Crow's 2023 "What I Want" Mock

kccrow

10 hours ago, xen said:

Hell I think you can get a day 2 talent on day 3 in Carter Warren.  I think he drops from the injury. 

There's some really intriguing tackles on day 3 as well like Jake Witt, who just murdered the testing.

Agreed.  Assuming KC really believes their guy can make the switch to the left side (and I think they do) and assuming they think Niang can play, I'm not sure tackle as much a priority as fans think.  If an obvious upgrade falls in their lap, sure.  DLine and another playmaker for the receiver room seem like bigger priorities.

Witt is from my alma mater. I wouldn't put too much jizz in that bucket just yet. He's really quite raw at the position but athletic as hell. NMU isn't a great football school either. I see him as a PS coach up in year one with a shot to make the roster in year 2. Maybe he'll surprise me but I'm not going to get too excited, he's got a giant hill to climb. 

8 minutes ago, kccrow said:

Witt is from my alma mater. I wouldn't put too much jizz in that bucket just yet. He's really quite raw at the position but athletic as hell. NMU isn't a great football school either. I see him as a PS coach up in year one with a shot to make the roster in year 2. Maybe he'll surprise me but I'm not going to get too excited, he's got a giant hill to climb. 

Well yeah that's why he's likely a late day 3 or priority FA.

But you can teach a guy how to play.  You can't teach a guy to be athletic.

Every guy like that is a longshot but every once in a while you uncover a Jordan Mailata.  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.