Need a FB now...Burton left for Denver

Free agent fullback Mike Burton is reuniting with Sean Payton in Denver.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports Burton has agreed to terms on a one-year deal. Burton will replace Andrew Beck, who left for Houston.

Burton played for Payton in New Orleans in 2020, playing 15 games with four starts.

He spent the past two seasons in Kansas City, playing 8 percent of the offensive snaps in 2021 and 6 percent last season. Burton was a core special teams player, seeing action on more than 50 percent of the snaps the past two seasons.

The Broncos are Burton’s sixth team in his nine seasons.

He has 46 touches for 185 yards and two touchdowns in his career.

13 hours ago, xen said:

Time to drop the pretense of having a fullback, although we won't.  There's a draftable one late in the draft if we want, I suppose.

Use a TE in the FB position... I mean... we line them up everywhere anyways.

Javon Williams Jr from SIU is interesting. Good runner, okay receiver, played some option QB.

Brayden Willis from Oklahoma is an interesting receiving option but he's not that amazing of a blocker. 

Don't think I'd waste a draft pick on one, probably UDFA. 

On 3/15/2023 at 7:17 PM, xen said:

I'd they're gonna get a FB I would prefer an H-back type.  Would be more useful.

I repeat.  Noah Gray.

(Is Kris Wilson still around 🙂)  For those of you in diapers or to old to remember, Wilson was an early second round pick that was advertised as an H back that would solve the Chiefs problems.  He's obscure because the first round pick that year was Junior Siavi, one of the notorious busts.   

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I repeat.  Noah Gray.

(Is Kris Wilson still around 🙂)  For those of you in diapers or to old to remember, Wilson was an early second round pick that was advertised as an H back that would solve the Chiefs problems.  He's obscure because the first round pick that year was Junior Siavi, one of the notorious busts.   

wasn't Ethan Horton supposed to be an H back as well? Speaking of Busts

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

wasn't Ethan Horton supposed to be an H back as well? Speaking of Busts

Could be.  That was the year the Chiefs drafted two TEs in the first two rounds, Horton and Hayes.  Didn't Horton have some success with the Raiders?  Last FB drafted was Omar Easy who ran for a total of one yard as a Chief.  Man, remembering some of the drafts in Chiefs' history is painful  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I repeat.  Noah Gray.

Yep. He's got hands... he can block... and he's learning the system under the best TE in history.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Could be.  That was the year the Chiefs drafted two TEs in the first two rounds, Horton and Hayes.  Didn't Horton have some success with the Raiders?  Last FB drafted was Omar Easy who ran for a total of one yard as a Chief.  Man, remembering some of the drafts in Chiefs' history is painful  

OMG. 

That draft... We took that freakin guy with the 107th pick!!!!!!!

Check this crap out:

1-6 DT Ryan Sims

2-43 DE Eddie Freeman

4-107 FB Omar Easy

5-143 LB Scott Fujita

7-221 LB Maurice Rodriguez

That's a franchise wrecker of a draft. One good pick in Fujita in that entire thing.

Absolute albatross.