13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Saunders is the only true loss IMO the others could take them or leave them. Veach has a plan and it will be exciting to see what it is. These post season FA periods always seem to have a theme..lack of movement but loss of players, fans get a tad worried then a siging here or there for short and on the cheap. A trade for  the  draft and bingo we dont look soo bad. Veach plays the VERY long game which is something  IMO fans have a hard time accepting or realizing. In Veach I trust.

Yep. Saunders was the only guy I wanted to keep too.

the rest, see ya.

I don’t understand the big deal with Ju Ju. He was very pedestrian imo 

12 minutes ago, West said:

Its more about the volume of B+ players we are losing...

In Veach I trust.

w

in Veach's eyes tho it seems maybe not B+ maybe B-/C+s

one thing is for certain, buying a player's Jersey that is not 15 or 87 is a gamble altho we'd like to think 95 is safe bet

32 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yep. Saunders was the only guy I wanted to keep too.

the rest, see ya.

I don’t understand the big deal with Ju Ju. He was very pedestrian imo 

Ju Ju is average. That’s not bad. Dozens of WRs can do what he can. 
OBJ is average, as well. Not terrible, but due for an upgrade. 
But, I really wish we could have kept Saunders. 
I can’t complain. If I were GM the Chiefs would still have Curly Culp. 

7 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

that truly did make me laugh out loud because  #METOO!!!!th?id=OIP.6Xo_6dlPUE-gAfLnf70IywAAAA&pid=Api&P=0

9 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Pretty sure there's not dozens.  Certainly not dozens that are available.  If you take Tyreek out of the equation, JuJu just put up the 5th highest receptions total in Chiefs wide receiver history.  We have a long history of shitty wideouts.  

16 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Pretty sure there's not dozens.  Certainly not dozens that are available.  If you take Tyreek out of the equation, JuJu just put up the 5th highest receptions total in Chiefs wide receiver history.  We have a long history of shitty wideouts.  

and shitty QBs throwing to them. I think  comparing  new Chiefs WRs to the old ones is a wasted endeavor. Apples to Oranges

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Juju is better than average.  He was the dirty work guy, catching balls over the middle knowing the big hit is coming.  He filled a niche that nobody on our offense fills.  Do I think we can replace him, yeah , I do, but for the money the Pats gave him, I would’ve just kept him for that.  He wont even be 30 when that deal is over.  11 mil apy for a 26 yo wr who runs the slants and tough over the middle short routes isn’t a big expense imo.  

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and shitty QBs throwing to them. I think  comparing  new Chiefs WRs to the old ones is a wasted endeavor. Apples to Oranges

Ok.  Compare him to the wide receivers under Mahomes to get your apples to apples and see where his season lands.  

29 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Ok.  Compare him to the wide receivers under Mahomes to get your apples to apples and see where his season lands.  

It's hard to compare WRs on the Chiefs roster because Kelce is taking up so many targets and 1200 yards every season.  When the chips were down in the SB, JuJu made how many first down catches?  That was his real value.  I would have kept him for $11 million but there may have been other factors we don't know about.  Hopefully, one of them is that Veach already has his replacement and is waiting for the Jones extension before he can announce it. 

54 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Juju is better than average.  He was the dirty work guy, catching balls over the middle knowing the big hit is coming.  He filled a niche that nobody on our offense fills.  Do I think we can replace him, yeah , I do, but for the money the Pats gave him, I would’ve just kept him for that.  He wont even be 30 when that deal is over.  11 mil apy for a 26 yo wr who runs the slants and tough over the middle short routes isn’t a big expense imo.  

“Average” doesn’t mean bad. He’s a good WR. He’s middle of the pack. Replaceable. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's hard to compare WRs on the Chiefs roster because Kelce is taking up so many targets and 1200 yards every season.  When the chips were down in the SB, JuJu made how many first down catches?  That was his real value.  I would have kept him for $11 million but there may have been other factors we don't know about.  Hopefully, one of them is that Veach already has his replacement and is waiting for the Jones extension before he can announce it. 

None the less, it's clear that he is not "average".   He is 26 years old and has a 1400 yard season to his name.  I'm not saying he's an elite receiver, but you don't just replace 900 yard guys with a 77 percent catch rate that know the system with some average guy.  We have gone out and got guys like MVS and Watkins and spent high picks on Moore and Robinson.  He's not that easy to replace.   But not impossible.  The point of the thread is we are losing a lot of those guys.  Pretty solid professionals at important positions.  OBJ, JJSS, Saunders, Clark, Henne, Thornhill.  Maybe Dunlap.  

5 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

“Average” doesn’t mean bad. He’s a good WR. He’s middle of the pack. Replaceable. 

If he is middle of the pack, who on our roster is a better WR?  Middle of the pack implies some better, some worse.   

Unless we bring back Hardman or Allegretti, it looks like we have none of our draft picks left from 2018. Veach is working magic still. I mean, look how is is always turning the roster over, getting those FA, cut players etc. 2018 was his first class and we can look at last year's as one of his best. Cant wait to see what else he does through the draft. 

19 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Same question for you.  Other than Hill, who was the last Chiefs wide receiver that was as good as JJSS was this year for the Chiefs?  

Dwayne Bowe 2010 &2011 both 1100+ yrds coached by Todd Haley  then Rac with Cassell then Orton throwing the Ball. Which makes him TWICE AS GOOD with Tony Moeki as TE so ALL the attention was on D-Bowe

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Who on our 22 roster was better is the question.  And excluding Tyreek Hill, who was the last Chiefs WR that was better than JJS?  Maclin?  

By the numbers JuJu is better (all that matters) Actual talent? Toney. This is my most interesting Chief going into next year. He will either tear it up or sit in the hot tub.