Draft Pool - Get on record

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

I would like a couple big fat dudes.

B Jones if he's there in the 20s, trade up.

D Jones if Harrison isn't there at 31.

Maxi is a bfd.

Yep... Smith is doable, but we'd need to trade up. Not sure any starting tackles will be around after giving up that kinda draft capital on Smith. That is, if you're talking about Nolan which I think you are.

If they go OT first, I'd love B Jones but I don't think he'll be anywhere near 31. Wouldn't mind seeing D Jones at 31... but only if Harrison is gone. IMO there are at least 7 rookie starters this year, only 3 of which expected to go before the Chiefs at 31. I think the below order is how they'll fall, so I still like Harrison without having to trade up. 

P Johnson

P Skoronski

B Jones

A Harrison

D Jones

D Wright

C Mauch

5 minutes ago, xen said:

This would be a home run.

I'd be amazed if they took him at 31 or traded up.  Losing Reek in 2022 proved Mahomes can perform beautifully with mid-level FAs and mid level draftees. 

We need OT depth, and this is a good year for OTs.  Yeah we're all projecting our wishes... but the actions of Veach/Reid this year tell a story about how they look at WRs.

Then again, what do I know... they took CEH at #1 with Reek on the roster. They gonna take whomever they're enamored with.

10 hours ago, mex said:

I'd be amazed if they took him at 31 or traded up.  Losing Reek in 2022 proved Mahomes can perform beautifully with mid-level FAs and mid level draftees. 

We need OT depth, and this is a good year for OTs.  Yeah we're all projecting our wishes... but the actions of Veach/Reid this year tell a story about how they look at WRs.

Then again, what do I know... they took CEH at #1 with Reek on the roster. They gonna take whomever they're enamored with.

We can be a lot better and games don't have to be that close.  What I'd like to see is for us to add the explosive element back in but now you're doing it with a more mature Mahomes who is fully capable of taking what they give him when they sell out to stop it.

Once we went up against the tougher defenses the yac was harder to come by and it led to closer games than we should want.  That's not gonna change. Not to mention the fact that, while fans don't want to recognize it, juju was doing just enough dirty work to force teams to get off kelce.

Add some explosion back and another reliable big man and watch the scorched earth.

16 minutes ago, xen said:

What can be a lot better snd games dont have to be that close.  What I'd like to see is for us to add the explosive element back in but now you're doing it with a more mature Mahomes who is fully capable of taking what they give him when they sell out to stop it.

Once we went up against the tougher defenses the yac was harder to come by and it led to closer games than we should want.  That's not gonna change. Not to mention the fact that, while fans don't want to recognize it, juju was doing just enough dirty work to force teams to get off kelce.

Add some explosion back and another reliable big man and watch the scorched earth.

Agree.  Mahomes matured a lot last season and the kid still isn’t in his prime.  A weapon like Flowers could reveal the true alien that he is.  

i would be fine moving up for Johnston, Flowers, or Addison.  In that order.  Though, I think Flowers fits Andy’s scheme the best.  JSN is probably out of reach.  If there is a run on corners, edges, and OTs, we may have one of them fall to 31 and not have to move up anyway.

27 minutes ago, xen said:

What can be a lot better snd games dont have to be that close.  What I'd like to see is for us to add the explosive element back in but now you're doing it with a more mature Mahomes who is fully capable of taking what they give him when they sell out to stop it.

With a first round OT, the Chiefs could have a top O-line for the next few years.  With another small quick WR, Mahomes would have another target after the new guy grows into Andy's system.  So which makes the better offense?  A Mahomes with extra time or a Mahomes with another target?  Throw in the injury prevention factor, and I've come down on the OT side.  Maybe it's a mute point if Niang plays to his promise.  Maybe it's another chip block and pray if he gets hurt.  I just believe the Chiefs can find another WR without reaching in the first round. (Tillman, Mingo, Perry, etc.) Don't expect most to agree.  

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

With a first round OT, the Chiefs could have a top O-line for the next few years.  With another small quick WR, Mahomes would have another target after the new guy grows into Andy's system.  So which makes the better offense?  A Mahomes with extra time or a Mahomes with another target?  Throw in the injury prevention factor, and I've come down on the OT side.  Maybe it's a mute point if Niang plays to his promise.  Maybe it's another chip block and pray if he gets hurt.  I just believe the Chiefs can find another WR without reaching in the first round. (Tillman, Mingo, Perry, etc.) Don't expect most to agree.  

It's not a choice between "another target" or a good line.  It's another elite target that can beat any coverage.  You have to have multiple guys that can do that to dictate what the defense can do.

Plus there's nothing stopping you from drafting a tackle.  There is much less difference between the top tackles and the 2nd tier than with zay and the 2nd tier.

Everybody all hot and bothered over Broderick Jones but let's face facts, he will need significant development as a pass protector.  Jawjuhs offense did help his development there.  The types of long developing deep plays Andy loves he will struggle with.  

Listen I'm fine either way.  Hell just get a good player but patching together a receiver corps every year is not helping mahomes.  Get him some guys he can grow with.

3 hours ago, xen said:

It's not a choice between "another target" or a good line.  It's another elite target that can beat any coverage.  You have to have multiple guys that can do that to dictate what the defense can do.

Plus there's nothing stopping you from drafting a tackle.  There is much less difference between the top tackles and the 2nd tier than with zay and the 2nd tier.

Everybody all hot and bothered over Broderick Jones but let's face facts, he will need significant development as a pass protector.  Jawjuhs offense did help his development there.  The types of long developing deep plays Andy loves he will struggle with.  

Listen I'm fine either way.  Hell just get a good player but patching together a receiver corps every year is not helping mahomes.  Get him some guys he can grow with.

Not sure I agree. No target was more elite than Tyreek yet neither he nor kelce could get open vs TB in the SB. 

Why? Because Patrick was running for his fucking life. 

Give Patrick time, and he’ll dice up a defense. Can’t have a strong vertical game when your QB is horizontal. 

1 hour ago, mex said:

Not sure I agree. No target was more elite than Tyreek yet neither he nor kelce could get open vs TB in the SB. 

Why? Because Patrick was running for his fucking life. 

Give Patrick time, and he’ll dice up a defense. Can’t have a strong vertical game when your QB is horizontal. 

The SB against TB the line was nothing but backups though.  Even with a solid line the offense stalled at times that year cause teams learned how to take Tyreek and Kelce away and there was nobody behind them that could do anything.  The offense didn't stall though because of the line. 

The way it stands now though no matter who they add a rookie LT n Taylor on the right or a rookie RT and Taylor on the left or even with Taylor on the left n Niang on the left that's probably a top 10 with 3/5s of it being at the very least top 3.  Not sure we have another position group we can say the same about

Beauty of this draft is they have a ton of flexibility.  Whether they go tackle WR or WR then tackle or even edge then DL or edge tackle or even even TE in the first its going to be fun to watch and see what they do and ill be good with whomever take.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

All reasonable points, but the fact is that Mahomes and the patched up WR group racked up the top offense last season.  This WR group is already on a par with last seasons'.  Add a Tillman or Mingo and the WRs seem more than just patched up.  Flowers isn't the next Randy Moss or Jamar Chase.  I doubt he would even be considered a first round quality most years.  If the Chiefs draft him, I'll hope he contributes long term.  But I don't see him as the difference between the 30 points/game of the current team and some higher powered offense that overwhelms other good teams.  Give Mahomes protection without having to use TEs in line and they'll score plenty.