Semo's Round 1

SEMO

1 - Carolina - Bryce Young QB Alabama

Size concerns, but there is no question of the talent on the field.

2 - Houston - Will Anderson EDGE Alabama

They would like to trade out.  They should stay put and take a QB, but there are so many holes they take the BPA in the draft and build DeMeco's D.

3 - Indianapolis from Arizona - CJ Stroud QB Ohio St

Indy moves up a spot for a 3 and a 5 to assure that they get the QB they want.

4 - Arizona from Indianapolis - Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon

Arizona takes the best height, weight, speed corner in the draft to fix their abysmal secondary.

5 - Seattle - Jalen Carter DT Georgia

Seattle stays at 5 and get who many had as the BPA in this draft.  The off field stuff makes it risky, but if he can keep his nose clean, it could be the draft's best pick.

6 - Detroit - Anthony Richardson QB Florida

Goff has two years left on his contract.  It gives Richardson time to adjust to the pro game.  

7 - Las Vegas -  Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois 

They could go QB here, but will stick with Jimmy G and add a corner to try to slow MVPat down.

8 - Atlanta - Tyree Wilson EDGE Texas Tech

The blue chip corners are gone.  Wilson falls some and the birds are happy to get him.

9 - Chicago - Paris Johnson OT Ohio St

They have to give Fields more time.  

10 - Philadelphia - Bijan Robinson RB Texas

This pick makes more sense now that they have made Hurts the league's highest paid QB.  Add skill players through the draft, since they can't pay big in FA for them.

11 - Tennessee - Will Levis QB Kentucky

The Titans are about ready to blow things up.  Levis is a good piece to start with.

12 - Houston - Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio St

A receiver finally goes off of the board.  Houston gets the most polished pass catcher in the draft.

13 - Green Bay from New York Jets - Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

A safety blanket for Love.

14 - New England - Nolan Smith EDGE Georgia

A prototypical Belichick player.  Smith is a tweener that is dangerous from the first and second level.  

15 - New York Jets from Green Bay - Broderick Jones OT Georgia

16 - Washington -  Lukas Van Ness EDGE Iowa

They would like a corner, but will add to a potent Dline in an attempt to slow down Philly's dominant offense.

17 - Pittsburgh - Joey Porter, Jr CB Penn St

They take a legacy player to try and stop Burrow, Jackson, and the perv in Cleveland.

18 - Detroit - Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame

They need to replace Hockenson.  Mayer gives more firepower to a suddenly competitive Lions team.

19 - Tampa Bay - Myles Murphy EDGE Clemson

20 - Jacksonville from Seattle - Peter Skoronski OT/OG Northwestern

They trade up for Taylor's replacement.  He could move to LT after next season, as Robinson is probably gone.

21 - Miami - forfeited

22 - Los Angeles Chargers -  Quentin Johnston WR TCU

Williams and Allen are both aging and have expiring contracts within the next couple of years.

23 - Baltimore -  Jordan Addison WR USC

They add another receiver that Jackson won't be able to get the ball to.

24 - Minnesota - Bryan Bresee DT Clemson

This could be a receiver.  They have jack shit outside of Jefferson.  But, they have to add talent to the Dline.

25 - Seattle from Jacksonville - Brian Branch S Alabama

Seattle goes BPA on their board to beef up the secondary.

26 - Kansas City from New York Giants - Zay Flowers WR Boston College

So, yeah.  KC moves up for a receiver.  They send 32, 123, and 252 to NYG and  add another Flowers to the Kingdom.  Zay is another quick twitch wideout that has a good release and easily creates separation.  Can play outside or in the slot.

27 - Dallas - Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh

They shoot for the Aaron Donald comparison.  Can he live up to it, lol.

28 - Buffalo - Derick Hall EDGE Auburn

They give all of the money to Von and he can't finish the season.  They add a speedy rusher to the already young rotation.

29 - Cincinnati - Cam Smith CB South Carolina

Apple is gone and they need some competition behind Hilton.

