Lighter DE?

I've noticed we've been looking at or talking to a lot of light Defensive Ends in this draft.  Nolan Smith, Will McDonald, Jose Ramirez, B.J. Thompson, to name a few.

Thoughts on Spags looking at quicker, more bendy ends?

Reminder that our biggest rival is now gonna charge their QB protection to OBJ who massively struggles against fast, bendy ends. 

Smokescreen or real?

56 minutes ago, xen said:

I've noticed we've been looking at or talking to a lot of light Defensive Ends in this draft.  Nolan Smith, Will McDonald, Jose Ramirez, B.J. Thompson, to name a few.

Thoughts on Spags looking at quicker, more bendy ends?

Reminder that our biggest rival is now gonna charge their QB protection to OBJ who massively struggles against fast, bendy ends. 

Smokescreen or real?

plausible

That's why I like Adebawore... he's not real long, but has long arms and is quick... ran a sub 4.5 at the combine.

He doesn't have a lot of experience and is raw... but he's got exactly those tools.

2 hours ago, mex said:

That's why I like Adebawore... he's not real long, but has long arms and is quick... ran a sub 4.5 at the combine.

He doesn't have a lot of experience and is raw... but he's got exactly those tools.

The worry would be that he's a workout warrior.  That athleticism sure did not show much on the field.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:27 PM, xen said:

I definitely liked watching Will McDonald better than Nolan Smith.  Has more length and uses it.  Ironically not as good vs rush as Smith.  

Said it before but the team seems to use or going to both a 34 and 43 looks. A lighter option could allow is to shuffle as needed. Just a thought. 

21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Said it before but the team seems to use or going to both a 34 and 43 looks. A lighter option could allow is to shuffle as needed. Just a thought. 

Could be but usually when we give a 34 look it's a 43 under, which can look similar 

Would be nice to have a guy capable of winning quickly from the edge from time to time.   We all know Spags likes his beefcakes on the edge but how many times do we have to see CJ crushing a pocket only for a DE not able to win 1vs1 to clean it up.    Definitely take a DE high in this draft though and probably one later as well.  Draft em until you hit on a couple.

Wonder if we are interested in Sweat or Young?  Young seems like a typical Veach get.  Uber talented first round pick that hasn't quite fare well to this point.  Would love to see what Cullen could do with him.

56 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Would be nice to have a guy capable of winning quickly from the edge from time to time.   We all know Spags likes his beefcakes on the edge but how many times do we have to see CJ crushing a pocket only for a DE not able to win 1vs1 to clean it up.    Definitely take a DE high in this draft though and probably one later as well.  Draft em until you hit on a couple.

Wonder if we are interested in Sweat or Young?  Young seems like a typical Veach get.  Uber talented first round pick that hasn't quite fare well to this point.  Would love to see what Cullen could do with him.

If he can stay healthy.  That's been the problem more than anything with Young 

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Would anyone be disappointed if the Chiefs moved to get Felix?  Not sure he's worth #31, but if the dream picks are gone, I'd like him in red on Sundays.  KSU moved him around a lot but he seemed best at DE.  

I'd rather trade back a bit if that's the pick but if that's not possible I'd still like the pick.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My second choice wasn't a RB from Texas in case you were wondering.  🙂

Would you feel better if the pick was Roshon Johnson in the fourth or fifth?

My first choice was an RB from Texas but only from about 17,18 on. Nothing sooner. I'm hoping this 1st round DE will work out. 

On 4/25/2023 at 12:30 PM, oldtimer said:

my biggest concern is that QBs are getting bigger and smallish DEs could be at a disadvantage at times. 

in Veach/Spags I trust

That’s why you go for the knees or ankles, definitely not to injure, but make them think about it.  

I’m so sick of Josh Allen already due to the stupid now family connection.  He can be mentally fragile from time to time and I can tell you the pressure to win is building.  

I'm still not sure if big running QBs are the future. QBs need to evolve throughout their careers... just like Brady did... stay on top of their game and physical conditioning. Learn to work with what the defenses are giving you and don't carry the team on your legs... that shit won't last in the NFL.  Unless they change the rules to minimize hits on QBs even more than currently. That said, I'm old school. I believe in protecting the QB behind the LOS, but if they are advancing the ball via running, they become a RB and fair game. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

That’s why you go for the knees or ankles, definitely not to injure, but make them think about it.  

I’m so sick of Josh Allen already due to the stupid now family connection.  He can be mentally fragile from time to time and I can tell you the pressure to win is building.  

you really got it in for ol Josh and pretty rich girls dont cha? poke GIF by bjorn jus tezn