Anyone getting worried about our WR situation yet?

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Honestly it's too early to say where they'll go on probably any of them except a few like Harrison and Nabers.  So much depends on testing for most receivers to go in the first and honestly if this class tests as well as we think they will, it may push some guys down simply because the class is deep enough teams may wait to take receivers.

I assume "the Ohio State guy" is Egbuka and not Harrison, cause I'd shit myself if we got Harrison.  Egbuka is still a really good receiver amd route runner though and as well as their receivers have done you have to look at him hard.

Yes. I regard Harrison Jr as unobtainable. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yes. I regard Harrison Jr as unobtainable. 

Understatement of the year, as he'll be a top 3 pick. 

Egbuka hasn't declared yet, but I'd be amazed if he doesn't declare soon. This NIL shit is throwing some curveballs at the process though. Some of these guys are making way more in college than they would with a rookie contract... they can get injury insurance to protect them one more season in college. Look at Jameson Williams. He gets the worst injury possible in a bowl game... then gets drafted 12th... recovers, now he's killing it on the field. With NIL the risk of injury is a lot less these days.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Honestly it's too early to say where they'll go on probably any of them except a few like Harrison and Nabers.  So much depends on testing for most receivers to go in the first and honestly if this class tests as well as we think they will, it may push some guys down simply because the class is deep enough teams may wait to take receivers.

I assume "the Ohio State guy" is Egbuka and not Harrison, cause I'd shit myself if we got Harrison.  Egbuka is still a really good receiver amd route runner though and as well as their receivers have done you have to look at him hard.

I would love it if we got Egbuka!

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I would love it if we got Egbuka!

I really do think we should move up some, at least to get one of the top five. We have to grab one of those prospects (unless they don't grade out). Obviously, those kinds of decisions will not be made at any time except during the draft, itself, as guys are coming off the board.  Either way, Veach will be ready with a planned offer for any of those scenarios.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He runs go routes, deep crossers, and posts.  Even if he occasionally wins, the oline doesn’t give Pat time to hit him, or Pat misses him, or he drops it, and on and on.  

Long speed just doesn’t fit in this offense anymore.  They have to find guys who can win early and excel in YAC, and run a f’ing route correctly.  Oh, and don’t have stone hands.  Rice is ahead of schedule and can do those things, somewhat.  That’s it.  Even Kelce has had suspect hands this year.

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

He runs go routes, deep crossers, and posts.  Even if he occasionally wins, the oline doesn’t give Pat time to hit him, or Pat misses him, or he drops it, and on and on.  

Long speed just doesn’t fit in this offense anymore.  They have to find guys who can win early and excel in YAC, and run a f’ing route correctly.  Oh, and don’t have stone hands.  Rice is ahead of schedule and can do those things, somewhat.  That’s it.  Even Kelce has had suspect hands this year.

Meh. Oline isn’t as bad as everyone says. When you throw it predictably like we do, then as you know the defense is coming full steam. This offense lacks balance. Lacks talent and so on. But at one point, Pat had the most time in the pocket of anyone per pff. He’s holding the ball too long also. Hes part of the issue. This thing is so broken 

6 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Meh. Oline isn’t as bad as everyone says. When you throw it predictably like we do, then as you know the defense is coming full steam. This offense lacks balance. Lacks talent and so on. But at one point, Pat had the most time in the pocket of anyone per pff. He’s holding the ball too long also. Hes part of the issue. This thing is so broken 

He is no different than ever. He is just not confident who is going to be open. If someone is too close, he has to dump it off, scramble himself, throw it away, or force it and risk an interception. His protection is suspect at tackles. But yes. His confidence is down. Of course, so is mine. Whose isn't?

