which running back are the chiefs gonna draft and where

I am hearing people talking that the Chiefs may be considering Jamyr Gibbs in the first round.   This kid is being compared to Jamar Charles.  Looking at his tape,  it is a fair comparison.  He hits the hole and he is gone.  The kid also led Alabama in receiving..  What did Alabama in this year was the fact that they finally ran out of all world receivers.    Gibbs is special and in my opinion ,  I would not be that upset if the Chiefs took him,  although they may have to move up in the draft to get him.  To be honest with you,  I would rather have the Chiefs take Gibbs,  than seeing the Chargers, Bills, or Bengals get him.  This kid is going to be a problem.  Any Reid did use Jamal Charles and he used him well.  This is a perfect fit.  He has the speed and quickness that Clyde severely lacks.    Looking at the numbers ,  gibbs is slightly shorter than Charles,  but is faster and quicker and a better receiver.    He is just not a prototypical running back like Robinson,  who is 225 lb.    Imagin having a guy like Gibbs in a light box,  or imagine what our passing offiense does if we have 8-9 in the box.   Either way,  that equals death to everyone.  This pick would be the Doomsday Scenerio to the rest of the NFL.   

15 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

I am hearing people talking that the Chiefs may be considering Jamyr Gibbs in the first round.   This kid is being compared to Jamar Charles.  Looking at his tape,  it is a fair comparison.  He hits the hole and he is gone.  The kid also led Alabama in receiving..  What did Alabama in this year was the fact that they finally ran out of all world receivers.    Gibbs is special and in my opinion ,  I would not be that upset if the Chiefs took him,  although they may have to move up in the draft to get him.  To be honest with you,  I would rather have the Chiefs take Gibbs,  than seeing the Chargers, Bills, or Bengals get him.  This kid is going to be a problem.  Any Reid did use Jamal Charles and he used him well.  This is a perfect fit.  He has the speed and quickness that Clyde severely lacks.    Looking at the numbers ,  gibbs is slightly shorter than Charles,  but is faster and quicker and a better receiver.    He is just not a prototypical running back like Robinson,  who is 225 lb.    Imagin having a guy like Gibbs in a light box,  or imagine what our passing offiense does if we have 8-9 in the box.   Either way,  that equals death to everyone.  This pick would be the Doomsday Scenerio to the rest of the NFL.   

I know Gibbs ran a 4.36 and Jamaal's best was a 4.38 but Jamaal appeared to be faster imo.  I'm a big Gibbs fan and an even bigger Bama fan and he is super fast but JC seemed to get to top speed faster.  Maybe he didn't get the same opportunities in the offense to show off that super speed as much but when you watch the highlights of both there seems to be a difference between the two if ever so small. Maybe that is just me but watch both of their highlights.   JC is a good comp though and he would be a weapon in our O but I just can't see the positional value if drafted in the first.  Mainly because Mahomes doesn't like to check it down enough to the RB to make that worthy of a first and we don't run the ball enough.   

Tbh I get that Gibbs is a really good prospect but if we really want a RB high I think we'd be better served by taking Devon Achane on day 2.  Really good hands and the speed is on another level than even Gibbs.  The only thing missing is the pass pro but who gives a fuck with his speed.

Hell I'd be tempted to convert Achane to receiver.  He's just terrifying in the open field.

10 minutes ago, xen said:

Tbh I get that Gibbs is a really good prospect but if we really want a RB high I think we'd be better served by taking Devon Achane on day 2.  Really good hands and the speed is on another level than even Gibbs.  The only thing missing is the pass pro but who gives a fuck with his speed.

Hell I'd be tempted to convert Achane to receiver.  He's just terrifying in the open field.

I like Gibbs a lot but taking a RB in round one just isn't good positional value and considering we have a 7th rounder producing at an acceptable level it seems redundant to use another first on that position, especially when we have big future needs at OT/DE/WR.  All positions of high positional importance and value.   

I would love adding some more speed to this roster though.  The more guys that can take a short pass the distance the better.

20 minutes ago, xen said:

I would be ok with Achane on Day 2.  

A RB in round 1 would upset me.

