2023 NFL draft thread

Just now, kkuenn said:

Well they gave up a 5th next year for a 4th this year. I like that. Give up all out 5ths for 4ths now lol.

It’s strange that they didn’t want to give up this year’s 5th.  There must still be several guys they like.

7 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

Connor played Safety for VT.  This fucker blocked an extra point against Syracuse which was brought back for a score.  I watched every SU game this year, and I remember that play.  The kid is quick!  I like this pick!

He also played corner. But definitely plays more like a safety

either way he will be a big special teams player

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree. Especially trading up for him. But I guess they have big thoughts on him

Who knows but we have a guy in a 1 year deal and young depth after that at S. If a guy needs a year to learn this system and can contribute on ST as he does so, nothing wrong with that. Need to look at the long game here.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I am fine if they bring in a developmental guy today.

long as it doesn't cost too much, as we have other needs

I mean we have a few years before we need to start worrying about finding his replacement. More than a few, likely.

Stephen F. Austin

Pre-Draft Analysis

Thompson is a lean edge defender with outstanding initial quickness, length and closing speed. He has a high ceiling as a pass-rusher. He has the range and length to compete in underneath coverage. Thompson has the long arms to keep blockers off his frame, but he needs to get stronger and play with better pad level. -- Steve Muench