Between free agency and the draft, we have had a lot to talk about.  But there is something that needs to be said once more about Mahomes, himself.  The way he played through a painful high ankle sprain and played with his usual greatness with that injury to bring a Lombardi home for the Kingdom still makes my jaw drop and needs to be acknowledged again.  Who plays on a high ankle sprain AT ALL, let alone on that level? Only one earthling, Patrick Mahomes.  Even though we are all amazed at how great he his, his other qualities don't get enough mention. We are only a few months removed from witnessing something almost unimaginable.  Remember when he came back to play only a couple of games after a dislocated patella a few years ago?  His sheer toughness, determination, will to win, resistance to pain, and ability to play while hobbled is almost otherworldly.  I just have to shake my head and pick my jaw up off the floor thinking about what he did to win another world championship. How the hell did we get to be the team to get this guy as our QB? What planet is he from, actually?  He must be some kind of alien life form in disguise. He must have been designed by some mad scientist.  And he's ours.

Now, back to hashing over mortal human beings we might draft or acquire in other ways.  Carry on.

57 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Between free agency and the draft, we have had a lot to talk about.  But there is something that needs to be said once more about Mahomes, himself.  The way he played through a painful high ankle sprain and played with his usual greatness with that injury to bring a Lombardi home for the Kingdom still makes my jaw drop and needs to be acknowledged again.  Who plays on a high ankle sprain AT ALL, let alone on that level? Only one earthling, Patrick Mahomes.  Even though we are all amazed at how great he his, his other qualities don't get enough mention. We are only a few months removed from witnessing something almost unimaginable.  Remember when he came back to play only a couple of games after a dislocated patella a few years ago?  His sheer toughness, determination, will to win, resistance to pain, and ability to play while hobbled is almost otherworldly.  I just have to shake my head and pick my jaw up off the floor thinking about what he did to win another world championship. How the hell did we get to be the team to get this guy as our QB? What planet is he from, actually?  He must be some kind of alien life form in disguise. He must have been designed by some mad scientist.  And he's ours.

Now, back to hashing over mortal human beings we might draft or acquire in other ways.  Carry on.

Yet, Mahomes and the Chiefs still get overlooked by most experts as behind Bills and Cincy.  I love it and we know Mahomes loves it.  

1 hour ago, mex said:

I have yet to talk to an Eagles fan that doesn’t give the Chiefs and Mahomes credit for the superbowl.  I know there are a lot out there who wouldn’t but from my experience they generally accepted the game results.  

I have yet to meet a Bills fan or Bengals fan that doesn’t make an excuse for Burrows or Allen.  Why is it that we have experts like Coherd that can be fair while we have to listen to dipshits like Slipbasless…errr Bayless that would crown Tebow if he had the chance?

2 hours ago, West said:

My recommendation is to turn off the TV if you see Skip Bayless....He is an OLD Bay Area Raider Guy.....he sucks ass.

w

I laughed out loud at his argument w Merril Hodge regarding Manziel.  Skip whiffed on his prediction big time w that one.  For someone who was never a true athlete he sure talks down to actual players like he knows more.  

Media relies on attention and attention comes from controversy.  No one would listen to someone repeating that Mahomes and Reid are the best combo in the NFL.  Folks already know that.  Announcing that the better and newer team has arrived on the scene is much more interesting and once every few years the talking head hits it right.  Then they can crow about how well informed they were and go on to the next guess.  Hard to brag about picking the Chiefs as contenders.  

Holmes, the media has been disrespecting KC for many decades....They are just taking a newer approach.

Did you all watch the Andy Reid, Nick Bolton & Patrick Mahomes live presser yesterday?

Damn we are lucky fans....

w