Jerick McKinnon

I am with you Jet...and agree with the positions as you listed them.

Veach went hard for the OT (Replacing Brown) and DL from SF.  Great pickups.

I think Ritchie James fell into his lap.

June 1st will bring KC 2-3 guys as well.  I hope McKinnon is one of them...

w

1 hour ago, West said:

I am with you Jet...and agree with the positions as you listed them.

Veach went hard for the OT (Replacing Brown) and DL from SF.  Great pickups.

I think Ritchie James fell into his lap.

June 1st will bring KC 2-3 guys as well.  I hope McKinnon is one of them...

w

McKinnon, Watson, Williams, and Dunlap are still out there.  So is Clark, but I wouldn't expect him to resign with the Chiefs. 

On 4/10/2023 at 10:43 PM, Holmes4six! said:

I just hope we sign him. He knows what to do in our offense and can block like no one’s business. 

He is uniquely suited as valuable to the Chiefs. As you say, his blocking ability is as important to protecting Mahomes as almost any O-lineman, because he can do that while still representing a decent run threat, not giving away what the play is going to be by his presence on a particular snap.  I really hope we re-sign him.  If it's two years constructed in a favorable way that could let the Chiefs get out of it in year 2, then even better.  He is also a real veteran and a locker room asset, as well. For the Chiefs, his total is greater than the sum of his parts. 

I really like his elusiveness and savvy as an outlet for Mahomes and on screens. Give him decent money.  He deserves it.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Not "filthy lucre."

Here's the problem.. there is a glut of RBs in FA available most are younger than JMcK many with a similar skill set. He played for Vet Minimum and he wont get more this year whether it be from the Chiefs or anyone else at his age. Vet minimum is 1.5M maybe throw in some bonus options but the bottom line is at 31 does he want to play or not. JMO he'll be signed  by training camp, he signed last June so there is no rush but yea I'd like to se him on the roster again

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Here's the problem.. there is a glut of RBs in FA available most are younger than JMcK many with a similar skill set. He played for Vet Minimum and he wont get more this year whether it be from the Chiefs or anyone else at his age. Vet minimum is 1.5M maybe throw in some bonus options but the bottom line is at 31 does he want to play or not. JMO he'll be signed  by training camp, he signed last June so there is no rush but yea I'd like to se him on the roster again

That sounds right to me. It I were McKinnon, I would take that but would prefer "filthy lucre."  Maybe even "slightly soiled."

23 hours ago, jetlord said:

More than a pathologist or brew master makes.  

Hell I’m just like McKinnon. I’m old, probably could be replaced, but I work cheap love my job and I’m still pretty good at it. Also have a few ‘championship rings.’ 

I’m starting to like that kid even more. 

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports

Chiefs plan to connect with Jerick McKinnon after draft

Running back Jerick McKinnon has not signed with anyone since becoming a free agent in March and a return to Kansas City for another season with the Chiefs remains a possibility.

That was the word from General Manager Brett Veach during a press conference on Wednesday. McKinnon spent the last two seasons with the Chiefs and Veach said they’ll have a conversation about a third one after the draft wraps up next week.

“He’s certainly a guy that we love,” Veach said, via Nate Taylor of TheAthletic.com. “Jerick likes to take his time and make sure he’s ready to go. Once we get past next weekend, we’ll double up.”

4 minutes ago, DieHard said:

McKinnon and Dunlap would be great. With Dunlap, I don’t think we need much else at RB or DE. Omenihu is an upgrade over Clark IMO. Dunlap was a beast last year. Karl will be better. We saw him get more effective as the season went on last year and I think he continues to grow. 

Still need both imo. Plan for next year too.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

McKinnon and Dunlap would be great. With Dunlap, I don’t think we need much else at RB or DE. Omenihu is an upgrade over Clark IMO. Dunlap was a beast last year. Karl will be better. We saw him get more effective as the season went on last year and I think he continues to grow. 

This has me jazzed for our potential next year.

Heh... Nick Wright says the only team we'll be chasing next year are the '72 Dolphins.

9 hours ago, mex said:

Heh... Nick Wright says the only team we'll be chasing next year are the '72 Dolphins.

Every team's fanbases get jazzed and convinced at this time of year right before the draft they are going to be fantastic, that a new age of dominance for them is about to begin. Why, I don't know, but the draft season and free agency, and the way it is covered in the media seems to make this true every year. Not to rain on any parades or anything.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Every team's fanbases get jazzed and convinced at this time of year right before the draft they are going to be fantastic, that a new age of dominance for them is about to begin. Why, I don't know, but the draft season and free agency, and the way it is covered in the media seems to make this true every year. Not to rain on any parades or anything.

That's because the NFL doesn't sell football at this time of year. Instead, the sell hope. How that your team will improve. Hope that these rookies will help your team take "the next step". Hope that your free agent acquisitions will be enough to put your team "over the top". Hope that your team will continue to dominate. 

One thing's for sure, the NFL is really good at selling it. 

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Are you questioning Nick Wright? That dude is bombastic, but he is rarely wrong about the Chiefs.

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

what's life without hope? I mean it's what has kept us fans for 50 years lol

18 hours ago, mex said:

Realize its different regime and QB and all but hearing that he said that makes me think of when Whitlock went all in and predicted the perfect season somewhere in the 90s.  If i remember right that season didn't turn out very good.  

1 hour ago, mex said:

Are you questioning Nick Wright? That dude is bombastic, but he is rarely wrong about the Chiefs.

Personally, I love Nick giving it to his cohort, Kevin Wildes, who’s an obnoxious Pats fan.  Kevin’s had to sit and see what it was like all those years when his team was winning.  

4 hours ago, mex said:

I question them all.  One thing is certain.  He is either right or wrong.  But his opinion will contribute to optimism, and that sells.