Draft Pool - Get on record

3 hours ago, xen said:

If a QB falls to our spot though all bets are off.

if we take a QB on day 1 or 2 there will be a smashed flat-screen TV and likely boot-sized holes in my LR sheetrock.

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It would have to be a real premium pick to give up enough to move that far, and probably involve some 2024 picks.  With only one or two WRs with first round grades and a shot at an OT probably as late as 25, there's very few prospects worth the drastic move up.  Maybe Jones at OT.  Who else?  The Chiefs have extra picks and not much room for rookies on the team, but the extra picks are all day three and not enough to move far in the first round.  

Oh, I have no idea what I’m talking about. Just making conversation. 

50 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Oh, I have no idea what I’m talking about. Just making conversation. 

Not ragging on you, but just wish those who advocate for moving up more than ten spaces in the first round would also state what draft picks they think it would take to get there.  Easy so say, "He's worth it, just move up and grab him."  Not so easy to give up the draft capital.  

58 minutes ago, mex said:

if we take a QB on day 1 or 2 there will be a smashed flat-screen TV and likely boot-sized holes in my LR sheetrock.

He's not talking about taking a QB.  It that some other team wanting a QB might make a trade good for the Chiefs in order to get fifth season control over their new QB.  But you already knew that.  

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

First choice, Wright.  Second choice, Harrison assuming the higher rated OTs are long gone.  I don't prioritize TE as much as some in spite of generally being more a long term thinker.  They still have time to groom Kelce's replacement. The Chiefs are peaked now.  They can win now.  Protecting Mahomes and giving him time is job #1.  The Chiefs can fill the WR room on day two or through post draft FAs.  They can resign Dunlap or even Clark to play with Karlaftis, Omenihu, and Dana.  They do need some help at DT and I'd expect one by the fourth round. 

There's a good chance Wright is gone, maybe even Harrison. 

Guess they could draft Washington and help block and 2nd TE all in one.    He's by far the best blocking TE.

Sorry, I just don't subscribe to the: "Imagine if we gave our offense YET ANOTHER great weapon! We'll score so many points it won't matter!" line of reasoning.

I remember the Vermeil years where we scored virtually every fucking time we touched the ball. We had a great OL, one of the best in history, a powerful passing attack, and a ground game second to none. We also had a good QB... but not a great one.

In the playoffs, it always came down to who had the ball last. Remember Indy in the playoffs? Whoever had the ball last.

Well, that's kinda like NOW.

Both the AFCCG and SB came down to last possession. The difference is, now we win those games.  Why?

Patrick Mahomes.

Therefore, keeping him vertical is job #1.

End of discussion.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

He's not talking about taking a QB.  It that some other team wanting a QB might make a trade good for the Chiefs in order to get fifth season control over their new QB.  But you already knew that.  

AH. I thought xen might have come down with Chris Collinsworth disease.

6 minutes ago, mex said:

Sorry, I just don't subscribe to the: "Imagine if we gave our offense YET ANOTHER great weapon! We'll score so many points it won't matter!" line of reasoning.

I remember the Vermeil years where we scored virtually every fucking time we touched the ball. We had a great OL, one of the best in history, a powerful passing attack, and a ground game second to none. We also had a good QB... but not a great one.

In the playoffs, it always came down to who had the ball last. Remember Indy in the playoffs? Whoever had the ball last.

Both the AFCCG and SB came down to last possession. The difference is, now we win those games.  Why?

Patrick Mahomes.

End of discussion.

In most drafts since the 1970s I would have been ecstatic if the Chiefs drafted defense on every pick. 

This year, with memories of Pat limping around the playoffs and SB, my concern is LT. I would be glad to see Taylor kept at RT and KC trading up, almost no matter the cost, to grab Johnson or Jones.

I know it won’t happen, but it would make my day. 

13 minutes ago, mex said:

Patrick Mahomes.

End of discussion.

We have one of the best LB and CB groups in the league and they are all young. We have arguably the best DT in Jones. Karlaftis came on and will be much improved. Cook will be better than Thornhill. We could use a DE but this is NOTHING like that D you are comparing it to. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

There's a good chance Wright is gone, maybe even Harrison. 

Guess they could draft Washington and help block and 2nd TE all in one.    He's by far the best blocking TE.

That guy is a bull.

51 minutes ago, mex said:

Patrick Mahomes.

End of discussion.

Just imagine then if we had a top 10 defense where we could stop the other team from scoring......

59 minutes ago, mex said:

Patrick Mahomes.

End of discussion.

We already addressed half the problem and you don't have to use a first to get a good right tackle.  

Y'all offensive tackle or bust folks need to calm your tits.

1 minute ago, xen said:

We already addressed half the problem and you don't have to use a first to get a good right tackle.  

Calm your own tits, xennifer lopez.

I want to see Patrick protected with a solid OL for the next 5 years. That's not being radical... it's being sensible.

I just don't happen to care for the way we've tried to plug in RTs on the left and 'do the best with what we have.'  We have a few solid young guys on the OL and it won't take much to top it off.

Last year, and the year before, that plug 'n play' model didn't quite work out for us. This year it did... but we still had 75% of this board bitching about wylie and OBJ. Now they're gone.

I want to see them use this opportunity to draft a solid, long term solution. 

18 minutes ago, xen said:

Shoe horning a solid RT into the LT spot and elevating a back up, who couldn’t beat out Wylie, to RT just because you have no one better is no way to build an OLine for the future. 

Paying the price now for a premier LT will help to keep The Franchise healthy for the next decade. 

15 minutes ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

Shoe horning a solid RT into the LT spot and elevating a back up, who couldn’t beat out Wylie, to RT just because you have no one better is no way to build an OLine for the future. 

Paying the price now for a premier LT will help to keep The Franchise healthy for the next decade. 

He was starting over Wylie before he got hurt.

I think y'all are dreaming.  And even if we do draft a tackle you're likely still looking at a right tackle where we can get so you're still starting a RT at LT.  We don't have the ammo to get to the first round LTs.  Giving up the 2 first rounders it would take would be crazy.

If a guy drops in our trade up range sure but I think that's not super likely. 

19 minutes ago, xen said:

He was starting over Wylie before he got hurt.

I think y'all are dreaming.  And even if we do draft a tackle you're likely still looking at a right tackle where we can get so you're still starting a RT at LT.  We don't have the ammo to get to the first round LTs.  Giving up the 2 first rounders it would take would be crazy.

If a guy drops in our trade up range sure but I think that's not super likely. 

Yes. I AM dreaming. 

I know full well we'll be watching #15 running for his life on about 1/3 of next season's passing plays. Again. 

But, that's "problem" of winning the SB. The pick of the litter is always taken by the time it's your turn to pick.