What a cool dude.  Glad he got his bag.   I think his best years are yet to come.   However, for being a 3rd round pick we didn't get a lot of production (The elbow played a big part of that and wasn't his fault) but we did when it mattered most this year.  His sack in the SB was a huge play in that game.   Hate to lose him now but understand the business side of things.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Should have kept him for that much. Opens up a big hole at DL but I'm guessing there's a plan in place. Otherwise Chiefs just estimated his value wrong.

Veach has done well letting go of players so far. HB, OBJ, Ward, Hill etc. I think he will be fine.

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

What a cool dude.  Glad he got his bag.   I think his best years are yet to come.   However, for being a 3rd round pick we didn't get a lot of production (The elbow played a big part of that and wasn't his fault) but we did when it mattered most this year.  His sack in the SB was a huge play in that game.   Hate to lose him now but understand the business side of things.

Interior defensive line is typically one of the slower developing positions.  After Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii, tank and Turk, etc, Saunders was an amazing value for a 3rd rounder.  His best days are definitely ahead of him. 

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

Signed with N.O. for $14.5 million over three years.  Good for him.  The Chiefs couldn't pay that much but I hate to see him go.  He came on well last year and sure could move for his size.  

this one will hurt.. STL kind that went to school  at Western Illinois < $5M a year really? head scratcher to me

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Should have kept him for that much. Opens up a big hole at DL but I'm guessing there's a plan in place. Otherwise Chiefs just estimated his value wrong.

Yeah I'm SURE they estimated his value wrong, because a few internet football forum experts estimated it right.