Sunday Ticket Holy Smokes

On Tuesday, the Internet streaming service YouTubeTV announced its United States pricing plans for the NFL Sunday Ticket service, which had been provided by the satellite television provider DirecTV since 1994.

The service is used by displaced Kansas City Chiefs fans all over America. Subscribers can watch any game carried by the CBS or FOX television networks — that is, every game except the national games shown on Amazon Prime on Thursdays, NBC on Sundays or ESPN on Mondays.

In 2022, DirecTV charged $293.94 for the service — but to get it, customers also had to subscribe to the main service, which currently costs at least $64.99 per month. (There were exceptions for college students, those who did not own televisions or couldn’t get a satellite signal at their home). YouTubeTV will continue to give subscribers to its regular service (which now costs $72.99 per month) the best deal on NFL Sunday Ticket, charging $349 for the season.

Unlike with DirectTV, though, fans will be able to buy NFL Sunday Ticket without subscribing to YouTubeTV. They can purchase it directly from YouTube Primetime Channels for $449 per season.

Thankfully, in our market there was really only one game where they didn't have KC playing last season. Back in the day when we didn't have Patrick, we'd be lucky to see 5 games per season. The fact we're a perennial winner and we have the most exciting and dominating player in the NFL has changed things for the better. When they aren't on local or cable, I'll catch limited live action on RedZone. Screw the Ticket. 

3 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

this is why i have IPTV

What is this IPTV you speak of? How is the picture quality? I once tried Sling (internet based programming) and the picture quality SUCKED even with high speed Xfinity cable. 

Had the NFLST from around 1999 - 2013. Thought it was expensive then and dumped DirecTV altogether. If I can't get the game locally I tune in to SiriusXM and listen to Mitch. I do projects, clean the house, wash the car, etc. and enjoy the game just as much as if I were watching. I catch the highlights on youtube afterward.

I found that I enjoy that as much as sitting on my butt for 3 1/2 hours. Screw DirecTV.

4 hours ago, mex said:

What is this IPTV you speak of? How is the picture quality? I once tried Sling (internet based programming) and the picture quality SUCKED even with high speed Xfinity cable. 

Jail broke firestick, cost for the stick is around 40 bucks. I them use tobigotv for every channel I want. You can get an ap for VPN, but this does not need it. Tibigotv was like 90 bucks. I did get a VPN ap for 90 too that I use for a few cinematv ap where I can watch movies that are at times still in the theater. Get all movie channels, sports, pay per view like ufc etc off the tobigotv which is an iptv app. 

Quality is great but it can be behind on games at times. I have a good internet connection so I don't mind being s minute behind.

I'm going the same route I did last year. If KC wasn't a prime time game or on in my area, then I'll wait until later in the day and watch the replay on NFL+. Just have to make sure to stay off the interwebs while the game is live. 

On 4/12/2023 at 12:22 AM, kkuenn said:

Jail broke firestick, cost for the stick is around 40 bucks. I them use tobigotv for every channel I want. You can get an ap for VPN, but this does not need it. Tibigotv was like 90 bucks. I did get a VPN ap for 90 too that I use for a few cinematv ap where I can watch movies that are at times still in the theater. Get all movie channels, sports, pay per view like ufc etc off the tobigotv which is an iptv app. 

Quality is great but it can be behind on games at times. I have a good internet connection so I don't mind being s minute behind.

i just got my internet cost cut from $115 down to $60 per month by using the ACP (affordable connectivity program) qualified because i paid into VGLI (Vets group life insurance) and i pay $106 every three months for my IPTV with 2 connections which i use one and my son uses the other at his house. I have a VPN as well.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i just got my internet cost cut from $115 down to $60 per month by using the ACP (affordable connectivity program) qualified because i paid into VGLI (Vets group life insurance) and i pay $106 every three months for my IPTV with 2 connections which i use one and my son uses the other at his house. I have a VPN as well.

Ouch 106 every 3 months? You can get that for a year easily. What iptv do you use?