11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Dwayne Bowe 2010 &2011 both 1100+ yrds coached by Todd Haley  then Rac with Cassell then Orton throwing the Ball. Which makes him TWICE AS GOOD with Tony Moeki as TE so ALL the attention was on D-Bowe

And that's my point.  You went back 13 years to find someone better and yet we call him a middle of the pack guy.  He's not.  

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Unless we bring back Hardman or Allegretti, it looks like we have none of our draft picks left from 2018. Veach is working magic still. I mean, look how is is always turning the roster over, getting those FA, cut players etc. 2018 was his first class and we can look at last year's as one of his best. Cant wait to see what else he does through the draft. 

He missed on quite a few draft picks early in his career but the critical trait IMO is the fact that he basically admitted his mistake and moved on instead of paying them and hope it wouldn't look bad on him. As a result he has been striking gold more often than not recently.

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Not sure why the face palm.  If bowe being the last one as good as him is your proof that he is middle of the pack, then you should think about that long and hard. 

I answered your question.. you asked "who" I gave you who. I'm not your wife I'm not going to waste my time with your silly arguments. The rest of NFL has made their call so had Veach. The end. th?id=OIP.JHbSmux_c2SaLFI-YF365QHaK9&pid=Api&P=0

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I answered your question.. you asked "who" I gave you who. I'm not your wife I'm not going to waste my time with your silly arguments. The rest of NFL has made their call so had Veach. The end. th?id=OIP.JHbSmux_c2SaLFI-YF365QHaK9&pid=Api&P=0

Yes.  The rest of the nfl gave him a 3 year 33 million dollar contract. 

6 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Not comparing him to former Chiefs receivers. I’m talking about current NFL WRs. Middle of the pack. 

I started the thread and said im concerned about losing quite a few solid players.  None of them are super stars.  But a lot of solid pros are gone.  One of which is the best receiver on the team.  Both tackles.  A solid backup quarterback.  Saunders.  Thornhill.  Clark.  Possibly our punter.  I acknowledged that im excited to see how we backfill. But juju was a good player and not easily replaced. He just isn't. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Same question for you.  Other than Hill, who was the last Chiefs wide receiver that was as good as JJSS was this year for the Chiefs?  

Derrick Alexander 1,391
Carlos Carson 1,351
Otis Taylor 1,297
Tyreek Hill 1,276
Dwayne Bowe 1,162
Eddie Kennison 1,102
Andre Rison 1,092
Jeremy Maclin 1,088
Carlos Carson 1,078
Stephone Paige 1,021
Frank Jackson 943

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Same question for you.  Other than Hill, who was the last Chiefs wide receiver that was as good as JJSS was this year for the Chiefs?  

I understand you point.  JuJu was the best the Chiefs had at WR last season.  But he is also replaceable.  Much easier to replace than Hill was a year ago.  None of us can say who will be in the WR room, but we can be confident that Veach didn't let JuJu go for $11 million without a plan.  Maybe the signing doesn't happen or maybe the target in the draft doesn't fall to them, but at the moment, Veach has a plan.  Patience, Grasshopper. 

42 minutes ago, DieHard said:
Derrick Alexander 1,391
Carlos Carson 1,351
Otis Taylor 1,297
Tyreek Hill 1,276
Dwayne Bowe 1,162
Eddie Kennison 1,102
Andre Rison 1,092
Jeremy Maclin 1,088
Carlos Carson 1,078
Stephone Paige 1,021
Frank Jackson 943

Paige was the most underrated WR ever. Just outstanding. If he played on a good team he’d be in the HOF. 

Alexander had a couple of great years.

I once had a cat I named after Carlos Carson. 

9 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Paige was the most underrated WR ever. Just outstanding. If he played on a good team he’d be in the HOF. 

Alexander had a couple of great years.

I once had a cat I named after Carlos Carson. 

If Diehard had listed "The Worm", I would have put him on ignore.

50 minutes ago, DieHard said:
Derrick Alexander 1,391
Carlos Carson 1,351
Otis Taylor 1,297
Tyreek Hill 1,276
Dwayne Bowe 1,162
Eddie Kennison 1,102
Andre Rison 1,092
Jeremy Maclin 1,088
Carlos Carson 1,078
Stephone Paige 1,021
Frank Jackson 943

Once again, that's the point.  We are saying he is a garden variety wideout that we can easily replace.  But when we try to think of better ones that we have had, 5 of 10 were 30 years ago. We just haven't had good luck finding productive wide receivers.  

