I always felt Parker was better suited at S. He has tremendous speed for that position. If Parker continues to excel, Berry may be expendable. 

Parker made one play in a game versus an inferior opponent.  The throw was foolish.  You will notice RP isn't asked to do what they ask of EB.  Why?  Because he can't.

If u think the defense is good, it can only get better with EB in tow.

Parker's play has been very solid. Abdullah's play has been downright good. Eric Berry has been made expendable if the Chiefs wish. However, that doesn't mean the move does make them better. I'd really like to see Berry used in the single high role and see what happens. Either way, Berry's future in KC is no longer certain. He's just one way the Chiefs can make sure they pay Justin Houston, and I'd much rather keep Houston and Hali together than Houston and Berry.

Allright.  KC beat a patsy.  Don't get crazy, but be happy.  KC handled a bad team properly

KC has the third ranked defense in the league in terms of both yards given up per game and points per game.  That's pretty impressive no matter how mediocre you want to make the Chiefs' defense out to be.  They've played Denver, San Diego and San Fran - all on the road mind you - and held them all below their season averages in points and yards.  

This Chiefs defense may not be the best D in the league and they certainly have some holes, but they're far better than you're willing to give them credit for. 

#3 overall defense. #3 in points allowed. #1 in passing defense. Have faced manning, brady, rivers. 2 of those on the road.

All without berry, dj and devito, while playing with youngsters in the secondary.

No rushing td's allowed.

Bailey has been a revelation. Houston is on a tear.

Seriously, relax and enjoy it.

#3 overall defense. #3 in points allowed. #1 in passing defense. Have faced manning, brady, rivers. 2 of those on the road.

All without berry, dj and devito, while playing with youngsters in the secondary.

No rushing td's allowed.

They are stellar. Zero rushing td's! Zero

No rushing td's allowed.

Hmmm had no idea 0 rushing td's? Any other team, the media would be screaming this shit from mountain tops.

Allright.  KC beat a patsy.  Don't get crazy, but be happy.  KC handled a bad team properly

Well they a have also played in 6 other games and as of right now are 3rd in total yards and 3rd in scoring Defense.  They are as of right now are one of the best.

KC has the third ranked defense in the league in terms of both yards given up per game and points per game.  That's pretty impressive no matter how mediocre you want to make the Chiefs' defense out to be.  They've played Denver, San Diego and San Fran - all on the road mind you - and held them all below their season averages in points and yards.  

This Chiefs defense may not be the best D in the league and they certainly have some holes, but they're far better than you're willing to give them credit for. 

Where did I use the term mediocre?  All I said was not to get too crazy over handling the Rams.  They are a bad team.

I'll remind you that I was one of the few, if any, that said during the offseason that the defense was the better unit and that the offense needed attention.  This while others were sure this offense was in great shape due to 44 points versus Indy and the defense was suspect because of that loss.  The same people are now wondering what could be had we addressed the WR position.

I don't like being an "I told you so", but you are putting words in my mouth.  Like you, I'm excited over the play of the defense.  They handled STL long enough to allow a struggling offense get on track.

Last year it was always "Chiefs haven't beat any winning teams". Now it's, "Sure, the Chiefs have beat winning teams - but they didn't play one *last* week, so it is irrelevant.". Always moving the bar.

Who said anything was "irrelevant?"

Archived