Depth chart guess

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I'm not a huge CEH fan bu there is zero point in cutting him just to cut him. The only way to get any worthwhile cap relief would be to trade him and I have my doubts that will happen. There isn't a better depth option beyond him, at least yet. Prince has to prove he can hit holes with consistency and there is nobody else to really unseat him as the 3rd back. Perine hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. The Chiefs really should have brought in a couple more guys for camp, in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, kccrow said:

I'm not a huge CEH fan bu there is zero point in cutting him just to cut him. The only way to get any worthwhile cap relief would be to trade him and I have my doubts that will happen. There isn't a better depth option beyond him, at least yet. Prince has to prove he can hit holes with consistency and there is nobody else to really unseat him as the 3rd back. Perine hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either. The Chiefs really should have brought in a couple more guys for camp, in my opinion. 

Good Point

RB (4) D. Cook,  I. Pacheco, J. McKinnon, C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Prince

2 hours ago, kccrow said:

I don't know precisely what the "depth chart" will ultimately end up but my way-too-early guess at the 53 would likely look like this:

QB (3) P. Mahomes, B. Gabbert, S. Buechele
RB (4) I. Pacheco, J. McKinnon, C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Prince
TE (3) T. Kelce, N. Gray, J. Fortson
WR (6) K. Toney, R. Rice, S. Moore, M. Valdez-Scantling, Ju. Ross, R. James
OL (9) D. Smith, J. Thuney, C. Humphrey, T. Smith, J. Taylor, W. Morris, N. Allegretti, D. Kinnard, L. Niang

DE (6) G. Karlaftis, C. Omenihu, F. Anudike-Uzomah, M. Danna, B. Thompson, M. Herring
DT (4) C. Jones, D. Nnadi, T. Wharton, K. Coburn
LB (5) N. Bolton, D. Tranquill, W. Gay, L. Chenal, J. Cochrane
CB (6) L. Sneed, T. McDuffie, J. Watson, J. Williams, N. Johnson, N. Jones
DB (4) J. Reid, B. Cook, M. Edwards, C. Conner

ST (3) H. Butker, J. Winchester, T. Townsend

I think that WR 6 spot is going to come down to John Ross vs Richie James

If they re-sign Frank Clark, then move Herring off my list.

There is a shot one of the young LBs unseats Cochrane but Toub likes him.

Toub is really high on Nazeeh Johnson and intends to have him as his #1 gunner this year, so I don't fathom him not making the roster.

I can't recall Reid ever keeping 11 DBs so some guys are going to lose out. So far, Toub likes Nic Jones and he's been making some nice plays in OTAs. We'll have to see what happens with the pads and the lights on though. I think it will be a battle betwen Jones, Bush, and Hailassie for that 10th DB spot.  Reid and Toub tend to err towards 6 CBs and 4 S though. 

With Fortson's ascension as a run blocker last year, I don't see Bell making the team. Not only that, Bushman really flashed last year in pre-season before breaking his clavicle. The Chiefs brought him back and used him to prep for Goedert in the SB so he might just have a shot to push for a spot too if KC decides to keep 4 TEs. 

I don't see Bell being let go although it makes sense.  

20 hours ago, kccrow said:

I don't know precisely what the "depth chart" will ultimately end up but my way-too-early guess at the 53 would likely look like this:

QB (3) P. Mahomes, B. Gabbert, S. Buechele
RB (4) I. Pacheco, J. McKinnon, C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Prince
TE (3) T. Kelce, N. Gray, J. Fortson
WR (6) K. Toney, R. Rice, S. Moore, M. Valdez-Scantling, Ju. Ross, R. James
OL (9) D. Smith, J. Thuney, C. Humphrey, T. Smith, J. Taylor, W. Morris, N. Allegretti, D. Kinnard, L. Niang

DE (6) G. Karlaftis, C. Omenihu, F. Anudike-Uzomah, M. Danna, B. Thompson, M. Herring
DT (4) C. Jones, D. Nnadi, T. Wharton, K. Coburn
LB (5) N. Bolton, D. Tranquill, W. Gay, L. Chenal, J. Cochrane
CB (6) L. Sneed, T. McDuffie, J. Watson, J. Williams, N. Johnson, N. Jones
DB (4) J. Reid, B. Cook, M. Edwards, C. Conner

ST (3) H. Butker, J. Winchester, T. Townsend

I think that WR 6 spot is going to come down to John Ross vs Richie James

If they re-sign Frank Clark, then move Herring off my list.

There is a shot one of the young LBs unseats Cochrane but Toub likes him.

Toub is really high on Nazeeh Johnson and intends to have him as his #1 gunner this year, so I don't fathom him not making the roster.

I can't recall Reid ever keeping 11 DBs so some guys are going to lose out. So far, Toub likes Nic Jones and he's been making some nice plays in OTAs. We'll have to see what happens with the pads and the lights on though. I think it will be a battle betwen Jones, Bush, and Hailassie for that 10th DB spot.  Reid and Toub tend to err towards 6 CBs and 4 S though. 

With Fortson's ascension as a run blocker last year, I don't see Bell making the team. Not only that, Bushman really flashed last year in pre-season before breaking his clavicle. The Chiefs brought him back and used him to prep for Goedert in the SB so he might just have a shot to push for a spot too if KC decides to keep 4 TEs. 

Frank Clark has already signed with another team.

14 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Back with the Seahawks. Signed last week.  (Correction.  The article may have been only a strong rumor published last week.)  Sorry about that. I jumped the gun.

Lots of click bait on the interweb about "proposed trades" and "near signings".  Gotta read the fine print to see it comes from some talking head seeking attention.  

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Lots of click bait on the interweb about "proposed trades" and "near signings".  Gotta read the fine print to see it comes from some talking head seeking attention.  

True.  Can't trust anything like that at this time of year. I was disappointed.  I'd like to see him back here.