Day Two Wish List

22 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Still crying???

Naw. I knew it wouldn't happen. Mahomes/Andy effect. It's a draft forum. I stated what I wanted. It's over. Looking forward to another SB win. Not looking forward to the crying about the lack of a running game.  

55 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Naw. I knew it wouldn't happen. Mahomes/Andy effect. It's a draft forum. I stated what I wanted. It's over. Looking forward to another SB win. Not looking forward to the crying about the lack of a running game.  

LOL, well, I kind of like the RB we have, and hopefully we bring McKinnon back.  

2 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

LOL, well, I kind of like the RB we have, and hopefully we bring McKinnon back.  

He's OK. Not great instinct. Few moves. Doesn't help the oline by being patient and reading blocks. With his speed, 38th in the league in 20+ runs. Can run fast in a wide open field though and jumps up quickly after the play. Love his heart and effort. We'll definitely need McKinnon if we do nothing further in the draft. 

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

The crying will stop when the Chiefs draft the other Texas RB.  Hope he lasts until #134.  🙂

I've been playing with some draft sims and the Chiefs did pretty well with a few trade ups.  Benton, Mingo, and Freeland in one scenario.  Not realistic but there's lots of players out there to fill in the cracks.  

6 hours ago, Nadlers Quivering Balls said:

I'm the most draft ignorant of anyone here, so most of the guys I know were taken last night. 

Maybe that TE from ND? And a WR. A DT would be nice, plus depth at OL. 

He won't be available for us at 63. 

We need:

LT

Interior DL

S (or WR)

In this order.

5 minutes ago, mex said:

We need:

LT

Interior DL

S (or WR)

In this order.

Yeah, but the drop off in LT talent is so profound I don't see any one worth taking. 

Other than that, I concur. A solid R2 WR and safety help, with DL depth looks good to me.

7 minutes ago, mex said:

We need:

LT

Interior DL

S (or WR)

In this order.

We have LT though is their thinking.  We go DT or WR and a TE the next 2 rounds. Just my opinion but I think they go for a developmental or a later RT for depth and competition. Niang, did try LT so he could also be our back up LT which means need at RT to me.

5 hours ago, azchief21 said:

He's OK. Not great instinct. Few moves. Doesn't help the oline by being patient and reading blocks. With his speed, 38th in the league in 20+ runs. Can run fast in a wide open field though and jumps up quickly after the play. Love his heart and effort. We'll definitely need McKinnon if we do nothing further in the draft. 

All true, but he was also a rookie 7th round pick.  I'd say he has time to grow.  I hope atleast.

12 hours ago, SEMO said:

Keeanu Benton is my #1 target in round 2.  If they need to trade up some, so be it.  The Dline will be complete if they can get a NT that can actually excel at what a NT is supposed to be.  And Benton is an immovable force.

If they can't get Benton, Rashee Rice or Jaelyn Duncan would be round 2 targets.

Wayna Morris in the 3rd is a good developmental tackle.  Tre Tucker is another receiver in the mold of Flowers that could be good from the slot.  I would also love Daiyan Henley.  Tranquill and Gay are probably gone after next season and Henley would fill the WIL nicely.

Bump