1 minute ago, jetlord said:

If the right one is available, no EDGE, no WR, no DT, etc., fall to them out of the top 15 (like McDuffie), and if they rate him as first round quality.  If would upset the home crowd, but it's possible that the Chiefs could trade DOWN with their first pick.  Several mocks that I've played with make such a move advantageous.  Example:  None of the top five OTs are left and no top WR or EDGE has fallen far enough to be left at #31.  Then why not trade down to get the guy they want at 38 or 40 rather than 31 and move up for later day two?

Most mocks I've seen have several quality OTs late in the 1st... in fact lately I've seen several mocks with us staying put at 31 and taking Dawand Jones. I would prefer we move up to the middle to take the kid from TN. They seem interested in him.  But I see what you're saying... many folks are hyping Harrison, and mocks have him in the 2nd round. So a trade down could work.

1 minute ago, mex said:

Most mocks I've seen have several quality OTs late in the 1st... in fact lately I've seen several mocks with us staying put at 31 and taking Dawand Jones. I would prefer we move up to the middle to take the kid from TN. They seem interested in him.  But I see what you're saying... many folks are hyping Harrison, and mocks have him in the 2nd round. So a trade down could work.

We've been looking at a lot of day 2 OT's seems to me just based on who we've been confirmed to meet with.  Broderick Jones and the TN kid are the only ones I have found confirmation on meetings among the higher tiers.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

We've been looking at a lot of day 2 OT's seems to me just based on who we've been confirmed to meet with.  Broderick Jones and the TN kid are the only ones I have found confirmation on meetings among the higher tiers.

Honestly I trust the front office to make the right call... but if I had my druthers I'd prefer an experienced LT rather than a converted RT. But Andy/Veach/Heck know what they're looking for. One more month and we'll know.