2023 NFL draft thread

Overview
Morris is an athletic pass-setter with a strong inside hand but lacks a desired level of core strength to effectively push back against rush bullies. He’s very average at getting to positioning for back-side cut-off blocks in the run game and struggles to stay connected to sustain blocks due to inconsistent hand placement and drive strength in his lower half. His physical profile and experience starting at both tackle spots should give him a leg up in a camp battle for a swing tackle role.
Strengths
  • Former five-star prospect with NFL-caliber traits.
  • Pass slides are controlled and gain necessary depth.
  • Lands quick, stiff inside hand for early punch points.
  • Very smooth and athletic redirecting feet to catch inside counters.
  • Works hip to hip on his double teams.
  • Accurate radar finding targets as pull blocker.
  • Decent acceleration fitting his run blocks.
Weaknesses
  • Struggles with pad level and angles in making cut-off blocks.
  • Needs to lower his aim and landing zone for hand placement.
  • Gets knocked backward by opponents with firm hands.
  • Headbutts replace knee bend into contact when pulling in space.
  • One-and-done pass punch could use more snatch-and-secure.
  • Rarely keeps back flat and chin tucked through the pass rep.

Just now, mex said:

Liking this draft

I am too, mex.  I don't think any of the picks are super sexy picks but all are good players with good potential and fill big needs for us.  I trust Cullen and Heck to develop  FAU and Morris.   The jury is still out on our ability to develop wr's, but I believe they can.   Still a lot of talented players on the board.  Only other major need at this point seems to be DT.  

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I am too, mex.  I don't think any of the picks are super sexy picks but all are good players with good potential and fill big needs for us.  I trust Cullen and Heck to develop  FAU and Morris.   The jury is still out on our ability to develop wr's, but I believe they can.   Still a lot of talented players on the board.  Only other major need at this point seems to be DT.  

Good picks so far as the Chiefs filled their three top needs.  Still have to address DT and maybe Ojomo in the fourth will do it.  Only criticism is trading up for Rice instead of waiting for Tillman or maybe Rice later but Veach must have had information that Rice was about to go and that was their top choice of remaining WRs.  In Veach we trust.  Tomorrow:  DT, TE, RB, and DB.  

4 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The draft isn’t sexy in the same way the 2021 draft wasn’t sexy. That draft worked out well. Here is hoping this one does too.

Good comparison.  Early day two quality pick from area school with the potential to light it up.  

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Good picks so far as the Chiefs filled their three top needs.  Still have to address DT and maybe Ojomo in the fourth will do it.  Only criticism is trading up for Rice instead of waiting for Tillman or maybe Rice later but Veach must have had information that Rice was about to go and that was their top choice of remaining WRs.  In Veach we trust.  Tomorrow:  DT, TE, RB, and DB.  

Chiefs obviously preferred Rice over Tillman as both were available. The trade value was basically a wash so to guarantee getting the target? Got no problem with it.