Anyone getting worried about our WR situation yet?

I wanna start off my saying I have faith in Veach.  That said, when the WR market is as thin as it his this off season, I can’t blame Veach for not doing more.  You can’t make people appear out of nowhere.

As it currently stands, this is what we are looking at for WRs

WR1 - MVS

WR2 - Toney (if he’s even healthy)

WR3 - Moore

WR4 - Ross

I know we make comments that Pat can work with anyone, but this has me pretty scared.  I’d argue that most teams in the league would have all these guys as WR3 or lower on their team…. I’m sure some would have MVS as WR2, but that’s it.  It seems at this time that our only real options are ODB and Hopkins.  Unfortunately, I think teams will overpay for ODB and will offer more in trade for d-hop.  I can’t fault Veach for being disciplined and not overpaying for either of these guys.  That doesn’t fix the problem though.  

My only thought is maybe some team out there is about to pull a Keyshawn/Steve Smith situation and Veach may have already talked to them about trading for the exiting player.  

I dunno guys…. I just don’t want the Chiefs to turn into a Green Bay situation where they don’t give him squat for receivers and expect him to carry the team.  

Not really worried as I'm expecting more from Moore and Toney with an increased workload. Obviously the current situation isn't ideal as MVS seems to be the most reliable option out there but there will be more veterans released as the offseason continues. Mahomes will make any WR look better than they really are and quite a bit of vets will jump on board simply for that purpose. Trades are always possible as well.

Not sure about the #3 ranking though. Moore was regarded as a very solid prospect coming out last year and Toney is basically a poor man's Hill when healthy so I believe we might have 3 WR2s at hand which is perfectly fine since Kelce is really our #1 receiver. 

Not worried because I think Veach already knows how this will play out.  Most likely there will be a free agent signing and a day two draft pick.  Don't depend on either Ross; they would be a bonus if they made the roster.  Maybe Watson comes back.  The FA market is thin, but the costs are surprisingly low compared to last season.  If Veach nabs OBJ or Hopkins or even Chark, the Chiefs are set for a couple of years and Moore and the new guy have more time to develop.  If not, there will be another vet signed on that's less known or exciting.  In Veach we trust. 

Our receiving core is essentially

WR 1 Kelce

WR 2 Toney

WR 3 MVS

WR 4 Skyy

WR 5 ??

thats not a bad place to start. i will get worried if we add no one else to the roster before camp starts. But i think veach has a plan here. Kelce is getting older and Toney is inury prone. We really need 1 more proven guy, draft a guy first few rounds, and hope Justyn Ross is healthy. that should be our WR corps

rest of draft in first 3-4 rounds is probably gonna be an OT, a DT, and maybe another EDGE/DT hybrid player. something along those lines.

then veach will do his patented find good secondary players in later rounds, maybe add another rb late, trade up a couple times to ensure we get the player we want, rock and roll for the season.