30 - New Orleans - Keion White EDGE Georgia Tech

White is a physical freak that is an upgrade to the Saints line.

31 - Philadelphia - Kelee Ringo CB Georgia

After the luxury pick of Bijan, they add to the secondary that Mahomes beat like they stole something.

32 - New York Giants from Kansas City - John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota

They upgrade the center postition.

We should start a coalition pool on Pick #1.  :lol: 

As much as I like Flowers... I'd be really surprised if they gave up draft capital to move up for another.

With the addition of James, we now have a pretty solid WR room and a serviceable bench... arguably better than last year.

MVS

Toney

James

Moore

Watson

Practice squad - Kemp, Ealy, Edwards, Smith-Marsette, Powell

53 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I don’t like moving up for Flowers when we can draft Rakim Jarrett in round 4. Very similar players. 

if we move up it needs to be for OT or DE. 

Broderick jones or if Murphy falls

The difference with Jarrett is he does not provide the same level of play or separation down the field.   The fact that Zay can take the top off also means NFL DBs can't sit on his routes.  I also don't think he's on the same level of separation in the short amd intermediate routes as Flowers.  

Kind of similar players on the surface though.

Of course I'd rather have Iosivas or Trey Palmer around where Jarrett will go.

I disagree on the urgency for a tackle.  I don’t think Veach/Reid are as concerned about RT as fans are.  FFS, they were fine with Wylie there for the last two years.  Niang, Kinnard, Prince, and a mid round pick will compete for the position.

Veach gave himself a lot of freedom with some great FA signings so far.  There is no glaring need, plus extra picks to use to move around.  He can go get a guy like Flowers, or even Addison (who I may like better) and add another freakish receiver to the fold.  Flowers ain’t Tyreek.  No one is.  But, he is more “Tyreekish” than anyone else on the roster.  Skyy is a volume, possession type, and Toney has the short are quickness but not deep speed.  Flowers has all of it.  Release package, separation, short area quickness, and deep speed.  He is built thick also, so will be durable.

I love the kid and hope they go up for him.

4 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I disagree on the urgency for a tackle.  I don’t think Veach/Reid are as concerned about RT as fans are.  FFS, they were fine with Wylie there for the last two years.  Niang, Kinnard, Prince, and a mid round pick will compete for the position.

Veach gave himself a lot of freedom with some great FA signings so far.  There is no glaring need, plus extra picks to use to move around.  He can go get a guy like Flowers, or even Addison (who I may like better) and add another freakish receiver to the fold.  Flowers ain’t Tyreek.  No one is.  But, he is more “Tyreekish” than anyone else on the roster.  Skyy is a volume, possession type, and Toney has the short are quickness but not deep speed.  Flowers has all of it.  Release package, separation, short area quickness, and deep speed.  He is built thick also, so will be durable.

I'm with ya seems.  Plus as we've said, there are good tackles throughout this draft. 

Hell you may be able to get Carter Warren on day 3 due to the meniscus tear and he's a starter, not a developmental tackle.  He would have been late rd 1 or rd 2 if not for being injured.

I still think he could go on day 2 though depending on the medicals.

47 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I disagree on the urgency for a tackle.  I don’t think Veach/Reid are as concerned about RT as fans are.

I disagree on the urgency for a WR. I don't think Veach/Reid are as concerned about WR as the fans are.

I don't want them to draft a RT. I would prefer someone with a lot of experience at LT, but that's just me.

the Chiefs explosive pass offense of 2022:

10.8% of attempts gained 20+ yds more explosive than 2021 or 2020 or 2019 DESPITE the fact that they dropped their avg target depth massively:

2022: 7.2 air yds/att

2021: 7.4 air yds/att

2020: 8.1 air yds/att

2019: 8.5 air yds/att

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I’m actually with you on the RT. I think we need to see it Niang is healthy and what progress Kinnard has made. Only the coaches really know. But I have hope for the both of them

1 hour ago, xen said:

I'm with ya seems.  Plus as we've said, there are good tackles throughout this draft. 

