Hardman signs with Jets

According to The Score NFL reporter Jordan Schultz, Chiefs free agent WR Mecole Hardman has agreed to a one-year deal with New York Jets. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport added that the contract is worth up to $6.5 million.

He pairs with reigning offensive rookie of the year, Garrett Wilson, and other receivers like Allen Lazard and Elijah Moore. With Aaron Rodgers expected to come into the fold, the Jets offense will have a lot more speed and weaponry than they have had in recent years. 

Just now, oldtimer said:

According to The Score NFL reporter Jordan Schultz, Chiefs free agent WR Mecole Hardman has agreed to a one-year deal with New York Jets. NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport added that the contract is worth up to $6.5 million.

$6.5 for a WR3? Even with Ghost in the huddle, not sure how he thinks this is a good career move. Maybe the market is dry.

Just now, arrowhead said:

$6.5 for a WR3? Even with Ghost in the huddle, not sure how he thinks this is a good career move. Maybe the market is dry.

Hard to say but the Chiefs must of told him Bye Felcia. Another1 year deal it seems epidemic this year.

Chiefs have to have something up their sleeve... dont they?😟

3 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

All I know is, if you play for the Chiefs as a wide receiver, don’t pick #17 as your jersey number. Chris Conley. Mecole Hardman. Gone. Nuff said 

Uniform Numbers

• Share & Export
    • Modify, Export & Share Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Get Link to Table
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
    • Data Usage Terms
  • Glossary
Player From To AV
Donnie Avery 2013 2014 8
Chris Conley 2015 2018 13
Kevin Curtis 2010 2010  
Steve DeBerg 1988 1991 41
Jack Gehrke 1968 1968 0
Mecole Hardman 2019 2022 23
Dave Krieg 1992 1993 17
Lance Long 2009 2009 1
Fletcher Smith 1966 1967 5
Richard Smith 2004 2004 0
Elmo Wright 1971 1974 13

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Didn't the news release use the term "up to $6.5 million"?  That could mean a very minimal contract with incentives similar to what JuJu had last year.  Looking at it as a Chiefs fan, one has to hope that removes one more contender from the OBJ/Hopkins race.  

1 hour ago, mex said:

Hate to lose him... but he hasn't been worth 6.5... how are the jets gonna pay a QB?

I was ok with shipping him out bc I thought someone would overpay for him.  After losing juju, I would’ve brought Hardman back for this contract.  I’m wondering if after last year they’re more thoroughly convinced that they can run anyone out there and Mahomes will make them passable. 

I wonder if his injury is more concerning that most of us know.   That contract doesn't look bad but it could also be an acknowledgment that for all his talent he never developed the way we hoped he would.   At this point they obviously have a plan and Mecole wasn't a part of it.

24 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I wonder if his injury is more concerning that most of us know.   That contract doesn't look bad but it could also be an acknowledgment that for all his talent he never developed the way we hoped he would.   At this point they obviously have a plan and Mecole wasn't a part of it.

Could be... my guess is they offered him a prove it deal and his agent found greener pastures. I think Veach had his highest price and wasn't willing to spend more.

I really don’t see his value. He had some value with Andy scheming up things, but he has never been a team player. I suspect that the “up to” portion of that contract will not happen. But who knows, maybe he just didn’t like the team here and a new situation is what hen needs to become a WR.

The good news for KC Fans...

The East is going to be a tough division for a change...

I can see the Bills, Pats, Jets and Fins having plenty of losses playing against each other...

I like the AFC Championship at Burrowhead every year.

w

4 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Well if Toney is our first, and we get a wr to be 2, whether hopkins, obj or draft.....that leaves either Moore or MVS as our third. MVS as 3 or 4th WR is making what? 10 million this year?

50 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I really don’t see his value. He had some value with Andy scheming up things, but he has never been a team player. I suspect that the “up to” portion of that contract will not happen. But who knows, maybe he just didn’t like the team here and a new situation is what hen needs to become a WR.

Well, he'll be playing with the great Rodgers, not some journeyman QB from Texas Tech.  

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well if Toney is our first, and we get a wr to be 2, whether hopkins, obj or draft.....that leaves either Moore or MVS as our third. MVS as 3 or 4th WR is making what? 10 million this year?

MVS won't be on the roster if OBJ or DHop come to town. They'll use the cap savings to help pay for the new guy.

5 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

MVS won't be on the roster if OBJ or DHop come to town. They'll use the cap savings to help pay for the new guy.

1. Interesting.  The Chiefs need a number of additional WRs before TC and dropping MVS cuts that number.  Guess they could resign Watson and draft some, but they need more.  

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

Not a team player?   Dude risked further injury to lace it up in the conference championship game.  Went in made a big play and got hurt which has affected his FA value.  He had a ton of value just never developed into the wr he hoped he would.   We missed him when he was out.   T

12 hours ago, arrowhead said:

Incentives are likely inflating the overall value. When everything is said and done it'll end up being a crappy deal that doesn't get us any picks :(