Day Two Wish List

Keeanu Benton is my #1 target in round 2.  If they need to trade up some, so be it.  The Dline will be complete if they can get a NT that can actually excel at what a NT is supposed to be.  And Benton is an immovable force.

If they can't get Benton, Rashee Rice or Jaelyn Duncan would be round 2 targets.

Wayna Morris in the 3rd is a good developmental tackle.  Tre Tucker is another receiver in the mold of Flowers that could be good from the slot.  I would also love Daiyan Henley.  Tranquill and Gay are probably gone after next season and Henley would fill the WIL nicely.

6 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Keeanu Benton is my #1 target in round 2.  If they need to trade up some, so be it.  The Dline will be complete if they can get a NT that can actually excel at what a NT is supposed to be.  And Benton is an immovable force.

If they can't get Benton, Rashee Rice or Jaelyn Duncan would be round 2 targets.

Wayna Morris in the 3rd is a good developmental tackle.  Tre Tucker is another receiver in the mold of Flowers that could be good from the slot.  I would also love Daiyan Henley.  Tranquill and Gay are probably gone after next season and Henley would fill the WIL nicely.

Ex Wrestler ='s Curly Culp but this review makes me wonder "Benton is however limited athletically, is neither quick nor fast and sometimes looks a little lumbering in his movement and his lateral movement is just average." https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Keeanu-Benton-NT-Wisconsin

but it's just an opinion but a consistent opinion from my limited reading

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ex Wrestler ='s Curly Culp but this review makes me wonder "Benton is however limited athletically, is neither quick nor fast and sometimes looks a little lumbering in his movement and his lateral movement is just average." https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Keeanu-Benton-NT-Wisconsin

but it's just an opinion but a consistent opinion from my limited reading

His job is to plug running lanes and take on double teams.  To keep the linebackers clean.  

He's has some explosive traits to his game.  He can shoot a gap on passing downs and sometimes get home.  He is no 3-tech obviously.  But, he has quick hands and doesn't get blown off of the ball like Nnadi.  He takes up space and double teams are not moving him.  High floor, high ceiling guy, as he is still developing and could eventually be a three down lineman.

Yesterday I was hoping for a starting OT that would make the Chiefs' line elite.  Since that didn't happen, the priority for a tackle has gone down to getting competition for Niang at RT and/or swing tackle.  Probably a third round pick with upside.  Round two is a good place to target WR.  Tillman, Mingo, and Perry are my preferences in that order.  Tillman is probably out of reach, but a fourth could move the Chiefs up to get Mingo in the second.  The guy from Neb. and the one from Stanford could also add to the WR room.  Next priority is DT.  Jones and Wharton just aren't enough.  Omenihu might move inside some when Dana or Felix are in, but help is needed.  Not sure who would be available at #63 or #95 but Ojomo could be an early day three pick.  

Wish list:  WR in round two and TE or S in round three unless a stud DT pops up.  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yesterday I was hoping for a starting OT that would make the Chiefs' line elite.  Since that didn't happen, the priority for a tackle has gone down to getting competition for Niang at RT and/or swing tackle.  Probably a third round pick with upside.  Round two is a good place to target WR.  Tillman, Mingo, and Perry are my preferences in that order.  Tillman is probably out of reach, but a fourth could move the Chiefs up to get Mingo in the second.  The guy from Neb. and the one from Stanford could also add to the WR room.  Next priority is DT.  Jones and Wharton just aren't enough.  Omenihu might move inside some when Dana or Felix are in, but help is needed.  Not sure who would be available at #63 or #95 but Ojomo could be an early day three pick.  

Wish list:  WR in round two and TE or S in round three unless a stud DT pops up.  

WR there are so many I'd be happy with and upgrade our receiver room.  Same with TE.

I expect some good tackles to go on day 2.

Still would like Benton or Ika maybe in round 2 or 3.  May have to trade up.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

His job is to plug running lanes and take on double teams.  To keep the linebackers clean.  

He's has some explosive traits to his game.  He can shoot a gap on passing downs and sometimes get home.  He is no 3-tech obviously.  But, he has quick hands and doesn't get blown off of the ball like Nnadi.  He takes up space and double teams are not moving him.  High floor, high ceiling guy, as he is still developing and could eventually be a three down lineman.

I mean if we are serious about teams not being able to run right into the middle of our defense and gash us anymore...wouldn't Ika fit? Seems like him at nose and Omenihu on the edge vs the run would have us light years ahead of Nnadi and Clark. 

We know Omenihu is gonna reduce inside on passing downs anyway, so couldn't we just draft him as a straight 2 down run stuffer?

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Tillman would be great no doubt but there are others I think we'd all be happy with.  

Are you referring to that Ivy League guy that has a name I can't pronounce?  🙂

Any idea why Ika has fallen?  At one time he was ranked higher. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

maybe this answers  your question?

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY

Siaki Ika is a huge classic prototypical nose tackle possessing all the size and strength you hope to see in the position. He is a serious space-eater and requires double teams to control his bull rush, and since his transfer to Baylor has been a very productive dominating player in the middle of the line. He however has never displayed elite tackling ability and was billed as an impressive athlete with surprising quickness for his size this size, but this didn't show during his combine workout - as he put up pretty pedestrian numbers, which may have impacted his stock.

Overall it's difficult to give Ika anything higher than the third-round grade in the 2023 NFL draft although he may be overdrafted due to the lack of quality NTs in the class.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So do the Chiefs need a monster space eater or someone more Jones like who can collapse the pocket?  

yes please reason being teams often have to play from behind  and are not  at the luxury of just running out the clock playing the Chiefs so thinking  the more pressure the better and the shortest distance is a straight line

35 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He need to lose 30 pounds.  Not that effective on pass rush, gets winded too quickly.