Anyone getting worried about our WR situation yet?

11 hours ago, kccrow said:

I'm nowhere near as worried about WR as I am about the current shit stack at DT outside of Jones. 

So would you go after Ika if he fell to the Chiefs?  

EDIT:  Never mind.  The Chiefs just signed Byron Cowart.  Problem solved.  🙂

20 hours ago, jetlord said:

So would you go after Ika if he fell to the Chiefs?  

EDIT:  Never mind.  The Chiefs just signed Byron Cowart.  Problem solved.  🙂

If he fell to the Chiefs at 63? Sure. 

LOL @ Byron Cowart being a savior. I'd say he'd be lucky to make the team but with the current crop at DT he has more than a sporting chance. 

11 minutes ago, kccrow said:

LOL @ Byron Cowart being a savior. I'd say he'd be lucky to make the team but with the current crop at DT he has more than a sporting chance. 

Camp fodder and hoping to find lightning in a bottle for a year

3 hours ago, kccrow said:

Cullen did a good job coaching up Dana and Saunders.  Maybe he can do the same with Wharton and Cowart.  Nnadi regressed last season and I think the Chief will certainly find another DT in the draft.  Not to worry if they can get stops on first down.  Nnadi comes out and they switch to their NASCAR package.  They just have to stop getting gashed for 8-9 yards on first down. 

Free-agent wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. remains unsigned after holding a private workout at the beginning of March. While several teams have reportedly expressed interest, with the Jets, Giants, and Bills rumored to be in the hunt, it appears the Chiefs haven't ruled out adding the wideout, either. "Odell is a good football player," stated head coach Andy Reid, who responded to a question from NFL Network's Steve Wyche during an interview on Saturday morning. "Yeah, he does a nice job. So, we'll see how all that goes." Beckham has totaled 531 catches for 7,367 yards and 56 touchdowns throughout his career. He spent his most recent season with the Rams. But he tore his ACL in Super Bowl LVI and hasn't played since. Nevertheless, this won't be the last we hear about Beckham moving ahead. However, Kansas City could be an ideal landing spot for the 30-year-old, considering the team lost JuJu Smith-Schuster and Mecole Hardman to free agency.

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Report: DeAndre Hopkins receives permission from Cardinals to seek trade

Cardinals receiver DeAndre Hopkins continues to be the focal point of trade talk. He now has permission to talk to other teams.

Via Albert Breer of SI.com, Hopkins has received permission to shop his contract elsewhere.

Hopkins has a non-guaranteed compensation package of $19.45 million in 2023. He turns 31 on June 6.

Hopkins, who not long ago was the highest-paid receiver in the NFL, has slipped as the market exploded. And while the market will still generate major dollars for the best of the best, the availability of young, healthy receivers makes it hard to justify giving significant dollars to aging players with injury issues and, in Hopkins’s case, a six-game PED suspension last year.

Even though he insists he didn’t intentionally consume performance-enhancing drugs, the positive test happened. The suspension happened.

Although Hopkins’ salary isn’t guaranteed, the Cardinals may have to pay some of it to facilitate a trade. If they can’t find a taker, they need to ask whether to carry a $30.75 million cap number to keep him on the team — or to cut him, at a cap charge of $22.6 million.

After June 1 (or with a post-June 1 move now), the Cardinals could split the cap hit over two years, $11.3 million in 2023 and $11.3 million in 2024.

For now, the Cardinals prefer to unload the contract while also getting value. To get value, they may have to pay some salary.

For a new team, the challenge may be figuring out a contract that makes Hopkins happy. Part of this process may result in Hopkins realizing the numbers won’t quite be where he thought they’d be.