2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I 100% agree its a sleeper possibility.  Travis Kelce is such a unicorn.  Even if we don't draft one in the first I hope draft one in the first 4 rounds. Round 3-4 would provide such great value and some more weapons for 12/13 personnel.   Who are your targets in the 1,  2-3, late rounds?   Mine would be Luke Musgrave, then Washington/Mayer,  then Kuntz/Schoonmaker.  

Musgrave is my favorite in this class as well. Mocks/big boards love Kincaid too. I think Musgrave sounds like the one who could be elite as a receiving option. 

13 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Musgrave is my favorite in this class as well. Mocks/big boards love Kincaid too. I think Musgrave sounds like the one who could be elite as a receiving option. 

Musgrave bigger & more athletic overall.  Kincaid is the better receiver right now anyway.

I personally would just wait on tight end.  This class is insanely deep.

22 minutes ago, xen said:

Musgrave bigger & more athletic overall.  Kincaid is the better receiver right now anyway.

I personally would just wait on tight end.  This class is insanely deep.

Why spend a high pick on a TE that won't be a primary player for several years as Kelce tapers off?  The idea of top picks is to get starter quality for four years of rookie pay.  If the Chiefs pick a TE, it should be on day three and Bell's resigning may make that a moot point. 

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Why spend a high pick on a TE that won't be a primary player for several years as Kelce tapers off?  The idea of top picks is to get starter quality for four years of rookie pay.  If the Chiefs pick a TE, it should be on day three and Bell's resigning may make that a moot point. 

Because most years the tight end classes stink.  Strike while the iron is hot.  We already have developmental tight ends.  Kelce is getting close to the age where they might want to extend his career with snap counts.  Andy loves multiple TE sets.

Just a few reason they should consider it.

21 minutes ago, xen said:

Because most years the tight end classes stink.  Strike while the iron is hot.  We already have developmental tight ends.  Kelce is getting close to the age where they might want to extend his career with snap counts.  Andy loves multiple TE sets.

I mean I would not be against having a Kittle type guy on the other side of the line as our 2nd TE.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Agree with all of that and it would be nice to see Kelce, Gray, and a young and upcoming TE taking a lot of snaps.   But to me, it makes more sense to draft a top TE prospect closer to the time Kelce is limited.  Just hate to see the cheap rookie contract wasted.  

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree with all of that and it would be nice to see Kelce, Gray, and a young and upcoming TE taking a lot of snaps.   But to me, it makes more sense to draft a top TE prospect closer to the time Kelce is limited.  Just hate to see the cheap rookie contract wasted.  

Another way to look at it is that, no matter how talented, they'll likely need a few years to develop at the pro level.  During that time they could be learning from the 🐐 in his prime.

Kelce could teach a masterclass on route running.

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think that maybe another good receiving TE might be able to give you some of what JuJu did and lessen the perceived need at WR. Plus I had this crazy idea that a young TE working alongside maybe the best TE in history might be beneficial to his game. 

If you think that having 2 TEs on the field that are both elite receiving options is overkill, that's fine. I think it would give defenses fits and force them to pick their poison. 

But maybe you are right. Maybe they should wait until Kelce retires and then draft one and hope he can give you 70% of what Kelce does.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think that maybe another good receiving TE might be able to give you some of what JuJu did and lessen the perceived need at WR. Plus I had this crazy idea that a young TE working alongside maybe the best TE in history might be beneficial to his game. 

If you think that having 2 TEs on the field that are both elite receiving options is overkill, that's fine. I think it would give defenses fits and force them to pick their poison. 

But maybe you are right. Maybe they should wait until Kelce retires and then draft one and hope he can give you 70% of what Kelce does.

yea but a first? not sure that's good idea but this guy was mocked to us  by USA today

Chiefs select Georgia TE Darnell Washington.

It wouldn’t be fair if the Chiefs add this physical specimen to their offense. Washington is every bit of 6-foot-7, a great blocker, and would give the Chiefs a dominant tight end duo with Travis Kelce.

maybe 2nd?

