'm still thinking RT

I hope he is a RT and we get a LT then. Hope to get a good DT next to Jones.....hopefully OR a DE. Then go into the draft knowing we need just a couple positions and depth.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Put him at RT then move up and pick Johnson. A guy can dream. 

He's a solid signing and gives the Chiefs some flexibility in the draft. If somehow a LT they like falls within reach I could see Veach moving up to snag him. Otherwise the kid from Tennessee would make a nice RT playing next to Trey Smith (another Vol). Maybe a 2nd rounder.

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

He's a solid signing and gives the Chiefs some flexibility in the draft. If somehow a LT they like falls within reach I could see Veach moving up to snag him. Otherwise the kid from Tennessee would make a nice RT playing next to Trey Smith (another Vol). Maybe a 2nd rounder.

And use a late 6th rounder for Vorhees. RG or maybe he can do LG after Thuney? Keep the line going with great prospects 

Just now, kkuenn said:

And use a late 6th rounder fo. Vorhees. RG or maybe he can do LG after Thuney? Keep the line going with great prospects 

Load em up! Veach saw that mass drafting DBs last year panned out fairly well. Now it's the Oline and Dline. 

Just now, dhitter said:

Load em up! Veach saw that mass drafting DBs last year panned out fairly well. Now it's the Oline and Dline. 

Well vorhees may allow us to not have to overpay 2 years down the road. Keep ahead of the cap space type thing he is good at so far.

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Can you imagine a line that can block all day for Mahomes? We would not need superstars at WR when he could just pick them apart on passing.

Marino had that line. All of them studs. He could drop back, take a nap, read a few chapters in a book, get a back rub from some cheerleaders, have a pizza delivered then casually look around for an open receiver. 

Pat deserves that kind of line.