• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is a great player, but he may not be essential for this team to continue to improve.

The "depth" Dorsey has brought in has indicated that there may be a better place to spend that $$$$.

w

gonna have to disagree with the "great" assessment. Cant be great on the sidelines  only thing he can be on the sidelines is over paid.

gonna have to disagree with the "great" assessment. Cant be great on the sidelines  only thing he can be on the sidelines is over paid.

Cuz his "whole career" has been spent there.  Yes Ron Parker is "just as good", because he got a pick versus a team likely to be drafting top 5.

What do u have against Berry?  

I dont have anything personal against him Mongo. He'd be a great addition to the team at a cheaper price and or IF he could stay healthy. Unfortunately he is neither cheap nor dependable. the $$ spent on him as well as others could be better spent IMO.The Chiefs IMO do not have the luxury of paying his salary for his return in performance.

I'm not the only one on here that has that opinion so it is not as if I have some lone grudge against him.

Thing with berry and the chiefs.  They have not missed a beat without him and I don't see him as a dominant player that his salary will demand at this point.  The rookie salary setup of the draft that final year is the problem here.  If he came in under the new rookie salary rules this would more than likely not be a problem.

I could see him as being expendable and like others have said it's more important keeping houston and hali together than making sure berry is signed.

Haven't missed a beat. I will remind you this team is only 4-3. Is Ron Parker as good a player as Eric Berry? Maybe, just maybe the Chiefs would be even better if EB were playing.

You don't have to remind me, I know where the team sits. The big problem here is where will his second contract/extension end up? It will more than likely be inflated based on his big rookie deal. Which is the issue I have. Course this is assuming that will be the case, and Dorsey can't get a good deal done.

Maybe they would be better with johnson and devito or brandon flowers, any of the O-linemen they let walk.? Hell there are alot of players stepping in right now and are playing pretty solid ball at a reduced pay rate. Which to me, is exactly where you would want an organization. Makes for a well rounded team who can compete year in and out without having a bunch of inflated contracts. Bowe being the exception. :D

If they can get Berry extended at a fair price, great. But again I see that rookie deal is the big issue, cause of where the numbers may have to be when they shouldn't. Which is why I think he could be expendable.

The Big contract award should go to Houston.

Haven't missed a beat. I will remind you this team is only 4-3. Is Ron Parker as good a player as Eric Berry? Maybe, just maybe the Chiefs would be even better if EB were playing.

We would. Berry, Parker, and Abdullah can all play at the same time ;)

Before we start throwing Berry under the bus remember this is the St Louis Rams we are talking about.   Berry is a very good tackler and when we come up against a true running team,  his value cannot be dismissed so easily.   May not be a great cover guy but he is solid.    We will need him in two weeks when the Chiefs face a steady dose of Marshawn Lynch.

I don't understand this myth that EB cannot stay healthy.  He missed one entire season and now this.  That's it.

dude you need to take your Berry colored glass's off. I did the math for you. me has missed 28 now 29 of 71 games  That is not just a game here or there.

Before we start throwing Berry under the bus remember this is the St Louis Rams we are talking about. Berry is a very good tackler and when we come up against a true running team, his value cannot be dismissed so easily. May not be a great cover guy but he is solid. We will need him in two weeks when the Chiefs face a steady dose of Marshawn Lynch.

The defense is solid. Berry or no berry. Lunch is overrated. He isn't running through wide open holes now.

dude you need to take your Berry colored glass's off. I did the math for you. me has missed 28 now 29 of 71 games  That is not just a game here or there.

No, you better check your math or your sources or whatever.  Eric Berry has missed 20 games due to injury.  15 games one year, 5 this year.  That's it.  He's played in 50 of 70 games.  Like half of the team, he sat out week 17 last season.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericberry/496723/profile

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/player/gamelogs/2012/1255016

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13252/eric-berry

yep your math is right.My mind said 28% but I wrote 28 games. Regardless the Song Remains the Same that is 28% of his games that he has missed... that aint good.

That's skewed by a missed season on a 5 year career.  Jamaal missed a season once too.

I will remind you that you predicted them to have fewer wins at this point *with* Eric Berry.

I know you're not talking about me, but I had losses to Denver and New England with us winning against either San Francisco or San Diego (I officially gave us a better chance against San Diego). So for me, we are exactly where we should be. And that is saying something after losing to the Titans.

Berry is expendable. Why pay someone as much as Berry, that is not listed as a LB, to basically play LB.

Berry has proven throughout his career that he is a liability in coverage.

If they can restructure his contract to a cap friendly number, then I think that would work, but if not cut/trade him and draft another safety for half the price.

Archived