A short but fun distraction before the Draft

The thing I remember most about that game was the camera panning back and forth from the Bills' sideline to the Bills' booth when they went up 3 with just under two minutes left. High fives all around... "WE GOT THIS."

Then the camera went to the same booth after Hill's TD put KC up by 4 with 1:02 left: "Oh shit."

Then same camera showing Bills' booth and sideline celebrating going up 3 with :13 left... "BALLGAME."

Except... NOT.

Mahomes to Hill for 19... Time Out. Bills' booth: "OK we still got this."

Mahomes to Kelce for 31... TO with :03 remaining.. Bills' booth: "OK it's a long FG and Butker missed a lot today." 

Butker TIE GAME at 0:00 going to OT... Bills' booth: "OH SHIT"

KC wins toss... Allen on sideline: "OH SHIT"

Mahomes to Kelce 10 yds... Allen "OH SHIT"

Mahomes to McKinnon 16 yds... Allen "OH SHIT I CAN'T WATCH THIS."

Mahomes to Hardman 26 yds... Allen "We might not get the ball back!!"

Mahomes to Kelce TD... Bills' booth, Bills' bench, every Chiefs fan in the world: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!?"

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Watched the last two minutes of that game tons of times and still get up tight at the end.  Knowing how it turned out doesn't make any difference, it's still nerve wracking. 

Ya gotta feel bad for Allen tho... that poor dude played one of the best games of his career... only to get beat by a superstar who quietly dominated the "best defense in the NFL"

I remember Romo & the other guy fawning over Allen the whole game...

When the smoke cleared:

Allen 80.8 rating (with Sorensen, Ward and Niemann)

Mahomes 127.6 rating (vs best defense in NFL)

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

17 minutes ago, mex said:

Ya gotta feel bad for Allen tho... that poor dude played one of the best games of his career... only to get beat by a superstar who quietly dominated the "best defense in the NFL"

When the smoke cleared:

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Would Davis have caught all those passes if McDuffie, Williams, and Watson were on the team then?  Fun to speculate.  

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would Davis have caught all those passes if McDuffie, Williams, and Watson were on the team then?  Fun to speculate.  

Our defense is much improved since then.  Another thing about that game... Butker missed a FG and a PAT... had he made them both, we could have won without overtime.

I'm still not too sure about Butker... the dude can totally stink... but then turn around and kick a 62 yarder.

Oddly (or fortuitously) he seems to do his best work with everything on the line... ie that Buff game, Cincy this year, and the 2023 SB.

This probably deserves its own thread....

On 3/17/2023 at 5:29 PM, mex said:

When the smoke cleared:

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

That's the one thing most, outside of this forum; don't mention much. Allen is a very good QB, but it was so easy for him on some of those plays. The Chiefs CB's were falling down, and messing up all over the place, and he made them pay for it. I've been much more impressed with Burrow & Herbert with their receivers.