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I know Gibbs ran a 4.36 and Jamaal's best was a 4.38 but Jamaal appeared to be faster imo.  I'm a big Gibbs fan and an even bigger Bama fan and he is super fast but JC seemed to get to top speed faster.  Maybe he didn't get the same opportunities in the offense to show off that super speed as much but when you watch the highlights of both there seems to be a difference between the two if ever so small. Maybe that is just me but watch both of their highlights.   JC is a good comp though and he would be a weapon in our O but I just can't see the positional value if drafted in the first.  Mainly because Mahomes doesn't like to check it down enough to the RB to make that worthy of a first and we don't run the ball enough.   

Just watched a bunch of Gibbs Highlights and 100% agree with you

Chiefs Wire

K-State RB Deuce Vaughn details two-hour meeting with Chiefs at local pro day

Chiefs GM Brett Veach has experienced great success in the draft hitting on players that made immediate impacts in their rookie years. A player Veach brought in for the local pro day was Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn, who detailed his meeting with members of the franchise in a recent interview with John Kurtz of the KC Sports Network.

“There have been (talks with the Chiefs). I actually got to go out to the local pro day, as well,” said Vaughn. “(I) worked out with the running back coach (Todd Pinkston) and worked out with the special teams’ coordinator (Dave Toub). (I) felt like I did really good, and I was able to go upstairs and talk with (Chiefs offensive coordinator) Matt Nagy and talk with the running back coach and even speak to Andy Reid (for) a little bit. Just get to learn about their offense and pretty much portray myself and my football knowledge to them as well.”

Vaughn (5-foot-5 and 179 pounds) ranked eighth in the FBS with 1,558 rushing yards averaging 5.3 yards per attempt last season. He led the FBS with 1,936 all-purpose yards and finished 2022 scoring nine touchdowns. Vaughn earned First-Team All-American honors and Second-Team All-Big 12 Conference accolades.

“So I was up in that their film room, I was up in their office for about two hours after that workout,” Vaughn continued. “And then just the football prowess and the knowledge that they have is not only Andy Reid but Matt Nagy as well and the running back coach. Well, it was huge to even be up in there and talking about football with them. I mean, they’re geniuses on that side. You can see why they want a couple of Super Bowls and why they’re gonna win a lot for years to come.”

The Chiefs are uncertain about their running back depth, with question marks surrounding Clyde Edward-Helaire. Jerick Mckinnon’s future with the team is also in question as he remains unsigned. Isiah Pacheco, last year’s seventh-round draft pick, is expected to continue as the starter, but depth will be needed and considered during the course of the 2023 NFL draft.

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Even the original Nolen Smith, "Super Gnat", was bigger than Vaughn.  Not sure how long Vaughn would last.  

Vaughn (5-foot-5 and 179 pounds)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitNo00.htm

Noland Smith         

Noland Smith Jr.  (Super Gnat)

Position: WR

5-5, 154lb

37 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs might consider Rochon Johnson in the fourth if they keep both picks in that round.  Add him to the current RB group and trade CEH when McKinnon resigns.  A RB before that round keeps the team from filling their more urgent needs.  

There's a few on day 3 I like.  Eric Gray from OK.  Deuce is interesting.  Tyjae Spears.  Chase Brown.   Hunter Luepke I really like at FB and as a big short yardage back.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Vaughn (5-foot-5 and 179 pounds)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitNo00.htm

Noland Smith         

Noland Smith Jr.  (Super Gnat)

Position: WR

5-5, 154lb

Oops, didn't realize Vaughn was that heavy.  Noland Smith was listed at 5' 6" when he was playing IIRC.  Could be wrong about that, too.  I think Nolen Smith played for about three years but don't recall what ended his career.  I do remember him being clotheslined by some ST defender and Smith going down like he was shot.  

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Oops, didn't realize Vaughn was that heavy.  Noland Smith was listed at 5' 6" when he was playing IIRC.  Could be wrong about that, too.  I think Nolen Smith played for about three years but don't recall what ended his career.  I do remember him being clotheslined by some ST defender and Smith going down like he was shot.  

probably his size and those cloth line tackles but this is fairly impressive for those 3 years

Punt returns (yards): 63 (635)
Kick returns (yards): 82 (2,137)
Touchdowns: 2