Hell you may be able to get Carter Warren on day 3 due to the meniscus tear and he's a starter, not a developmental tackle.  He would have been late rd 1 or rd 2 if not for being injured.

I still think he could go on day 2 though depending on the medicals.

I agree Carter can be a day 3 option. If also put Ojukwu out of Boise state and Bostick out of Kansas in that group

3 hours ago, xen said:

The difference with Jarrett is he does not provide the same level of play or separation down the field.   The fact that Zay can take the top off also means NFL DBs can't sit on his routes.  I also don't think he's on the same level of separation in the short amd intermediate routes as Flowers.  

Kind of similar players on the surface though.

Of course I'd rather have Iosivas or Trey Palmer around where Jarrett will go.

I agree. Flowers is at a higher level that’s why he is being talked first round. But I think Jarrett can develop and in the 4th round that’s what you get. A guy that needs some more development

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree Carter can be a day 3 option. If also put Ojukwu out of Boise state and Bostick out of Kansas in that group

Those other two guys I see as developmental only prospects and maybe backups only even then.  I do not see them contributing like Warren.

15 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree. Flowers is at a higher level that’s why he is being talked first round. But I think Jarrett can develop and in the 4th round that’s what you get. A guy that needs some more development

Works for me

Truth is none of us "knows" what direction the Chiefs are gonna go. Fans often project their own personal preferences and biases into their predictions. Makes for interesting debate. I can't imagine the Chiefs trading draft capital and moving up to get a WR. But that's me. 

7 hours ago, mex said:

I disagree on the urgency for a WR. I don't think Veach/Reid are as concerned about WR as the fans are.

I don't want them to draft a RT. I would prefer someone with a lot of experience at LT, but that's just me.

the Chiefs explosive pass offense of 2022:

10.8% of attempts gained 20+ yds more explosive than 2021 or 2020 or 2019 DESPITE the fact that they dropped their avg target depth massively:

2022: 7.2 air yds/att

2021: 7.4 air yds/att

2020: 8.1 air yds/att

2019: 8.5 air yds/att

I am fine if they go tackle.  In the end, I just want whoever they feel improves the team.  EDGE, WR, OT, etc.  Hell, maybe they can even finally get a competent QB in here. 

In Veach I trust. 

I feel confident the Chiefs are going to move up in round one. Unfortunately, to get a guy like Broderick Jones, they probably will need to move up fairly high.....looking at that #18 spot with the Lions who are reportedly interested in trading out of that spot. It all depends on wether or not they have zeroed in on a guy or just comfortable letting their board play out 

5 hours ago, dhitter said:

I feel confident the Chiefs are going to move up in round one. Unfortunately, to get a guy like Broderick Jones, they probably will need to move up fairly high.....looking at that #18 spot with the Lions who are reportedly interested in trading out of that spot. It all depends on wether or not they have zeroed in on a guy or just comfortable letting their board play out 

We can assume the Chiefs have had discussions with every team about what it would take to move up.  These things don't start when a team is on the clock.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

We can assume the Chiefs have had discussions with every team about what it would take to move up.  These things don't start when a team is on the clock.

Veach said he did in his presser.  I don't think we trade up nearly that high even if we do trade up.  Something similar to last year maybe.  More likely whatever we can get for the extra 4th

1 hour ago, xen said:

Veach said he did in his presser.  I don't think we trade up nearly that high even if we do trade up.  Something similar to last year maybe.  More likely whatever we can get for the extra 4th

What I took away from Veach's presser was this:

They might move up, they might stay pat, they could conceivably move down. I think that about covers it 😝

It all depends on who they want and how it starts shaking out. As soon as someone in front of them makes an unexpected move, everything will shuffle. Hopefully that unexpected move leaves an extra player at a position of need which increases the chances we'll get who we want. 

3 hours ago, xen said:

That extra fourth should be worth about four spaces in the first round and I doubt BUFF or CINN are dealing with KC.  It's also possible that they could use that fourth to move up in the second if they stay put in the first.  Might be a way to get a better DE or Tillman.