Chiefs sign Derrick Nnadi

Hard to think there is not someone available that'd not be better for the same $$ but maybe Veach/Spags see's something we dont.

Curious to what the $$ is because IF its  a 5M deal well hell Saunders go that in NO.

In Veach I trust

4 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I don’t know that name.

for good reason..but here's a link  of propaganda

https://sports.yahoo.com/derrick-nnadi-signs-chiefs-164958881.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

Derrick Nnadi has re-signed with Kansas City, according to agency SportsTrust Advisors.

Nnadi started all 17 regular-season games and all three postseason contests for the Chiefs this season, winning Super Bowl LVII. Nnadi recorded 25 tackles with one tackle for loss in the regular season, playing 34 percent of the defensive snaps. He also had three tackles with a sack in the postseason.

A third-round pick in 2018, Nnadi has played all five years of his career with Kansas City. He’s posted 193 total tackles with 4.0 sacks, an interception, and a forced fumble in 81 games with 69 starts.

56 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Hard to think there is not someone available that'd not be better for the same $$ but maybe Veach/Spags see's something we dont.

Curious to what the $$ is because IF its  a 5M deal well hell Saunders go that in NO.

In Veach I trust

Says it's the veteran benefit which is vet minimum essentially. 

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

I realize he’s more of a “run d” lineman than a pass rusher, but woof, I’d much rather have brought back Saunders. 

Turns out the rest of the NFL likes Saunders more as well so there is the financial aspect of things 

40 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Turns out the rest of the NFL likes Saunders more as well so there is the financial aspect of things 

Well yeah, any d lineman who can bring any sort of heat on pass rush will always be more coveted than a run stopper (especially so when they are a replacement level player).

I would guess Nnadi signed a VSP contract so the cap hit here is likely negligible.

Likely we find a new nose on day 3.  A guy like Broderick Martin might need some time to develop but seems like a good fit for us.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Well yeah, any d lineman who can bring any sort of heat on pass rush will always be more coveted than a run stopper (especially so when they are a replacement level player).

I would guess Nnadi signed a VSP contract so the cap hit here is likely negligible.

Likely we find a new nose on day 3.  A guy like Broderick Martin might need some time to develop but seems like a good fit for us.

Hopefully Nnadi will just be a backup but wouldn't be surprised if it takes a while as a rookie adjusts to the NFL.

8 hours ago, xen said:

Ojomo in the fourth?  Actually, depending on other moves the Chiefs might make in FA, Ika might be worth the second round pick if he lasts that long.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Ojomo in the fourth?  Actually, depending on other moves the Chiefs might make in FA, Ika might be worth the second round pick if he lasts that long.  

Ojomo seems more a 34 end to me.  Too light for a straight up nose.

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Maybe.  Do the Chiefs need a straight up nose?  They had some big fatties last year that didn't get used much.  

Yes.  And that's cause a) our nose kinda sucked (yay, he's back!) and b) not a lot of teams run it down our throat cause it's hard to beat mahomes doing that.  But still for obvious run downs and situational football you need a good fatty.  Can find one cheap in FA or on day 3 so it's not like it's a huge investment.  Would be nice to find one with pass rush ability too but those guys are hard to find.