Anyone getting worried about our WR situation yet?

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

when I read these kind of speculations I want to rip my hair out...luckily I have no hair to rip out. Clark aint forcing Veach to do shit in the draft. If we had Jerry Jones or the like I'd think maybe that would be a possibility. Clark wants what's best for the Chiefs and another SB win, he left those decisions  on how to accomplish that goal to Veach..the end

See?  If it weren't for Coalition speculations, you would still have hair.  Oh, the price we pay!

When you have Mahomes, the WR room becomes automatically one full grade higher, minimum.  That allows us to  pick other positions and meet other needs. This happens while other teams are floundering around trying to make a big splash they cannot afford and while Oldtimer pulls out more hair that doesn't exist.

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Good!  Why wasn't Toney there all along?  He seems to be big in the Chiefs' plans. 

No idea, could be still recovering or maybe personal would be my guess. 

Edit:

Trying to figure it out and do see he does rap music. Could be doing that with what little time he had off

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Good!  Why wasn't Toney there all along?  He seems to be big in the Chiefs' plans. 

It's a long open event to accommodate players' offseason obligations.  Some show up earlier, some later.  Mahomes set it up that way to show players respect.

That's why.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

To me this is interesting not because of who because not a chance in hell KC has a chance at him but just because i can't recall a team getting this kind of a look at a player with their own QB throwing him the ball.  

3 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

To me this is interesting not because of who because not a chance in hell KC has a chance at him but just because i can't recall a team getting this kind of a look at a player with their own QB throwing him the ball.  

Well any team can do it, but the QB can't be told to do so.l as it is off season. Mahomes does all this on his own and it shows why he is the best.

1 hour ago, Okiechief1 said:

Could be hedging bets for future contact. If KC isn't able to draft him, then he may remember having a positive pre-draft experience with Mahomes when he's in the market for a second contract. 

Several GMs have admitted over the years that they keep an eye on their pre-draft visits well into the future...cuz you never know when they might become available. 

2 hours ago, Boone said:

Could be hedging bets for future contact. If KC isn't able to draft him, then he may remember having a positive pre-draft experience with Mahomes when he's in the market for a second contract. 

Several GMs have admitted over the years that they keep an eye on their pre-draft visits well into the future...cuz you never know when they might become available. 

They said the same thing on nfl network today about this.

• 7 months later...

On 4/14/2023 at 6:56 PM, xen said:

We should not be done at WR and if a good one falls to us in the draft I wouldn't be surprised if veach goes for it.

Watson struggled vs press last year.  Richie James is ok but not a game breaker.  Skyy is still young.  MVS is limited in his routes.  And our number one as of now has missed a lot of games.  Everyone else is unproven.

Please stop with thinking veach is done.  By the logic in here we're fine at OT and edge.

Hopefully we learned our lesson.  The upcoming receiver class is shaping up to be much much better this year.  I think it's deep enough that it will be good regardless of who declares early.  We need to hit it hard.

Hard to tell how it shakes out except we know Marvin Harrison Jr will go really high.

On 12/22/2023 at 8:15 AM, xen said:

Hopefully we learned our lesson.  The upcoming receiver class is shaping up to be much much better this year.  I think it's deep enough that it will be good regardless of who declares early.  We need to hit it hard.

Hard to tell how it shakes out except we know Marvin Harrison Jr will go really high.

Rome, Nabers (insert Chris Berman joke), Coleman will all be out of reach, imo. But maybe the next tier below some impact game changers will still be within reach even if we have to trade up a bit. 

I like both kids from Texas. Not super excited by the Ohio State guy.  That other WR from FSU is 6'7". He has to be on the radar to an extent. I know that they are going to be looking for WR that create real separation so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out after the underwear Olympics, etc.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Rome, Nabers (insert Chris Berman joke), Coleman will all be out of reach, imo. But maybe the next tier below some impact game changers will still be within reach even if we have to trade up a bit. 

I like both kids from Texas. Not super excited by the Ohio State guy.  That other WR from FSU is 6'7". He has to be on the radar to an extent. I know that they are going to be looking for WR that create real separation so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out after the underwear Olympics, etc.

Honestly it's too early to say where they'll go on probably any of them except a few like Harrison and Nabers.  So much depends on testing for most receivers to go in the first and honestly if this class tests as well as we think they will, it may push some guys down simply because the class is deep enough teams may wait to take receivers.

I assume "the Ohio State guy" is Egbuka and not Harrison, cause I'd shit myself if we got Harrison.  Egbuka is still a really good receiver amd route runner though and as well as their receivers have done you have to look at him hard.