I just finished watching the replay of KC versus SD.  Its great to watch the game again, devoid of passion.

And while I watch it "analytically", I giggle.  I laugh, not in mockery, but in joy, when I see Charlie run.  Whether it be as overt as that "simple", exquisite, 12 yard TD run where he makes other "mere" athletes look foolish or any one of his runs, the mantel has been passed.  In more ways than one.

Charlie is the best RB in Chiefs history.  

Charlie is the best RB in the NFL.  Period. 

He's unique.  You can only compare parts of him to other backs.  He's built and avoids hits like Marcus Allen.  He makes a bad OL look good like Barry Sanders.  He's no bulldozer, but he's tough and strong.  He can break tackles that undermine his size.  He catches the ball like Faulk or Thurman Thomas.  He picks up the blitz, not as well as Walter Payton, but pretty damned well.

Enjoy Chiefs fans.  We can all agree that we've been privileged to enjoy this man's career.

Giggle at will.

I just finished watching the replay of KC versus SD. Its great to watch the game again, devoid of passion.

And while I watch it "analytically", I giggle. I laugh, not in mockery, but in joy, when I see Charlie run. Whether it be as overt as that "simple", exquisite, 12 yard TD run where he makes other "mere" athletes look foolish or any one of his runs, the mantel has been passed. In more ways than one.

Charlie is the best RB in Chiefs history.

Charlie is the best RB in the NFL. Period.

He's unique. You can only compare parts of him to other backs. He's built and avoids hits like Marcus Allen. He makes a bad OL look good like Barry Sanders. He's no bulldozer, but he's tough and strong. He can break tackles that undermine his size. He catches the ball like Faulk or Thurman Thomas. He picks up the blitz, not as well as Walter Payton, but pretty damned well.

Enjoy Chiefs fans. We can all agree that we've been privileged to enjoy this man's career.

Giggle at will.

Yep, he came right back from the knee and was the best RB in the league. AP, who is the rival, can't do it in the passing game like Charles. I hope Andy can stick with the formula.

• 3 weeks later...

You can only slow this guy down.  He WILL break one or two eventually.  Any plan or adjustment not including this guy is foolish. 

Cudos to Andy.  On 4 and 1 he deftly gave it to his best player.  I love that shuttle pitch!  

It won the game.

I said something similar last week.

Charles deserves to be in the Best of All Time Discussion.

Anyone that has better yards per carry stats than Jim Brown and Barry Sanders goes to the front of the line IMO.

w

He's the best RB in the league.

Great read on Charles.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article3682738.html

"He is as much world-class sprinter as a grinder, as much a blue-blood elite athlete as a blue-collar mucker, as much a solo standout as the consummate team player, as much about soul and heart as he is a bloodless Terminator."

Great read on Charles.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article3682738.html

"He is as much world-class sprinter as a grinder, as much a blue-blood elite athlete as a blue-collar mucker, as much a solo standout as the consummate team player, as much about soul and heart as he is a bloodless Terminator."

I think Holly Hunter sums it up best for me...

Archived