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Darnell-Washington-TE-Georgia

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Washington was used predominantly as a blocker while at Georgia and was impressive in his execution, he however given his frame and overall athletic skills is the kind of player that can become a much better pro than college player. He has the talent as a receiver to be integrated into a pro-level passing offense to a significant extent and his obvious tangibles would create mismatches, especially in the secondary. We see Washington as a high-potential prospect who can dominate at the next level and will likely be selected in the second or third round of the 2023 NFL draft.

PLAYER COMPARISON

Marcedes Lewis

• As a pass blocker he is outstanding and easily handles blitzing LBs on the edge. In the 72 instances when he was used strictly in pass protection he didn't give up a single pressure

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea but a first? not sure that's good idea but this guy was mocked to us  by USA today

It wouldn’t be fair if the Chiefs add this physical specimen to their offense. Washington is every bit of 6-foot-7, a great blocker, and would give the Chiefs a dominant tight end duo with Travis Kelce.

I like this pick... but most mocks have him on day 2 which means the Chiefs can pick him up.

3 hours ago, mex said:

I like this pick... but most mocks have him on day 2 which means the Chiefs can pick him up.

I think he's gone by mid 2nd at the latest.  While he's squarely in the mix in the 2nd tier in this TE class, if you want a great blocker as well it's him or the Domer, and that kid will be long gone.

download (2) (14).jpeg

1 hour ago, xen said:

I think he's gone by mid 2nd at the latest.  While he's squarely in the mix in the 2nd tier in this TE class, if you want a great blocker as well it's him or the Domer, and that kid will be long gone.

download (2) (14).jpeg

ok so do they use him to supplement  average L&R tackles and take him with our #1 or trade down a tinch and take him with a higher 2 pick?

I see him as a mid to high 2 rounder myself

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not saying I want them to draft a first rd TE. I'm saying I have a feeling it's a possibility. 

14 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

If we had a choice at 31 for a wr or top 3 ranked TE who would u take? 
assuming LT are gone. 
id lean towards the TE especially if Kincaid is there. In my opinion this kid is like a wr/ TE. 
I don’t know if he lasts that long. 

Depends on who is there.  I personally think Kincaid and the domer are long gone.  

Hyatt and the TCU receiver are 2 guys I see all over the place.  Quentin Johnson I've seem anywhere from top 10 to 2nd round.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:45 PM, xen said:

I think Kelce, Gronk and Kittle have shown that tight ends can be the 2nd most important position on an offense.  I would not hesitate to use a 1st round pick on the position if the right dude is there.  

On 3/26/2023 at 5:01 PM, Holmes4six! said:

assuming LT are gone. 
id lean towards the TE especially if Kincaid is there. In my opinion this kid is like a wr/ TE. 

He also has a fractured back. I’m not spending a first round on him. 

On 3/27/2023 at 2:01 AM, Holmes4six! said:

assuming LT are gone. 

I don't consider anything other than OT the top priority but if we need to go another way for the pick I wouldn't prioritize any offensive position over defense. DL is a much bigger need and will have much bigger impact than any receiver we select. 

8 hours ago, Palangi said:

He also has a fractured back. I’m not spending a first round on him. 

it was a small break, the medical teams know this. I read it was of lesser degree and no long term affects. If he falls to us at 31, a top TE and is there, I would not hate picking him up at all.

Utah star TE Dalton Kincaid is still recovering from a back injury he suffered late in the ‘22 season. He won’t work out today. He told me he was cleared to begin working out this past Monday & will be cleared for contact 6 weeks from then, May 1st.

19 hours ago, mex said:

We're taking an OT in the first rd. 

If the right one is available, no EDGE, no WR, no DT, etc., fall to them out of the top 15 (like McDuffie), and if they rate him as first round quality.  If would upset the home crowd, but it's possible that the Chiefs could trade DOWN with their first pick.  Several mocks that I've played with make such a move advantageous.  Example:  None of the top five OTs are left and no top WR or EDGE has fallen far enough to be left at #31.  Then why not trade down to get the guy they want at 38 or 40 rather than 31 and move up for later day two?