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Once again, that's the point.  We are saying he is a garden variety wideout that we can easily replace.  But when we try to think of better ones that we have had, 5 of 10 were 30 years ago. We just haven't had good luck finding productive wide receivers.  

Lots of angst, man. You sound just like all the pundits that said Hill would be irreplaceable. JuJu is replaceable.

He'll be replaced by Skyy Moore. 

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I understand you point.  JuJu was the best the Chiefs had at WR last season.  But he is also replaceable.  Much easier to replace than Hill was a year ago.  None of us can say who will be in the WR room, but we can be confident that Veach didn't let JuJu go for $11 million without a plan.  Maybe the signing doesn't happen or maybe the target in the draft doesn't fall to them, but at the moment, Veach has a plan.  Patience, Grasshopper. 

I'm not a grasshopper.  I'm possibly the most patient, team friendly person on the board. I never complain about the coaches or management.   And I'm not complaining now.  I understand the moves we are making and I understand why we are letting some guys go.  The very first post in this shit show says we are losing guys that are not super stars, but solid pros.  JuJu fits that perfectly.  He's not easy to replace.  When we list Chiefs that had better seasons, we listed Otis Tayor, Stephone Paige, Carlos Carson and Frank Jackson for gods sake.  

5 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Ju Ju is average. That’s not bad. Dozens of WRs can do what he can. 
OBJ is average, as well. Not terrible, but due for an upgrade. 
But, I really wish we could have kept Saunders. 
I can’t complain. If I were GM the Chiefs would still have Curly Culp. 

If it were me, we would still have Elmo Wright.

Just now, Calichief said:

What does he do that is so amazing? Let me know. 

Do you guys read at all?  Here's what I said:

"I'm not loving some of the losses of people.  Maybe not super stars, but some pretty solid players also. 

On the flip side, I'm excited to see what we do to back fill"

JuJu is not a super star.  But he's a solid player. 

I'd love to draft a 1000 yard receiver.  We have done precious little of that.  Here's the wide receivers we have drafted in the past 15 years not named Tyreek.  

Moore, Powell, Hardman, Smith, Chesson, Robinson, Conley, Brown, Wylie, Hemingway, Baldwin, McCluster, Lawrence, Franklin and the other Robinson. I doubt most of us could put first names with over half.  

Good wideouts have not been easy for us to find.  We have gone the free agent route with MVS, Watkins, Watson, Josh Gordon.  We've traded for AJ Jenkins.  Some UDFAs, Albert Wilson and Pringle.  I don't get how a Chiefs fan thinks good wide receivers are just easy to find.  I never said he was amazing.  Just I hate to lose that kind of player that produces and not constantly injured.  

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

When the chips were down in the SB, JuJu made how many first down catches?  That was his real value.

But that could have been any average NFL receiver Jet.

When they're doubling (and tripling) up on Kelce, and holding a S back to stop the deep threat, it's kinda the job of the receivers to get into the open areas vacated by the scheme.  

I don't think JuJu brought anything more to the table than Sammy Watkins did in SB LIV. Yeah, both played CRITICAL roles... both contributed to the W with big plays.

I thought losing Sammy that next year would hurt. It didn't. Losing JuJu next year won't hurt. 

I. V. W. T.

I feel like the concussions and the knee put a cap on what we were going to offer him.   He was a slightly above avg niche wr for us.  In an offseason where Christian Kirk got 17 million apy and Adams and Hill broke the bank, Juju got an incentivized deal worth ~10 that was around 3 without the incentives.   That screams replaceable player.  I honestly expected more from him but that is because my expectations were more towards his rookie year stats.   The WR market has somewhat self corrected itself and I think we can replace his production. 

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not sure what to say.  Because he didn't leave after super bowl liv.  He played another year. In which we lost the super bowl and he had 1 catch. 

Ok it might not have been the best example. I was trying to use an 'average type receiver' which I think at the time, Sammy was.

So let's go with the obvious.  We lost the best receiver in the NFL last year, and did BETTER this year with more yardage, more receptions, longer avg yds per catch, leading to us WINNING the SB. 

Methinks we'll get over losing JuJu.

On another note... has there ever been a point you've conceded? Ever?

I mean JEEZUS MAN. For the love of God... learn to take an L every now and then.