Overall Post Draft Feeling....

3 hours ago, kccrow said:

Veach brought in an UDFA today that could have a very serious chance at making the roster at DT after all my bitchin' and moanin'.

Demarcus *** I enjoy butt stuff *** out of Indiana. Pretty solid player the past couple of seasons. 

But does he enjoy butt stuff in Missouri?

Whose name shall still not be mentioned.....

That said, while Harrison Butker misses extra points and FG's in the season...the dude makes the BIG KICKS....

I was watching replays of last years games as well as the absolutely CLASSIC Playoff wins...Butker has saved our ass more than once.

w

1 hour ago, West said:

Whose name shall still not be mentioned.....

That said, while Harrison Butker misses extra points and FG's in the season...the dude makes the BIG KICKS....

I was watching replays of last years games as well as the absolutely CLASSIC Playoff wins...Butker has saved out ass more than once.

w

He’s money under pressure

1 hour ago, xen said:

We drove to KC last week up through Kansas so pretty sure that is considered entering KC through the backdoor

You'd think KC could do something about that nasty appendage to their west.

And it's no surprise that the pundits are bagging on the Chiefs again. Latest draft article at NFL network about AFC West has this title:

AFC West draft grades: Raiders maximize value early; Super Bowl champion Chiefs amass hazy haul

When are people gonna wake up and realize that the Chiefs do things their way. They build a roster based on their perceptions....not media wants or expectations 

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

And it's no surprise that the pundits are bagging on the Chiefs again. Latest draft article at NFL network about AFC West has this title:

AFC West draft grades: Raiders maximize value early; Super Bowl champion Chiefs amass hazy haul

When are people gonna wake up and realize that the Chiefs do things their way. They build a roster based on their perceptions....not media wants or expectations 

in truth tho those 2 first picks where studs

13 hours ago, dhitter said:

Talking heads will never give the Chiefs credit for a good draft as long as they never get a top 15 pick.  Last year, they moved up for one but normally they're drafting at the end of each round so by design, they get lesser quality in the eyes of the media. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Talking heads will never give the Chiefs credit for a good draft as long as they never get a top 15 pick.  Last year, they moved up for one but normally they're drafting at the end of each round so by design, they get lesser quality in the eyes of the media. 

I just saw a stat where 20 of the 32 first round picks from the 2020 draft did not get their 5th year options from the team. Yes, a lot of that is injury related but still....that tells me the draft is such a crapshoot. Teams that can draft solid "fits", have good coaching staffs and also have a little luck along the way are gonna do well for themselves Although I still say Chiefs training staff is a big part of that luck.

15 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I just saw a stat where 20 of the 32 first round picks from the 2020 draft did not get their 5th year options from the team. Yes, a lot of that is injury related but still....that tells me the draft is such a crapshoot. Teams that can draft solid "fits", have good coaching staffs and also have a little luck along the way are gonna do well for themselves Although I still say Chiefs training staff is a big part of that luck.

from this I have to think it's more Salary Cap implications

According to OverTheCap.com, the 2020 Collective Bargaining Agreement allows for teams to exercise a fifth-year option for players drafted in the first round as an addition to the standard four-year rookie contract

Upon being exercised, the fifth-year option is fully guaranteed, and any base salary in the player’s fourth year that was not fully guaranteed will become so. The fifth-year salary is calculated based on four tiers: Basic, playtime, one Pro Bowl, multiple Pro Bowls.

So, with all that being said, below is a list of players who have already had their 5th year option picked up. Most of these players, especially quarterbacks, are due major pay days, but will be under contract for the next year regardless of contract negotiations.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

A lot of that also had to do with very limited scouting that year due to the lockdowns.

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

Remember how every pundit thought Isaiah Simmons was the next great defensive player and would transform the L.  Like you said all drafts are crapshoots.