Orlando Brown to Bengals 4/64 million

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

Boy o boy ...the media is hyping the Orlando Brown to the Bengals story. I believe Mahomes masked a lot of his tackles' deficiencies. Burrow won't as much. We shall see.

yea I have been reading the Cinci  wire.. the propaganda machine is in full force

Bears Wire

Ryan Poles explains why Bears didn’t target Orlando Brown Jr. in free agency

So why didn’t the Bears make a run at Brown?

When listening to Bears general manager Ryan Poles’ Thursday press conference, it was overwhelmingly clear that schematic fit was a focal point for the team in free agency.

And Brown isn’t a schematic fit for what Chicago does up front, which requires a lineman to be athletic in the outside zone scheme.

“The scheme match is a big deal,” Poles said.

6 hours ago, dhitter said:

Boy o boy ...the media is hyping the Orlando Brown to the Bengals story. I believe Mahomes masked a lot of his tackles' deficiencies. Burrow won't as much. We shall see.

Chiefs might as well pack it in.  Cincy has it wrapped up already with the great acquisition at OT.  They will be as big of favorites as the Chargers and Donks were last year.  

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Essentially from 5/95 to 4/64. I would imagine he's already looking for a new agent.

I do find it interesting.  They lose Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Perine, and Hurst and all of a sudden sign OBJ and they have closed the gap? 

To be fair we lost Frank, Saunders, Juan Thornhill, Hardman (probably, but who didn't play down the stretch), OBJ, and Wylie but added Taylor and Omenihu. 

Both teams lost starters but their team isn't in a good cap situation and lost key contributors.  We already drafted for Juan's depature.  Omenihu replaces what we lost with Dunlap.  We get Wharton back and still have money to spend and 11-12 draft picks.   Not sure how they closed any sort of gap but ok we will see.

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I do find it interesting.  They lose Jessie Bates, Vonn Bell, Perine, and Hurst and all of a sudden sign OBJ and they have closed the gap? 

To be fair we lost Frank, Saunders, Juan Thornhill, Hardman (probably, but who didn't play down the stretch), OBJ, and Wylie but added Taylor and Omenihu. 

Both teams lost starters but their team isn't in a good cap situation and lost key contributors.  We already drafted for Juan's depature.  Omenihu replaces what we lost with Dunlap.  We get Wharton back and still have money to spend and 11-12 draft picks.   Not sure how they closed any sort of gap but ok we will see.

Not sure if it's a mistake on their side or pretty solid awareness. Bengals lost their window of opportunity as they needed to lose quite a bit of guys to pay Burrow. They will have to rebuild through the draft to be competitive in the playoffs and OL is always the first place to improve when you have your franchise QB in town. Whether or not OBJ was the right move is up for debate in a year or so but at least they have a decent mindset assuming they understand the need for a real rebuild. 

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

but have we lost Dunlap? I have heard nothing. Kind of like McKinnon probably pretty far down on the  priority signing list  but unless they sign elsewhere I'm not closing that door

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

but have we lost Dunlap? I have heard nothing. Kind of like McKinnon probably pretty far down on the  priority signing list  but unless they sign elsewhere I'm not closing that door

Also, who says hardman doesn’t come back or even Clark. Highly unlikely, but maybe. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

True, I guess I was just meaning at this point in time they are not on this roster.  Thought McKinnon lost a step down the stretch.  Didn't seem quite as explosive, but imo his greatest asset to this team was pass pro and that did not drop off at all. Love Pacheco but still think he needs more time to develop that level of pass pro.  If we let McKinnon walk we need to find a back that can protect as well as he did.

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if it's a mistake on their side or pretty solid awareness. Bengals lost their window of opportunity as they needed to lose quite a bit of guys to pay Burrow. They will have to rebuild through the draft to be competitive in the playoffs and OL is always the first place to improve when you have your franchise QB in town. Whether or not OBJ was the right move is up for debate in a year or so but at least they have a decent mindset assuming they understand the need for a real rebuild. 

Looking at it from the Bengals standpoint, OBJ is a better fit for them than he was for the Chiefs.  Burrows is a pocket passer with a quick release and that's somethisng that OBJ can handle.  It's a different task from protecting a moving Mahomes.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Looking at it from the Bengals standpoint, OBJ is a better fit for them than he was for the Chiefs.  Burrows is a pocket passer with a quick release and that's somethisng that OBJ can handle.  It's a different task from protecting a moving Mahomes.  

Burrows is going to get killed if he sits in the pocket. Mahomes scrambling and rolling right saved OBJ a lot.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Burrows is going to get killed if he sits in the pocket. Mahomes scrambling and rolling right saved OBJ a lot.

We'll see.  Brown is better against the straight rush than the looping routes.  Burrows, with short drops and quick releases, should suit Brown's game better.   But that's in general and there will be plays where Brown is tested.  

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

True, but it cuts both ways.  OBJ got beat a good beat quickly last year and avoided the sack because of Mahomes.  Burrow is pretty sneaky back there but what happens to a pocket passer when the LT gets beat quickly?  Time will tell.  I think he is an upgrade over Williams though so they are better overall.   Lets be honest that O is scary if their Oline is better.   Will be interesting with the Mixon ordeal and losing Perine, Jonah wanting out, Hurts gone, and losing their two starting safeties. They can attempt to bandaid it up front with one year deals but basically they better win it all this year because Burrow will be extension eligible after this year, Higgins will be due and Chase is looming.  

57 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

True, but it cuts both ways.  OBJ got beat a good beat quickly last year and avoided the sack because of Mahomes.  Burrow is pretty sneaky back there but what happens to a pocket passer when the LT gets beat quickly?  Time will tell.  I think he is an upgrade over Williams though so they are better overall.   Lets be honest that O is scary if their Oline is better.   Will be interesting with the Mixon ordeal and losing Perine, Jonah wanting out, Hurts gone, and losing their two starting safeties. They can attempt to bandaid it up front with one year deals but basically they better win it all this year because Burrow will be extension eligible after this year, Higgins will be due and Chase is looming.  

Thuney also protected a lot inside. No idea how their LG is, but if OBJ can't rely on him it could get bad quickly.

5 hours ago, West said:

Chiefs have brought in a very solid LB and a starting Safety in the last couple of days....

I like bringing back Jet, Dunlop and a Cheap Frank Clark.

w

Surprised that McKinnon has gotten offers yet.  Does Dunlop want to play another year?  The Chiefs may not make those types of moves until after the draft. 

23 hours ago, West said:

Chiefs have brought in a very solid LB and a starting Safety in the last couple of days....

I like bringing back Jet, Dunlop and a Cheap Frank Clark.

w

If we could bring back those 3 for cheap... I might stop saying Clark sucks.

Might.