2 hours ago, jetlord said:

So the Chiefs keep five safeties? 

S - Reid, Cook, Edwards, Connor and Bush.      5

DB - Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Najeeh/Jones/UDFA     5

LB  Bolton, Gay, Chenal, Tranquil, Cochrane - 5

DL - Jones, Nnadi, Coburn, Wharton, Cowert/Shelton/Hoskins/FA  5

DE - Omenihu, Danna, Karlaftis, FAU, Kaindoh/Herring/Thompson 5 

I'm sure I'm missing a few but they could keep 5 safeties.   That 5th Db spot will be interesting as well as that DL depth and that 5th DE.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Thompson IR'd if a vet came available or they roll with 4 DT to keep the 6th with Omenihu and Whartons versatility.   Also possible they roll with only 4 LB's with Tranquils versatility as a backup Mike and Will.  Camp should be fun on both sides! 

12 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

S - Reid, Cook, Edwards, Connor and Bush.      5

DB - Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Najeeh/Jones/UDFA     5

LB  Bolton, Gay, Chenal, Tranquil, Cochrane - 5

DL - Jones, Nnadi, Coburn, Wharton, Cowert/Shelton/Hoskins/FA  5

DE - Omenihu, Danna, Karlaftis, FAU, Kaindoh/Herring/Thompson 5 

I'm sure I'm missing a few but they could keep 5 safeties.   That 5th Db spot will be interesting as well as that DL depth and that 5th DE.  Wouldn't surprise me to see Thompson IR'd if a vet came available or they roll with 4 DT to keep the 6th with Omenihu and Whartons versatility.   Also possible they roll with only 4 LB's with Tranquils versatility as a backup Mike and Will.  Camp should be fun on both sides! 

I have a feeling we'll bring back Dunlap w/ Omenihu, Danna, Karlaftis, FAU

The Chiefs are in a tough spot at WR if Justyn Ross shows out this offseason. They aren't cutting Toney, Rice, or Moore, obviously. Scantling's contract is guaranteed for 6.5 million, Watson's salary this year is fully guaranteed, and half of Richie James' contract is fully guaranteed (550k). They would have to trade someone, cut a guy with guaranteed money, or keep 7 WRs. If they keep 7 WRs, then they are likely only keeping 2 QB, 4 RB, and 3 TEs since Reid pretty well always keeps 9 OL.

At the end of the day, I don't know what to think. If Ross does show out like I think he might, then I do think they'd just cut Watson. James will provide too much value as a slot and KR.

I don't know that Isaiah Moore or Cam Jones have the coverage chops to unseat Cochrane for that 5th LB spot so I think they hang onto Cochrane and continue to develop him and then keep at least one of the two UDFAs on the PS to take a STs slot if there is injury or to replace a slot that will be vacated next year when Tranquill and Gay are free agents. 

I think the O-Line is pretty well set right now. I think we hang onto a few guys on the PS like Carvin, Caliendo, and Barrow. Maybe one of Haynes or Henry can unseat Caliendo on the PS but I thought Caliendo looked good last offseason.

It'll be interesting to see what they do at TE. I just don't understand continuing to hang onto 4 guys there. Fortson is a nice RZ target but he can't stay healthy. Bell is a nice blocker. Hell, I'm not ruling out Bushman. He looked pretty good before he got injured and he was a really good receiving TE for BYU in college. I wouldn't be against them axing both Fortson and Bell for Bushman if he looks good again. I know people want Fortson to break out for KC but I think I'd let that ship sail.

I think Tyrick James, the UDFA from Tulane, was brought in to be the replacement at FB. I'll give him more than a passing shot to be on the 53.

I think the DB situation will be interesting. Conner was the biggest WTF draft pick I've ever seen Veach make but I don't see him being a cut. I think Nazeeh Johnson provides enough positional versatility as a nickel/safety hybrid that he sticks. I'd say Joshua Williams will also have a relatively hot seat. Nic Jones has a serious shot at the roster, though I don't think I'm handing one to him, and if they like him and Deon Bush too much, Williams didn't exactly light the world on fire last year. 

We don't know yet either what other FAs are going to be brought in. I surely hope someone is brought in to compete to knock off one of, if not both of, Nnadi and Cowart. Poona Ford and Matt Ioannidis anyone? 

So all that, here's my way too damned early call...

5 DE G. Karlaftis, C. Omenihu, F. Anudike-Uzomah, M. Danna, B. Thompson
5 DT C. Jones, D. Nnadi, T. Wharton, K. Coburn, B. Cowart
5 LB N. Bolton, W. Gay, D. Tranquill, L. Chenal, J. Cochrane
5 CB W. Sneed, T. McDuffie, J. Watson, J. Williams, N. Johnson
5 DB J. Reid, B. Cook, M. Edwards, C. Conner, D. Bush

2 QB P. Mahomes, B. Gabbert
5 RB I. Pacheco, J. McKinnon, C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Prince, T. James
3 TE T. Kelce, N. Gray, M. Bushman
6 WR K. Toney, M. Valdes-Scantling, R. Rice, S. Moore, J. Ross, R. James
4 OT J. Taylor, L. Niang, W. Morris, P. Tega Wanogho
5 IL J. Thuney, C. Humphrey, T. Smith, N. Allegretti, D. Kinnard

3 ST H. Butker, T. Townsend, J. Winchester

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

I think Connor will surprise a lot of people

Maybe, but he may not play if Sneed is extended, at least not for a while.  I'm with Crow in that the Chiefs could have prioritized DT ahead of Conner, but there must be a long term plan.  Maybe he replaces Reed in a few years.