SLB- Chenal, Cochrane

CB- Mcduffie, Jones. 
CB- Williams, Watson. 
NB- Sneed, Johnson
S-Reid, Conner, Bush. 
S- Cook, Edwards

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

For sure.  

Kaindoh better show in TC or he'll be looking for another job.

Who is he going to unseat at this point? I can't think of anyone. He lost snaps to Herring last year and the Chiefs picked two DEs, brought in another as a UDFA, and have two going to minicamp (one of which I bet we see end up at TC in Jamal Hines). The hole he has to crawl up and out of just got exponentially deep. That's a tough go for a player that's complete garbage. 

17 hours ago, Palangi said:

QB- Mahomes, Beuchele.  
RB- Pacheco, McKinnon, CEH, Prince.  
WR- Toney, Rice. 
WR- MVS, Ross, Watson.  
Slot- Moore, James.  
TE- Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell.  
LT- Taylor, Niang, Tego-W. 
LG- Thuney, Kinnard. 
 C- Humphrey, Allegretti. 
RG- Smith, Allegretti. 
RT- Morris, Niang, Kinnard

DE- Karlaftis, Danna, Thompson 
DT- Jones, Wharton
DT- Nnadi, Coburn, Cowart
DE- Omenihu, FAU, Kaindoh

WLB- Gay, Tranquill. 
MLB- Benton, Tranquill. 
SLB- Chenal, Cochrane

CB- Mcduffie, Jones. 
CB- Williams, Watson. 
NB- Sneed, Johnson
S-Reid, Conner, Bush. 
S- Cook, Edwards

Who is this Benton guy at MLB? 🤣

8 hours ago, kccrow said:

Who is he going to unseat at this point? I can't think of anyone. He lost snaps to Herring last year and the Chiefs picked two DEs, brought in another as a UDFA, and have two going to minicamp (one of which I bet we see end up at TC in Jamal Hines). The hole he has to crawl up and out of just got exponentially deep. That's a tough go for a player that's complete garbage. 

Gotta think that if KC thought he could do something they wouldn't have drafted two in this draft and then signed a very good udfa player from Harvard!  I don't think he will make the roster unless he turns into the second coming of Jared Allen/Justin Houstin.

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Gotta think that if KC thought he could do something they wouldn't have drafted two in this draft and then signed a very good udfa player from Harvard!  I don't think he will make the roster unless he turns into the second coming of Jared Allen/Justin Houstin.

I really like the Jones kid out of Harvard also.  I thought he had a shot to get drafted.  

• 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

With the 3rd QB rule I think Reid keeps a 3rd guy around and lack of a FB gives us that free slot.

I think the third QB still takes a roster spot.  It's just that he doesn't have to be active on game day to come off the bench if both other QBs are hurt.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think the third QB still takes a roster spot.  It's just that he doesn't have to be active on game day to come off the bench if both other QBs are hurt.  

So they count against the 53 man roster. But not on game day. Can be inactive but still dress

The NFL approved a new rule this week that will allow teams to have an emergency third quarterback on game days. The emergency QB can be inactive and not count against the game-day roster but still dress to possibly play if the team's game-day QBs suffer injuries.1 day ago

57 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Hmm, so there's a cost to keep the 3rd QB around.

Haven't the Chiefs kept three QBs on the roster?  I'd guess most teams do.  They just made one inactive on game day.  For example, if Henne had gotten hurt at the end of the first half in the JAX playoff game, Buschele would not have been able to play.  Under the new rule, he could.  

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

Haven't the Chiefs kept three QBs on the roster?  I'd guess most teams do.  They just made one inactive on game day.  For example, if Henne had gotten hurt at the end of the first half in the JAX playoff game, Buschele would not have been able to play.  Under the new rule, he could.  

I remember the weird PS rule through the pandemic which gave us a 3rd QB. I don't know how Buechle was kept around last year, was he on the 53-man roster or the PS?

I don't know precisely what the "depth chart" will ultimately end up but my way-too-early guess at the 53 would likely look like this:

QB (3) P. Mahomes, B. Gabbert, S. Buechele
RB (4) I. Pacheco, J. McKinnon, C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Prince
TE (3) T. Kelce, N. Gray, J. Fortson
WR (6) K. Toney, R. Rice, S. Moore, M. Valdez-Scantling, Ju. Ross, R. James
OL (9) D. Smith, J. Thuney, C. Humphrey, T. Smith, J. Taylor, W. Morris, N. Allegretti, D. Kinnard, L. Niang

DE (6) G. Karlaftis, C. Omenihu, F. Anudike-Uzomah, M. Danna, B. Thompson, M. Herring
DT (4) C. Jones, D. Nnadi, T. Wharton, K. Coburn
LB (5) N. Bolton, D. Tranquill, W. Gay, L. Chenal, J. Cochrane
CB (6) L. Sneed, T. McDuffie, J. Watson, J. Williams, N. Johnson, N. Jones
DB (4) J. Reid, B. Cook, M. Edwards, C. Conner

ST (3) H. Butker, J. Winchester, T. Townsend

I think that WR 6 spot is going to come down to John Ross vs Richie James

If they re-sign Frank Clark, then move Herring off my list.

There is a shot one of the young LBs unseats Cochrane but Toub likes him.

Toub is really high on Nazeeh Johnson and intends to have him as his #1 gunner this year, so I don't fathom him not making the roster.

I can't recall Reid ever keeping 11 DBs so some guys are going to lose out. So far, Toub likes Nic Jones and he's been making some nice plays in OTAs. We'll have to see what happens with the pads and the lights on though. I think it will be a battle betwen Jones, Bush, and Hailassie for that 10th DB spot.  Reid and Toub tend to err towards 6 CBs and 4 S though. 

With Fortson's ascension as a run blocker last year, I don't see Bell making the team. Not only that, Bushman really flashed last year in pre-season before breaking his clavicle. The Chiefs brought him back and used him to prep for Goedert in the SB so he might just have a shot to push for a spot too if KC decides to keep 4 TEs.