Hardman signs with Jets

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Bills

Jets

Fins

Pat's

Tua's head explodes in game 10.  Nobody believes in Billy B without Tommy.  He's been exposed as an above average coach imo.  Good but no goat.

Bills-Have interest in DHop because they won't be able to stop anybody. They'll need to score 30+ each week.

Jets-The Ghost goes to a darkness retreat week 7. The only guy he wants to talk to is McAfee.

Fins-Slingin' Tua T. MVP of the league until week 9. Then a Linda Blair happens and Mike White comes in and closses it out.

Pats-Billy B stuck in the 80s. JuJu mysteriously goes on IR week 8.

10-7 wins the division.

27 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Bills-Have interest in DHop because they won't be able to stop anybody. They'll need to score 30+ each week.

Jets-The Ghost goes to a darkness retreat week 7. The only guy he wants to talk to is McAfee.

Fins-Slingin' Tua T. MVP of the league until week 9. Then a Linda Blair happens and Mike White comes in and closses it out.

Pats-Billy B stuck in the 80s. JuJu mysteriously goes on IR week 8.

10-7 wins the division.

The afc east is the 2023 version of the 2022 afc west.  Looks good on paper, butttttt....

Sorry I don't believe in Miami.  They're a concussion away from needing a new QB and that noodle armed motherfucker was overrated to begin with.  Tyreek makes him look legit.

9 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Hardman was just an occasionally successful DAT or Dexter McCluster at the end of the day. He never transitioned into Tyreek Hill.

DMC had occasional big plays as an "offensive weapon" but vastly overrated in terms of potential. I feel like Hardman resembles him more than DAT who turned out to be a very small WR that wouldn't survive in the NFL.

On 3/22/2023 at 5:12 PM, mex said:

Could be... my guess is they offered him a prove it deal and his agent found greener pastures. I think Veach had his highest price and wasn't willing to spend more.

Called it.

I don't think we even offered him a contract or he would have immediately responded "yes".  He knew if he said no that wouldn't look good for him so he hemmed and hawed around the question.   

My opinion is Mahomes grew tired of him and was ready to move on and Veach/Andy felt the same way.  He was talented and helped but he never developed over the course of 4 years.  Now maybe that is on our coaching staff but offseason is personal time to get better and we never really saw it.  I think Mahomes is comfortable with Kelce and Toney being the two main targets and he's good with MVS and Moore with a full offseason to gel.   JMO.

Lot of offseason left.  There will be some good veterans let go for cash/cap reasons and we won't have to pony up any picks and usually at that point most teams have already filled their holes.   What teams are aggressively seeking wr now?  Down to just a few and even less after the draft.  Most of the teams competing against us are going all in because they have to.   Bills, Bengals, Jets (to satisfy Rodgers), San Diego, Miami.   All have major cap deal ramifications after this year.  The Chargers kicked the can down the road for one more legit shot by redoing Williams, Allen, and Mack.  Bengals lost a good bit on D and have to be careful how they structure those contracts because Higgins, Burrows and Chase are coming due fast.   Bills aren't any better after loosing some key players and are cap strapped.  Their run for DHop is truly desperation (if they get him they will be favorites for a good reason but for just this year). The Jets are signing everyone for Rodgers, hoping to get a good year or two out of him.   The Dolphins are banking on an oft injured qb behind a porous Oline and loading up on a D that couldn't stop anyone last year with a diva.   

We might not win it all this year but we are set up beautifully for the next 5-6 years.  One more good draft and we are put ourselves on a legendary historic run.  I'll trust the process and Mahomes.