This was the Chiefs turning point...

24 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Watching that never gets old. 

That game serves as a touchstone, reminding the Chiefs they are never out of it. The 13 seconds playoff game was a direct result of this game. As was the late comeback against the Bolts last year. 

Absolutely. 

The turning point in the HOU game was Hardman's kick return... but I'd have to say the momentum change was Sorenson stuffing the fake punt. That was such a huge play.

10 minutes ago, mex said:

Absolutely. 

The turning point in the HOU game was Hardman's kick return... but I'd have to say the momentum change was Sorenson stuffing the fake punt. That was such a huge play.

If not for that play, the comeback may not have happened. That was the game changer. It deflated Houston and fired up the Chiefs, as well as setting up a quick TD. 

Then, Dirty Dan forced the fumble on the kickoff, leading to another quick TD. 

Dan played his butt off that game.  

3 hours ago, mex said:

Absolutely. 

I believe that's our current safety that Dan tackled. I could watch that video on a loop all day. Notice the dreadful, somber music until Hardman returns then really bumps up on Dan's tackle. 

8 minutes ago, West said:

I think you properly indentified "the game"  but I do not think it was one play.

I think the mindset changed "Somehow-Someway, the Chiefs will find a way to lose this game:..." 

to

"Somehow, Someway, the Chiefs will find a way to WIN this game"....

Totally radical line for old time fans....Frankly,I am still getting used to it.

w

you and me both brother

29 minutes ago, West said:

I think you properly indentified "the game"  but I do not think it was one play.

I think the mindset changed "Somehow-Someway, the Chiefs will find a way to lose this game:..." 

to

Totally radical line for old time fans....Frankly,I am still getting used to it.

w

Yep, it was a team effort with pretty much everyone chipping in. Bell with his first TD, Williams turning into Barry Sanders, receivers catching everything coming their way, defense turning into the great wall, etc. 

35 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Yep, it was a team effort with pretty much everyone chipping in. Bell with his first TD, Williams turning into Barry Sanders, receivers catching everything coming their way, defense turning into the great wall, etc. 

It shows the psychology of the game.  Kelce dropping an easy pass, Robinson dropping two, uncovered receiver, blocked punt.  When the Chiefs started rolling and the crowd got into it, Houston was done, even when they still led 24-21.  Same thing in the first SB.  The Niners were defeated after 2-3 jet chip wasp.  They still had the lead but saw the writing on the wall.  Mahomes has given the Chiefs the ability to intimidate other good teams.  When he gets rolling, they know he's nearly unstoppable.  

1 hour ago, West said:

to

w

Spot on. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

51-7 in 2.5 quarters 

I know we can win without a guy like Hill but that doesn't mean we should be actively looking for another elite pass catcher.   Mahomes is Mahomes own worst enemy as he has set the bar so high and normalized the exceptional....and yet still finds a way of one upping himself.  Special times to a Chiefs fan!

5 hours ago, West said:

to

w

Speaking of old-time anxieties, I'm still suffering draft phobia as well. 

Hopefully Veach/Reid & Co will put that to bed this year with another huge haul.

19 hours ago, mex said:

Speaking of old-time anxieties, I'm still suffering draft phobia as well. 

Hopefully Veach/Reid & Co will put that to bed this year with another huge haul.

If they get half the starters and contributors this year compared to last year, I'd be happy.  One OT, one WR, and one D-line with some rotational players thrown in would be a great draft.