JuJu A Patriot

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chiefs should have paid him that.  Seems cheap but there's always the injury concerns. 

Saw one prediction was he was in the $9M a year category.. Pats are going no where.. Thanks for the memories JuJu.

I see Lazard is a Jet now?...bummer

Well, OBJ is said to narrow down to the Chiefs and Vikings. I can see him coming here but only at a fair price to us. Now if Thielen or the Cards release Hopkins.... I can see one of the 3 here. Thing is, who is truly a WR1 out of that group? I know we say Toney is for us, but if you can get one of the 3 mentioned to replace Ju Ju.... I would want OBJ. A whole year off to heal up and he would be the best threat in the red zone, better speed and would just make teams not double Kelce with him and Toney in there. Get Moore more reps as wr3 and MVS also.

Just now, arrowhead said:

I think since the new league started, no more crazy stuff. Teams have to be at or under the cap (top 51 contracts)

So it seems the Chiefs were very intentional about how much of Mahomes money they moved around. Do you think they have a specific big name target....or several smaller deals in mind?

3 minutes ago, dhitter said:

So it seems the Chiefs were very intentional about how much of Mahomes money they moved around. Do you think they have a specific big name target....or several smaller deals in mind?

His roster bonus was 32 mil or so, they converted 12 of that into a signing bonus. So they have more money available if they need it.

Who knows with Veach? I thought they were going to try and extend CJ. Maybe they create some cap space if they get that done.

With JuJu gone, they need to find a WR. Use the space for Odell or in a trade for DHop. It's gonna be fun.

My guess is CJ gets done here in the next week or so and then we add one of the following wr's (OBJ, Hopkins, Slayton, Theilen, or Cooks) before the draft so as to go into the draft without a major hole other than maybe OT and 3rd safety. 

I’d actually like to see them being Mecole back. But I am in the minority there. I think he is going to be held up because of the injury finding a team. Passing a physical may be out of the cards for now.

being him back and get d hop. 

Surprised we didn't match that. May be the 3-year thing got it done as he'll likely have another big payday if he can stay healthy. Otherwise I was down for anything below 12 million per year. 

That being said a wall in front of Mahomes can get us to the SB with street FAs at WR so no worries on that note. Veach seems to have his priorities straight and so far doing the right things with OL and DL. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Weird that the Patriots let a guy walk and turn around and sign a similar player for basically the same amount of money. I mean Juju may offer a little more after the catch but the other guy knew the system and no off field drama. 

thinkn the same thing