Anyone getting worried about our WR situation yet?

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I was listening to the Arrowhead Pride podcast from Friday, and I agree with them that at this point in the process, virtually everyone is lying.  The players and both the seeking teams and selling teams. They are all manipulating for position and manipulating the market and each other. The rest of this is just the press looking for something to write about.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:27 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

I was listening to the Arrowhead Pride podcast from Friday, and I agree with them that at this point in the process, virtually everyone is lying.  The players and both the seeking teams and selling teams. They are all manipulating for position and manipulating the market and each other. The rest of this is just the press looking for something to write about.

They should all go into politics. 

Linking every player to the Chiefs in the attempt to drive up the price is smart on the agents part.  Sucks to be a fan and get your hopes up so frequently, but this comes with the territory of having a historic HC/QB/Team.  Glad Veach isn't overpaying anyone else this offseason. 

4 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Linking every player to the Chiefs in the attempt to drive up the price is smart on the agents part.  Sucks to be a fan and get your hopes up so frequently, but this comes with the territory of having a historic HC/QB/Team.  Glad Veach isn't overpaying anyone else this offseason. 

Long time fans don't get excited until the contract is signed.  Still, it's fun to speculate and that's one of the benefits of sites such as this.  

48 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Long time fans don't get excited until the contract is signed.  Still, it's fun to speculate and that's one of the benefits of sites such as this.  

Exactly.  As good as this team is I still get nervous in big games.  The past 30 years has left its scars.  Its getting easier and easier but there is always that doubt that creeps up before a big playoff game.  With a past like ours it sure does make you appreciate the run we are on though.  Great times to be a Chiefs fan!

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Exactly.  As good as this team is I still get nervous in big games.  The past 30 years has left its scars.  Its getting easier and easier but there is always that doubt that creeps up before a big playoff game.  With a past like ours it sure does make you appreciate the run we are on though.  Great times to be a Chiefs fan!

Was there ever a time until the past five years when we watched the Chiefs in a close game in the fourth quarter and deep down we thought, "We got this if the Chiefs are within one score late?" 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Was there ever a time until the past five years when we watched the Chiefs in a close game in the fourth quarter and deep down we thought, "We got this if the Chiefs are within one score late?" 

that has not even happened n the last 5 games much less 5 years

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Total opposite before Mahomes...if we were within one score (leading or behind) I was always puckered that KC would somehow screw it up and give the game away!

We are so lucky, but the old scars remain. We will return to frustration like all teams, but not for a good while.  I wouldn't call any realization that we can't win the super bowl or any kind of championship a "worry".  Even the Patriots' dynasty did not involve a super bowl every year. If it did involve a championship every year for us, we would lose that edge of excitement over possibility as fans.  I don't expect to have a championship every year. My favorite times are those years where we don't expect it, but it happens anyway.  This last season was like that... the best.  Hard to top it.  Filled with close games that could have gone the other way. Now we get to worry about stars aging and leaving or retiring and what will happen.  It's inevitable it will happen. Every team will try their best against us.  Our job is to make fans from other teams SUFFER like we did for a long time and to enjoy them resenting us and wishing us ill. We need to perfect the art of being haughty and obnoxious, not being worry warts. 😄

3 hours ago, Boone said:

Total opposite before Mahomes...if we were within one score (leading or behind) I was always puckered that KC would somehow screw it up and give the game away!

I was always shitting my pants on anything 3rd and 7 or longer before mahomes. 
during vermeil days and Holmes I felt better but other than that I did not until mahomes. 

23 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I was always shitting my pants on anything 3rd and 7 or longer before mahomes. 
during vermeil days and Holmes I felt better but other than that I did not until mahomes. 

3rd and 7.  Shoot 3rd and 4 lol.  3rd and 15 seems probably with Mahomes.  Truly makes you realize how far we truly were with Alex Smith and even to some degree those Vermeil teams (Which had that guy leaned into the draft instead of viewing it as a joke we might have won one then).   All these teams that perenially make the playoff with an avg qb and good defense aren't much closer to actually winning the SB than mediocre teams who rarely sniff the playoffs.  Takes catching lightning in a bottle if you don't have an elite qb.  I don't blame franchises for making bold moves any more to acquire one.   If you hit its worth it!

56 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

3rd and 7.  Shoot 3rd and 4 lol.  3rd and 15 seems probably with Mahomes.  Truly makes you realize how far we truly were with Alex Smith and even to some degree those Vermeil teams (Which had that guy leaned into the draft instead of viewing it as a joke we might have won one then).   All these teams that perenially make the playoff with an avg qb and good defense aren't much closer to actually winning the SB than mediocre teams who rarely sniff the playoffs.  Takes catching lightning in a bottle if you don't have an elite qb.  I don't blame franchises for making bold moves any more to acquire one.   If you hit its worth it!

So true.  If you don't hit it (Ahemm, Blackledge, cough, cough), don't worry.  You'll have another chance in 10 or 20 years.

11 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

So true.  If you don't hit it (Ahemm, Blackledge, cough, cough), don't worry.  You'll have another chance in 10 or 20 years.

Draft Blackledge and you don't have to wait 10 years to be high in the draft again.  The real losers are the ones who mortgage the future for their QB and whiff.  Denver is a good example with Wilson so far.  If Rodgers goes to the Jets, the AFC will have six of the top seven QBs and only one team will be in the SB, much less win it.  Meanwhile, Houston will draft their QBOTF and join the ranks of the frustrated.    

On 3/27/2023 at 3:19 PM, xen said:

Translation for OT: nobody wanted to pay even remotely close to what we wanted, so maybe this motherfucker can find any sort of deal before we give up and drop him as a post June 1 cut.

43 minutes ago, xen said:

I think he’s going to Bills via trade or release. Another weapon for Josh Allen.  Wonderful…

Kyle Allen signed w the Bills, so my wife’s family are gung-ho Bills fans now.  Fucking sickening.  Still laughing about the aunt telling me if I ever met Josh he’d squish me, she was bitter when they lost in playoffs and I was enjoying it.

I've been saying all winter that the Chiefs would be crazy to give up what AZ wants for Hopkins.  Wait for his release or offer a fourth just to get ahead of other teams.  Veach should know what it will really take and also how close Hopkins is to signing with another team.  No team should give up a second and then pay a WR that age another $34.5 million for two years at best.