which running back are the chiefs gonna draft and where

So we dont wanna talk about our running backs until after the draft, who we got our eyes on. 

Something tells me we have our eyes on somebody and that somebody is a running back. 

It could all be smokescreens its the week before the draft. 

What you all think?

By popular demand, here are my thoughts: The entire NFL and the fanbase are down on drafting RBs in the 1st now including just about everyone in here. But Veach is different. As I mentioned before, Veach has said he will wait till after the draft to address CEH and McKinnon. If he was planning on drafting some run-of-the-mill RB in the 5th-7th, I think he would have brought in either CEH or McKinnon by now. Also Veach is not happy that he wasted a 1st on CEH and wants to make amends. Bijan is considered the best RB since Saquan was on the board. We've all wondered what it would have been like to have JC play with Mahomes, here's our chance. Veach will take it. I'm not saying to move into the top 10 to get him but if he's there mid to late teens, get him. Now if I am correct, you can all star a GoFundMe for an all-expense trip to KC to watch Mahomes hand off and fling wheel routes to Bijan. If I'm wrong, you guys can start a GoFundMe to go watch our Chiefs in KC but I will cover my meals. Sweet deal for all involved. 

7 hours ago, azchief21 said:

By popular demand, here are my thoughts: The entire NFL and the fanbase are down on drafting RBs in the 1st now including just about everyone in here. But Veach is different. As I mentioned before, Veach has said he will wait till after the draft to address CEH and McKinnon. If he was planning on drafting some run-of-the-mill RB in the 5th-7th, I think he would have brought in either CEH or McKinnon by now. Also Veach is not happy that he wasted a 1st on CEH and wants to make amends. Bijan is considered the best RB since Saquan was on the board. We've all wondered what it would have been like to have JC play with Mahomes, here's our chance. Veach will take it. I'm not saying to move into the top 10 to get him but if he's there mid to late teens, get him. Now if I am correct, you can all star a GoFundMe for an all-expense trip to KC to watch Mahomes hand off and fling wheel routes to Bijan. If I'm wrong, you guys can start a GoFundMe to go watch our Chiefs in KC but I will cover my meals. Sweet deal for all involved. 

1) Veach doesn't need to bring in CEH.  He is already on the team.

2) Bijan will be drafted by Philly at 10.

I look for ceh to be traded for a 5th or 6th this weekend. They are waiting on mckinnon to tell them what he wants to do. Their is an offer on the table to mckinnon, if some other team blows him away with a deal he will leave, if not he will be back. These are the facts.

i expect the chiefs to use a mid late round pick on a back to compliment pachecho and hopefully a returning mckinnon

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

1) Veach doesn't need to bring in CEH.  He is already on the team.

2) Bijan will be drafted by Philly at 10.

3) Bijou Peepoo is NOT Jamaal Charles (mid 4.4's is not 4.3's)

4)  He's not even Saquon, who's 15 lbs heavier and faster.

34 minutes ago, xen said:

5) Taking the ball out of Mahomes hand, unless it's situational football, is always a horrible idea, i don't give a shit who your running back is.

We whine about not having a running game every year. Mahomes will thrive with a threat like Bijan. Imagine defenses legitimately fearing the run. 

6) Drafting Bijou Peepoo is a great idea, assuming you hate winning superbowls.

I'd like to win them more handily. See above. 

22 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

5) Taking the ball out of Mahomes hand, unless it's situational football, is always a horrible idea, i don't give a shit who your running back is.

We whine about not having a running game every year. Mahomes will thrive with a threat like Bijan. Imagine defenses legitimately fearing the run. 

6) Drafting Bijou Peepoo is a great idea, assuming you hate winning superbowls.

I'd like to win them more handily. See above. 

What's this "we" shit?  You got a mouse in your pocket?

We run it plenty.

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

probably right but I dont think it'd be hard to visualize him being a training camp cut

whooo boy a first round pick getting cut in TC... someone will pick him up no doubt. He's a solid RB.  Just hope he doesn't stay in the AFCW.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

probably right but I dont think it'd be hard to visualize him being a training camp cut

If he's not traded, I expect him to be kept for depth this next year. He's not a world beater, but can be useful, especially still on his rookie deal. RB injuries are common every year. I see no issues with having him inactive until/unless we need him (ala Jones last year).

Count me in on the exploding head if we draft a RB early.

The Kansas City Chiefs have plenty of current and future positions of need that make sense to address in the 2023 NFL Draft, and the running back spot is one of them. While many expect general manager Brett Veach to roll the dice on a halfback on Day Two or Day Three of the draft, there's been a bit of recent buzz surrounding an early-round player entering the mix.

In Albert Breer's annual NFL Draft week column on Sports Illustrated, he provides the latest team- and league-specific tidbits he's heard leading up to one of the biggest events of the NFL offseason. As far as the Chiefs are concerned, Breer reports that Kansas City has been making calls around the league regarding trading up in the first round. In addition to Boston College wideout Zay Flowers being name-dropped, Breer says another name has been floated as a possible trade-up candidate — Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs:

The Chiefs are one of the few teams that has already made calls about moving up. And while teams that have talked to them feel like, at least for now, Kansas City is seeing if it can find a discounted way to go up the board, Brett Veach and his crew aren’t doing it for nothing. Targets? I’ve heard Flowers connected to the Chiefs. (He worked out with Patrick Mahomes in Texas last week.)

The other name was Gibbs. Now, Andy Reid’s taken one running back in the first round in 24 drafts as a head coach and that one (Clyde Edwards-Helaire) hasn’t really worked out. Still, listening to other talk about Gibbs’s fit with Mahomes and Reid can be convincing. “I wouldn’t want to be in the AFC West,” said one NFC exec, “if Gibbs winds up in Kansas City.” If the Chiefs stay put, Tennessee WR Jalin Hyatt and Michigan’s massive DT Mazi Smith are two more to watch.

It's important to note that a certain player's fit with the Chiefs being appealing (or scary) to others doesn't indicate interest on behalf of the team itself. An NFC executive endorsing that possible pick may not jive with how Veach feels about Gibbs, let alone Kansas City's other prospects at or near pick No. 31. That element is still up in the air despite Breer's reporting

A trade-up in the first round would be a rather aggressive move by Veach and company, but they're just one year removed from executing a jump up the board for Trent McDuffie. Veach is known for his willingness to patch up holes via high-profile trades, and the Chiefs moving up to get "their guy" isn't out of the question. Could that be Gibbs? Absolutely, although the emergence of Isiah Pacheco as a rookie could render that chance to being a slim one. Gibbs's combination of patience and pass-catching chops could give Andy Reid something new to work with in the backfield, but don't expect it to come to fruition on Thursday night.

Let's get something straight here. Teams ALWAYS look at ways to move up. Always. They'll also have plans in place to move down if the player board shuffles differently than planned. 

Nobody ever knows how the selections will go down. Teams are not real cooperative in letting other teams know their plans. Veach/Andy have their board. They know who they want and they know who they like. They'll plan for every contingency.

If a player they really want but don't have high hopes for getting drops further than anticipated, then they'll absolutely look at trading up.

If the players they want get selected earlier, and there aren't really any guys they're interested in at 31, then they'll trade back if possible.

They'll likely have a dozen contingencies or more, depending on how the board shuffles.

Said it before and will say it again, I'd love to be in that room during the draft... to see it play out.