Offensive line

I don’t think they are done. I like that we have a OT that will play either side. OBJ and the won’t play RT is ridiculous. I don’t think Niang or Kinnard will start, but who knows. We could roll with that crew, but I doubt that is the plan. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I don’t think they are done. I like that we have a OT that will play either side. OBJ and the won’t play RT is ridiculous. I don’t think Niang or Kinnard will start, but who knows. We could roll with that crew, but I doubt that is the plan. 

I think we roll with that crew but still move up in the draft for an OT.

Just my .03

1 minute ago, DieHard said:

May be right. First round has to be white receiver or OT. Just my opinion.

My guess is Andy&Co will go OT, then DL (or edge) then WR.  Just a guess, based on my ranking of positional needs. 

One reason why, is because at this point in the early spring FA musical chairs, most mocks have the #1 LT Johnson going to Chicago at #9... then nobody else seems to be looking for a LT until the mid-teens. Hell several mocks have us taking Dawand Jones at #31. Personally I'd like to see us trade up to have a chance at Skoronski, Jones, or Wright. Some mocks have Harrison in the 2nd rd... and I think KC will be looking at him seriously. 

The question is what would we need to give up to jump 17 slots.  We have 1,2,3,4,4,5,6,6,6,6,7,7 plus next year. Maybe give up our 1st, a 4th and a 3rd from 2024? That still leaves us 2,3,4,5,6,6,6,6,7,7 this year.

There's a quality DE and WR in there somewhere. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

I think we roll with that crew but still move up in the draft for an OT.

Just my .03

From my expert seat here I see Niang and Kinnard as backups. A solid LT is still needed. Whatshisname is no longer available so I hope we move up to get one in the early-mid 1st round. 

There is no higher priority than keeping Pat healthy. No needs on defense or WR come close to being able to keep his jersey clean. 

Not sure why there's so little confidence in Niang.  He played ok for a rookie in 2021 until he got hurt playing LT.  He was considered under drafted due to his previous injury but I'm not sure he's injury prone aside from the patellar tendon and should have upside.  Certainly, they need backup for him, but he could be a legitimate starter at RT.  

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not sure why there's so little confidence in Niang.  He played ok for a rookie in 2021 until he got hurt playing LT.  He was considered under drafted due to his previous injury but I'm not sure he's injury prone aside from the patellar tendon and should have upside.  Certainly, they need backup for him, but he could be a legitimate starter at RT.  

A ruptured patellar tendon is no joke, and Niang should be 100% by now. If he is, he should be the starting RT if it's guaranteed Taylor is moving to LT. I hope Kinnard makes significant improvements to bring competition, but we drafted him to transition to IOL. 

25 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think it comes from ( me as well) is he took Covid year off and has not been avaible ( injuries) he just seems to not have that drive to play. Maybe I’m wrong. I hope so  

36 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think it comes from ( me as well) is he took Covid year off and has not been avaible ( injuries) he just seems to not have that drive to play. Maybe I’m wrong. I hope so  

His COVID year off was influenced by his lingering college injury.  That's why he was available in the third round of the 2020 draft, or so it was reported  Just going off the time he did play the next year, he can be the starter.  Maybe he gets injured in TC or maybe he plays 20 games at the starter, we don't know  The ability is there and the Chiefs need backup and future starter, but I think this year's starters on the line are already on the team.  

1 hour ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

From my expert seat here I see Niang and Kinnard as backups. A solid LT is still needed. Whatshisname is no longer available so I hope we move up to get one in the early-mid 1st round. 

There is no higher priority than keeping Pat healthy. No needs on defense or WR come close to being able to keep his jersey clean. 

Agree 100%

I'm tired of having converted RTs guarding Patrick's blind side. Yeah yeah yeah... Patrick does well when he rolls right and can stay out of harm's way. 

Still. I want a bonafide LTOTF.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Agree 100%

I'm tired of having converted RTs guarding Patrick's blind side. Yeah yeah yeah... Patrick does well when he rolls right and can stay out of harm's way. 

Exactly. I don’t want there to be a “harm’s way.” I want him protected behind the best line in football. I’m tired of watching him run for his life after the pocket collapses.

And switching Taylor to LT and plugging someone in at RT is the same makeshift move that has kept Pat running around just a half step ahead of oblivion for his career. 

3 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

A ruptured patellar tendon is no joke, and Niang should be 100% by now. If he is, he should be the starting RT if it's guaranteed Taylor is moving to LT. I hope Kinnard makes significant improvements to bring competition, but we drafted him to transition to IOL. 

Where have you seen we drafted him to transition to IOL?  
could you show this?

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Where have you seen we drafted him to transition to IOL?  
could you show this?

They drafted him for RT per Veach. Yes he could do well inside too, but I bet they are giving him a chance at RT first. He did it so well playing it in the SEC they would be dumb not too

3 hours ago, mex said:

Agree 100%

True unless they see something for one of them at LT. Taylor will be there and Niang/Kinnard will battle it out for RT or seeing tackle. Only way I see Taylor at RT is if a guy drops in the draft to us.

4 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

“I think we can work him as a right tackle,” said area scout Pat Sperduto after the Chiefs selected Kinnard in the draft. “If we needed to, we could put him in at guard. But I think his first spot’s going to be right tackle.”

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2022/8/31/23331834/chiefs-gm-brett-veach-says-darian-kinnard-has-upside-at-both-guard-and-tackle

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

True unless they see something for one of them at LT. Taylor will be there and Niang/Kinnard will battle it out for RT or seeing tackle. Only way I see Taylor at RT is if a guy drops in the draft to us.

Agree... but I think we move up. Won't be cheap, but shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to jump 17 spots.

8 hours ago, Palangi said:

“I think we can work him as a right tackle,” said area scout Pat Sperduto after the Chiefs selected Kinnard in the draft. “If we needed to, we could put him in at guard. But I think his first spot’s going to be right tackle.”

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2022/8/31/23331834/chiefs-gm-brett-veach-says-darian-kinnard-has-upside-at-both-guard-and-tackle

Andy Heck said during the season that he had been playing inside at guard and had looked outstanding there...