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Agree. It only seems like Patrick doesn't have time because the receivers aren't getting open. 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

I mean the Oline couldn't run block at all yesterday and got man handled.    Looked like the game plan was lean on the run but when you get stuffed or lose yards on first down how long can you keep doing that.  The Oline sucked yesterday.  Mahomes holds the ball to long and the wrs can't consistently get open and then you throw in playcalling for deeper concepts when the line doens't hold up and then the shorter concepts the wr's can't get open.  Its a snow ball effect.  Like you said its so broken.   I honestly blame coaching and leadership more than anything.  Allowing mistakes to slide enables certain players to not dig deep and get better.  We are making more mistakes now than at the beginning of the year.  

I went and rewatched the pick 6.  It is a microcosm of the entire season.  Watson runs a piss poor route.  Mahomes forces the ball, probably out of frustration, and it gets picked and returned.  When Mahomes releases the ball, Watson steps back and bunny hops.  The ball is chest high mind you.  It looks like a terrible ball and it probably could have been thrown better, but if the wr cuts his right hard to the sideline and steps towards the ball that makes the int so much hard if not impossible.  When Mahomes makes the decision to throw Watson is open by NFL standards.  Again its not a perfect pass but we see passes like that a lot in the NFL and when an NFL WR runs a good route and even has to help his qb out its at worst an incompletion.   Yet in this case its a pick 6.

Now when everyone is yelling our wr's are open, just remember NFL windows are open for a split second.  What makes Mahomes think that any, including Rice, will do what it takes to make the catch and run the correct route.  Even Rice didn't sit down in time for a pass yesterday.  Not dogging Rice but he feasts on design plays.  He still hasn't learned how to beat man consistently nor find soft spots in zone (he has improved a ton though and the future looks bright with him).  

Finally, throw in an off year by Mahomes and we are seeing a complete and utter embarrassing offense down the stretch.  

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

The tackles are subpar.

And, where did I say that Pat wasn’t part of the issue?

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I mean the Oline couldn't run block at all yesterday and got man handled.    Looked like the game plan was lean on the run but when you get stuffed or lose yards on first down how long can you keep doing that.  The Oline sucked yesterday.  Mahomes holds the ball to long and the wrs can't consistently get open and then you throw in playcalling for deeper concepts when the line doens't hold up and then the shorter concepts the wr's can't get open.  Its a snow ball effect.  Like you said its so broken.   I honestly blame coaching and leadership more than anything.  Allowing mistakes to slide enables certain players to not dig deep and get better.  We are making more mistakes now than at the beginning of the year.  

3.78 seconds to throw yesterday.

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

I didn’t say you didn’t. I was just saying that blaming the oline has been a little over stated 

I'm still sticking with the oline being subpar.  But, yeah, it doesn't help when Pat holds the ball forever waiting for someone to get open, or just not throwing to those who do get open because he doesn't trust them to catch it.

All the posts here have been about all our mistakes and deficiencies, including my post.  But it is important to remember that we lost by 4 points and played a team whose defense played fantastic and inspired football.  They were screaming to the ball and played obsessed.  They were clearly great and would have been against anyone.  They were sick and tired of losing to us 11 times in a row.  Give them credit.

31 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

All the posts here have been about all our mistakes and deficiencies, including my post.  But it is important to remember that we lost by 4 points and played a team whose defense played fantastic and inspired football.  They were screaming to the ball and played obsessed.  They were clearly great and would have been against anyone.  They were sick and tired of losing to us 11 times in a row.  Give them credit.

I think they saw "blood in the water" from the start, and KC was never able to punch back...which made them play even harder. They've come out with their hair on fire in the past, but KC had the resilency to hang in and punch back.....not this year tho.

It looked like LV sat in their hotel rooms chomping at the bit on Christmas Eve and KC sat back with family and friends having a good time and not having a worry in the world about the shitty raiders.....Surprise!

On 12/26/2023 at 10:41 PM, Calichief said:

3.78 seconds to throw yesterday.

Curious how that is calculated?  Is that before pressured?   There is no way he sat in the pocket for 4 seconds and then got pressured and moved off the spot.   I'm assuming that is from snap to throw which we all know Pat buys himself a lot of extra time.   Some of that is on Pat but our Oline got worked on Monday.