2023 NFL draft thread

With many of the teams that need a wr in the draft taking one in the first does this open up the possibility for us to trade for Dhop?  

The fact we were in on AJ Brown last year after letting Hill walk makes me think the their might be some truth to the rumors.  

Got our DE in the first now get a DT and OT in the next 2 rounds and then trade a 4th for DHop? 

I like the pick and hoped the Chiefs could trade up for him in the second.  He's not a first rounder but with the way the board fell, it's okay.  Didn't see much celebrating in the Chiefs war room.  Now they need to settle for competition for Niang and move up for Mingo in the second.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I like the pick and hoped the Chiefs could trade up for him in the second.  He's not a first rounder but with the way the board fell, it's okay.  Didn't see much celebrating in the Chiefs war room.  Now they need to settle for competition for Niang and move up for Mingo in the second.  

I noticed that too Jetlord.   With Clark announcing the pick there was no way they were trading that pick even though they should have.   I've always been a big Clark Hunt defender but is there any truth to the rumors he is being cheap?  The conditions of the stadium in the report.  Reports the team was under a strict cash cap.   Maybe none of that is true.  

IMO the board went from being very advantageous to being worse case scenario.  The one nice thing about getting FAU in the first is we have that 5th year option on a premium position.   

Still a lot of draft to go and FAU was one of the best options at where we drafted. 

Lets go Chiefs!

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I noticed that too Jetlord.   With Clark announcing the pick there was no way they were trading that pick even though they should have.   I've always been a big Clark Hunt defender but is there any truth to the rumors he is being cheap?  The conditions of the stadium in the report.  Reports the team was under a strict cash cap.   Maybe none of that is true.  

IMO the board went from being very advantageous to being worse case scenario.  The one nice thing about getting FAU in the first is we have that 5th year option on a premium position.   

Still a lot of draft to go and FAU was one of the best options at where we drafted. 

Lets go Chiefs!

I don't see Clark Hunt as being cheap.  The team is up against the cap every year and they seem to keep good coaches and staff.  Arrowhead is old but Jackson County is responsible for it and getting it upgraded about 13 years ago was a struggle. 

FAU played HS ball in our town and my SIL went to KSU so we've followed him for several years.  If his skills translate to the NFL, he's not a wasted pick.   As you said, he was probably the best option at an area of need.