6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I see the Chiefs trading up  to between 20-25 for who I have no idea but if you listened to Veach's Presser  it seemed to me that he will be calling all teams in the 20's to see their heads at doing due diligence. I truly do not see them trading back 

I don't see him trading back, either. He might have if the draft wasn't in KC.

44 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

I don't see him trading back, either. He might have if the draft wasn't in KC.

I thought his talking about draft day trades during the press conference was really interesting.  How they knew what chart the other teams use for value and how they have conversations prior to the draft with all the teams in the range they are interested in.  

22 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I thought his talking about draft day trades during the press conference was really interesting.  How they knew what chart the other teams use for value and how they have conversations prior to the draft with all the teams in the range they are interested in.  

Yep. Teams trying to guess who the Chiefs are targeting gets them to talking with teams to stay ahead of the Chiefs pick. I'd guess LT, Edge or WR.

All the talk about this guy going here or that guy going there is just talking heads or agents filling all the free time before the draft. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

I don't like the idea of giving up major draft capital to move up but wouldn't be surprised during a draft in KC. May be we are putting it too much emphasis but Hunt could make some splash to get people hyped.

"Hmmmm, all the winning and championships don't seem to have the peoples hyped enough.  This trade up 4 spots in the first ought to do the trick!"

- Clark Hunt (probably)

Chiefs Wire

Chiefs already laying groundwork for trading up in first round of 2023 NFL draft

Kansas City Chiefs are already calling around ahead of the 2023 NFL draft to attempt to find a way to move up in the first round according to a new report.

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer broke down team-by-team needs and pick predictions with sourced information in his recent edition of the MMQB. He said that the Chiefs are, “one of the few teams that has already made calls about moving up.” He added that the teams that Kansas City has spoken to feel they’re trying to find a “discounted way” to get up the board. What that exactly means remains to be seen. Perhaps they’re gauging interest in adding a player to a trade package? Maybe they’re simply looking for a bargain and a team who might take less in trade than expected.

He mentioned two particular targets in a trade-up. One of those is Boston College WR Zay Flowers and the other is Alabama RB Jahmyr Gibbs. The information on Flowers seems to lean heavily on his recent throwing session with Mahomes. The information on Gibbs sounds more like it’s speculation on his fit coming from sources outside the team’s building.

“I wouldn’t want to be in the AFC West,” an NFC exec told Breer. “if Gibbs winds up in Kansas City.”

It shouldn’t come as a massive surprise that K.C. has already begun doing their homework on making a trade-up in the first round of the 2023 NFL draft. Chiefs GM Brett Veach explained that all possibilities are on the table during his pre-draft media availability. He also gave a very descript play-by-play of when and how they go about laying the groundwork for a first-round trade.

7 minutes ago, xen said:

All the blood you'll see on TV will be my head exploding if we trade up in the first for a RB.

Honestly, I don't care who they get. If a DE falls like Van Ness, Smith etc I would prefer that. I do think we go OT later as it seems they like Niang. Now an offensive weapon would be sweet in any round imo. If they go RB, great. One that is compared to JC and if he lives up to it....even better. 

Hopkins may be a guy we go after the draft is over with and it is their plan. We can still add TE too. Imagine a Gibbs, Hopkins, a good TE for this year. Developmental OT type and a RT/G later too in that injured USC guy. DT/DE is still high in my list though and I think one does fall to late teens/early 20s for us. If we move up to grab one, awesome.

Maybe we stand pat in the first, grab our guy and move up in the 2nd for Gibbs. I think he will be there early 2nd round for us. If they want him though, I think he would be there at our 31st pick.  So, we may stay and grab a DE, DT or WR type if they don't want Hopkins. Then trade up in 2nd to get Gibbs? Would that be more preferable?

14 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I wouldn't wish an exploding head on anyone but if it's xen and it means trading up to get (Bijan), I could live with it. 

I'd help the Chiefs do it if it meant that!  I should start a go fundme for donations to the Chiefs to trade up and draft a RB.

50 minutes ago, xen said:

All the blood you'll see on TV will be my head exploding if we trade up in the first for a RB.

When you have a mediocre team, draft BPA.

When you have a great team, plug holes. 

LT, Edge, S, WR, CB, DL, TE (not necessarily in that order)

Get McKinnon and Dunlap back in the red and gold.