Semo Mock 1.0

SEMO

Probably not what people here want, but this is what I can see Veach doing.  I think they still like Niang and unless one of the blue chip tackles fall enough to justify a trade up, I think he will roll with a developmental guy later in the draft.

1(27) - Cam Smith CB South Carolina 6'1" 180lbs

Trade 32 and 135 to Dallas for 27. 

Veach adds another tall, press man corner.  If Sneed is extended before the draft, then this pick could change.

2(64) - Rashee Rice WR SMU 6'1" 204lbs

Long, athletic receiver that needs some polish.  The Mahomes Effect will speed that up.

3(88) - Tyler Steen OT Alabama 6'6" 321lbs

Trade 96 and 180 to Minnesota for 88.

Athletic, developmental LT.  Needs to tighten up some technique issues, but could be a steal here.

4(123) - DJ Johnson EDGE Oregon 6'4" 260lbs

Athletic, high motor.  Doesn't really know what he is doing yet.  Needs time to develop.

5(168) - Tyjae Spears RB Tulane 5'10" 201lbs

6(219) - Daniel Scott S California 6'1" 208lbs

7(251) - Deslin Alexandre EDGE Pitt 6'4" 280lbs

7(252) - Nikko Remigio WR Fresno St 5'11" 185lbs

We definitely could use a CBOTF but right now we gotta protect Patrick at all costs, and get someone to help Jones on the DL. Here would be my top 3:

1(20) - Darnell Wright OT Tenn (trade 31, 122, 178 to Seattle)

2(63) - Zach Harrison DE OSU

3(95) - Cedric Tillman WR Tenn

22 hours ago, mex said:

We definitely could use a CBOTF but right now we gotta protect Patrick at all costs, and get someone to help Jones on the DL. Here would be my top 3:

1(20) - Darnell Wright OT Tenn (trade 31, 122, 178 to Seattle)

2(63) - Zach Harrison DE OSU

3(95) - Cedric Tillman WR Tenn

Homer pick in 2nd.  With how deep this class is I wouldn't touch Harrison until the 4th round.  I guess maybe 3rd depending on who's gone.  Dude does have some fucking crazy ass long arms though.

37 minutes ago, xen said:

Homer pick in 2nd.  With how deep this class is I wouldn't touch Harrison until the 4th round.  I guess maybe 3rd depending on who's gone.  Dude does have some fucking crazy ass long arms though.

Ain't nothing wrong with being a homer. I want a good DE without giving away too much draft cap. He's one of those risk/reward guys... like Creed. Lots of people shaking their head on that one... and he's one of the best in the league right now. Harrison could be a monster. He came on really late in his college career so it's hard to project his potential. Doubt they'll take a shot at him tho... for some reason they never seem to pick OSU dudes. Likely because they're always drafting too late in the rounds. 

2 hours ago, mex said:

Ain't nothing wrong with being a homer. I want a good DE without giving away too much draft cap. He's one of those risk/reward guys... like Creed. Lots of people shaking their head on that one... and he's one of the best in the league right now. Harrison could be a monster. He came on really late in his college career so it's hard to project his potential. Doubt they'll take a shot at him tho... for some reason they never seem to pick OSU dudes. Likely because they're always drafting too late in the rounds. 

Pure local favoritism on your part, I assure you.  Though he is long and stiff so Spags probably likes him.  A guy like Derrick Hall probably gives you better return at that spot.

Cam would be great value at 31 and an insurance in the event that Sneed walks next year but we just won the SB. But yes that would be a very Veach thing to do. Winning back to back is hard and we have other areas to fill.   Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, and Williams and Nazeeh make up a young and very talented DB core.   Getting a better pass rusher, pass catching or pass protector is key in the first/second.

On 4/1/2023 at 12:22 PM, mex said:

Analysts who report on Harrison say he is good with a power technique but has no variety in his pass rush skills.  Maybe Cullen could coach him up, but why take that risk when there's so many other second tier DEs with better skills?   Pass on Harrison in the second round.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Analysts who report on Harrison say he is good with a power technique but has no variety in his pass rush skills.  Maybe Cullen could coach him up, but why take that risk when there's so many other second tier DEs with better skills?   Pass on Harrison in the second round.  

"Analysts" or the one report you read?  His biggest issue is bend... where yeah, he's not as flexible at the hip which could limit his rush vs top-tier OTs.

That said, every 2nd round DE is going to have knocks... so you can't say others will have better skills.