Mocking around

Palangi

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Nope, I trust the Chiefs scouts and analysts to know a starter at OT before they draft one.  Wright is one obvious choice.  Harrison looks like a starter at LT or RT.  Taylor and Niang could very well be the starters regardless of the draft, but I'd expect Wright to take over a spot and Niang be the swing tackle.  We don't want to see Prince or Kinnard playing multiple games if someone goes down.  

Kinnard was drafted by those same scouts and analysts yet you are dismissing him after a year of development

42 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Plays like Jane.

Maybe he'll be a surprise. I still think your focus on two 6'4" WRs and a 6'7" TE is ludicrous. Andy is not going to do that. This offense is about quick hitting and YAC above all things with some deep strikes mixed in. You have two long striders with build-up speed added to MVS and Ross so now the bulk of your roster is that type. Just never going to happen man. Never. 

He did have 62 catches and 7 TDs with JT Daniels at QB. That has to be accounted for. The QB play at West Virginia has been bad and even worse under Daniels

8 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Kinnard was drafted by those same scouts and analysts yet you are dismissing him after a year of development

Kinnard may be like Kaindoh.  Showed something that the team thought they could develop into an effective NFL player and it just didn't work out.  I'll give it another year, but Kinnard looks like a guard to me, not a tackle.  If he steps it up, he won't be the first that took several years to get it, but the odds are long.  

Just now, jetlord said:

Why?  Most boards have Tillman higher but either would seem to fit the Chiefs needs if they can translate to the NFL. 

I wouldn’t be upset with the pick. I do think Tillman is a little slower in his movement skills. But he is super physical

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Kinnard may be like Kaindoh.  Showed something that the team thought they could develop into an effective NFL player and it just didn't work out.  I'll give it another year, but Kinnard looks like a guard to me, not a tackle.  If he steps it up, he won't be the first that took several years to get it, but the odds are long.  

Fair enough. 

14 hours ago, kkuenn said:

More proof that when faced with writers block, sports reporters/analysts revert to another mock with little thought to the needs of the teams or the rankings of the prospects.  This joker had Wright going ahead of projected LTs and several teams reaching for second rounders in the first.  Not much credibility in this one. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

More proof that when faced with writers block, sports reporters/analysts revert to another mock with little thought to the needs of the teams or the rankings of the prospects.  This joker had Wright going ahead of projected LTs and several teams reaching for second rounders in the first.  Not much credibility in this one. 

Well, Raiders will reach. They always do the wtf pick.....

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Second rounders going in the first? Based on who's board? Other writers with no more or less credibility than Zeurlein? 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Second rounders going in the first? Based on who's board? Other writers with no more or less credibility than Zeurlein? 

That's a good point.  No two boards are the same.  But there's general consensus on about 25 prospects that are generally listed as going in the first round.  It was once reported that the Chiefs draft room had 21 players rated as first round quality last year.  McDuffie was one of them so they moved to get him.  But when one looks at some of the writers mock guesses, they have consensus late second and sometimes third round players assigned to teams picking late in the first.  Tillman to the Chiefs was one guy's mock.  I've seen Wright listed from 20 to late second on various boards.  We'll find out in about three weeks.  

On 4/4/2023 at 5:58 PM, jetlord said:

Those thing complement each other.  After eighteen holes in a windstorm and three hours working at a food pantry, I'm enjoying a good stout.  Starting to feel rejuvenated already.  

You left the Phoenix area right when it starts getting nice. April & May are beautiful. End of May is time to evacuate to cooler climes.