Semo's Final Chiefs 2023 Mock

SEMO

1(26) - from NYG - Zay Flowers WR Boston College

32, 122, and 250 to NYG for 26.

Dynamic pass catcher, elite speed, sudden in his routes, can take the top off of defenses.  Undersized, but thick build.  Versatile, tough.

2(63) - Keeanu Benton DT Wisonsin

Run stuffing nose.  Has a strong anchor, holds up double teams, immovable.  Developing pass rush moves.  7.34 3-cone.  He's everything Nnadi is not.

3(95) - Wayna Morris OT Oklahoma

Good athlete.  He has the length that KC likes.  Solid RT competition.

4(134) - DJ Johnson EDGE Oregon

Some off field stuff.  One of KCs top 30.  Elite size and speed for the position.  Raw, still developing.  Good rotational EDGE.

5(166) - Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati

Athletic TE, subpar blocker, needs development.

6(197) - Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia

3rd down back.  Receiving threat out of the backfield, currently lacks vision and pass pro to be an every down back.

6(217) - Arquon Bush CB/S Cincinnati

Cincy has been a DB factory lately.  Bush is position versatile.  Can play outside, nickel, or safety.  Not a world beater and will make his money on special teams and versatility.

7(249) - Jadon Haselwood WR Arkansas

Talented, blue chip prospect coming out of high school.  Has never put it all together.  Destined for ps.

I'd be mildly upset if Flowers was the guy. I just don't see much upside there. He's the same dude to me as Skyy Moore with worse hands.

Benton is one of my favorites in this class overall. I'd seriously (personally) consider him at 31. 

I think Wanya Morris in 3 is a round too early, easily. I wouldn't be surprised after learning about some of his academic issues, that he might not slip a bit more than we think. 

I think Josh Whyle in the 5th is being overzealous. I'd reckon 4th round cap on him. I like him a lot myself. He might lack a bit in the blocking department but teams that need more of a move TE will want him earlier IMO. 

I don't much like DJ Johnson as a player but I can be sold if he's a late 4th. 

Overall I don't hate it. There are a couple of guys in there I'd be thrilled to get. 

1 hour ago, kccrow said:

I'd be mildly upset if Flowers was the guy. I just don't see much upside there. He's the same dude to me as Skyy Moore with worse hands.

Benton is one of my favorites in this class overall. I'd seriously (personally) consider him at 31. 

I think Wanya Morris in 3 is a round too early, easily. I wouldn't be surprised after learning about some of his academic issues, that he might not slip a bit more than we think. 

I think Josh Whyle in the 5th is being overzealous. I'd reckon 4th round cap on him. I like him a lot myself. He might lack a bit in the blocking department but teams that need more of a move TE will want him earlier IMO. 

I don't much like DJ Johnson as a player but I can be sold if he's a late 4th. 

Overall I don't hate it. There are a couple of guys in there I'd be thrilled to get. 

I don't know enough about his skillz to say, but he's going high. We won't have a chance at him I don't think... unless we trade up. And if we trade up for a WR my head will explode.