Crow's Mock 4.2.23

kccrow

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yes, I have the chart.  My question is what would you give up to move up to #21?  Do you think it's worth a first, third, fourth, and fifth to get the fourth best OT instead of the fifth or the third best WR instead of the fourth?  It seems so many are saying just move up to get so and so without considering the cost.  The Chiefs have extra picks again this year but not the higher ones like last year.  Their draft could be pretty small if they move up that far.  

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yes, I have the chart.  My question is what would you give up to move up to #21?  Do you think it's worth a first, third, fourth, and fifth to get the fourth best OT instead of the fifth or the third best WR instead of the fourth?  It seems so many are saying just move up to get so and so without considering the cost.  The Chiefs have extra picks again this year but not the higher ones like last year.  Their draft could be pretty small if they move up that far.  

I think if the 3rd best lt is there, per media, and they have him rated 2nd, you do it. I would do it for the 2nd best DE if one falls. All depends on how they see the bpa because media and we dont know.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I think if the 3rd best lt is there, per media, and they have him rated 2nd, you do it. I would do it for the 2nd best DE if one falls. All depends on how they see the bpa because media and we dont know.

Guess we'll just have to disagree.  I'd prefer Wright or Harrison in the first with Tillman or Perry at WR rather than Quinten Johnson and a lesser OT/DE and losing a top 100 pick.  There's no Randy Moss or Jamar Chase in this draft.  Mahomes has demonstrated that he can throw for 5000 yds. without a true #1 and might do better with a real LT.  It's not that a WR taken in the first round might not be better, it's that giving up another position of need isn't worth it.  JMHO

27 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Guess we'll just have to disagree.  I'd prefer Wright or Harrison in the first with Tillman or Perry at WR rather than Quinten Johnson and a lesser OT/DE and losing a top 100 pick.  There's no Randy Moss or Jamar Chase in this draft.  Mahomes has demonstrated that he can throw for 5000 yds. without a true #1 and might do better with a real LT.  It's not that a WR taken in the first round might not be better, it's that giving up another position of need isn't worth it.  JMHO

I would sit at 31 if they are going for wr. Maybe move up a couple spots. I am for giving the trenches the move up to 21 only 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I would sit at 31 if they are going for wr. Maybe move up a couple spots. I am for giving the trenches the move up to 21 only 

Agree with that.  OT Jones is the only one worth moving up that high for and he probably won't be there.  Wright or Harrison shouldn't take a move of more than a few slots up if at all.  Trust Veach to know if he has to jump and when.  What EDGE would you move up for? 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree with that.  OT Jones is the only one worth moving up that high for and he probably won't be there.  Wright or Harrison shouldn't take a move of more than a few slots up if at all.  Trust Veach to know if he has to jump and when.  What EDGE would you move up for? 

See my post on the previous page. I think if a good one falls projecting to be a mid round to early 20s pick it might be worth it.