MVP Patrick Mahomes Thread

Just want to point out just how special Patrick is.

He is by far the best QB in the NFL and as a long time fan, he has been a blessing to watch.

It took something very special to break that 50 year drought and change an attitude of depression and

disappointment into one of confidence and hope at all times.

We are very lucky fans.

w

Great post. I used to say after all those years of failure and heartbreak, it'll be that more enjoyable when we win it. It is. AND....we may just be in the middle of it. I'm under no illusion that we would be doing this without MVPat but Veach has had to fill in around him and the large contract (though Pat's been helpful) he's been outstanding in the draft. 

1 hour ago, xen said:

Can't be said enough that we are living in the golden age of Chiefs football.  Mahomes needs 3 more superbowl wins to be in the 🐐 conversation imo.

Hard to get three more rings in this era.  Mahomes is competing against Burrows, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, LJ8, Tua, and Rodgers.  Brady was great, but his competition consisted of Manning and sometimes Rothlisberger.  Not saying it was a cakewalk for Brady, but the AFC is now loaded with QBs who could, if the cards fall right, win it all in a season.  Five home AFCCGs in a row, multiple 5000 yd. seasons, dramatic comebacks in playoff and SB games, and amazing circus plays should cement Mahomes as the greatest we've seen regardless on how many more SBs he wins.  

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hard to get three more rings in this era.  Mahomes is competing against Burrows, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, LJ8, Tua, and Rodgers.  Brady was great, but his competition consisted of Manning and sometimes Rothlisberger.  Not saying it was a cakewalk for Brady, but the AFC is now loaded with QBs who could, if the cards fall right, win it all in a season.  Five home AFCCGs in a row, multiple 5000 yd. seasons, dramatic comebacks in playoff and SB games, and amazing circus plays should cement Mahomes as the greatest we've seen regardless on how many more SBs he wins.  

If he wants in the national conversation for goat, I think it will take 5.  Until then Brady has no real competition.  He's got to get past all the rest with 4 wins, mostly Joe Cool.

With what we've seen so far, 3 more is doable.

He's already the best we've ever seen, I just mean the national perception will be hard to shake up with less than 5 imo.

13 minutes ago, xen said:

Just a reminder for @jetlord - all those QBs could absolutely win a superbowl.  But they all have to go through Mahomes first.  In fact, Mahomes is the only AFC QB that doesn't have to go through Mahomes, so that alone is an advantage.

True.  But the fact is that the best QB doesn't always win.  One and out in the playoffs lets chance and a bad bounce or bad call end everything.  My point was that Brady had better odds than Mahomes because there were fewer QBs that were top talents in his hey day.  Even then, there was a nine year gap between Brady's first three SB wins and the last four.  It's just so tough to predict a win, even with the most talented QB.  

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True.  But the fact is that the best QB doesn't always win.  One and out in the playoffs lets chance and a bad bounce or bad call end everything.  My point was that Brady had better odds than Mahomes because there were fewer QBs that were top talents in his hey day.  

Of course any given Sunday, but I don't know about fewer good QBs in his time.  Since it's superbowl wins you have to include the NFC too.  Favre, Brees, A-A-Ron, Cry Me a Rivers, Manning, the other Manning, Big Ben, Gannon, Kurt Warner, Thigpen, Romo, Matty Ice, Palmer, Cam before he broke in half, Andrew Luck, and lots of other "well if they have a great team around them then maybe..." QBs.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Of course any given Sunday, but I don't know about fewer good QBs in his time.  Since it's superbowl wins you have to include the NFC too.  Favre, Brees, A-A-Ron, Cry Me a Rivers, Manning, the other Manning, Big Ben, Gannon, Kurt Warner, Thigpen, Romo, Matty Ice, Palmer, Cam before he broke in half, Andrew Luck, and lots of other "well if they have a great team around them then maybe..." QBs.

I didn't include NFC QBs because if a team gets to the SB, they have a near 50% chance of winning it.  Of the AFC QBs you listed, Manning and Big Ben were the only threats every year to unseat Brady.  Others had good records and a few good years, but were not considered the best.  Some were short termers and as you pointed out, didn't have good teams around them.  There are four or five teams just in the AFC today that are serious challengers for a SB slot and probably a surprise thrown in.  Mahomes could throw for 5500 and 50 TDs, get another MVP, and still not win it this year. .  

We are lucky to have mahomes. 
this guy has the innate ability to win games when it matters and bigger the stage the better he performs. It’s unreal. 
we are the best team in football and defending champs going into this season and will get everyone’s best shot like we have been for the last 4-5 years. 
I personally think we will win at least another 2-3 in mahomes career. It’s a matter of how long we have mahomes Reid and Veach together. 

7 hours ago, xen said:

Can't be said enough that we are living in the golden age of Chiefs football.  Mahomes needs 3 more superbowl wins to be in the 🐐 conversation imo.

We need to win 3 straight just to tie Pittsburgh in appearances, wins and losses... at 8-6-2.

That's a tall fucking order. Possible, but man o man.

Pitt 8-6-2

NE 11-6-5

SF 7-5-2

Dal 8-5-3

GB 5-4-1

NYG 5-4-1

Oak 5-3-2

Wash 5-3-2

Den 8-3-5

KC 5-3-2

Balt 2-2-0

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Brady has more trophies. Mahomes is a better QB. Mahomes does things at QB that Brady couldn't dream of. 

Agree 100%

Plus the Chiefs don't need to cheat to win games.

Bradshaw 4-0

Joe Cool 4-0

Brady 6-3

Aikman 3-0

IMO Bradshaw and Joe were arguably better than Brady, as he lost 3 SBs. 

If Patrick wins 3 more without losses, he's 5-1... which surpasses all of them IMO.

Plus by this time his numbers will be in an entirely different class than the above.

38 minutes ago, mex said:

Bradshaw 4-0

Joe Cool 4-0

Brady 6-3

Aikman 3-0

IMO Bradshaw and Joe were arguably better than Brady, as he lost 3 SBs. 

If Patrick wins 3 more without losses, he's 5-1... which surpasses all of them IMO.

Plus by this time his numbers will be in an entirely different class than the above.

You're forgetting the TB win.

Brady is 7-3

I know I mentally blocked out 2021 too lol

8 minutes ago, xen said:

You're forgetting the TB win.

Brady is 7-3

I know I mentally blocked out 2021 too lol

oh yeah... shit... that's a tall order right there... but it's possible... long as we start NOW

5 hours ago, xen said:

Love how you tried to sneak Thigpen in there😂 

I saw it, I had to clean up the vomit on my keyboard...Chop beat me to it.

Frankly, the conversation can be steered into so many directions, each with their own merit.

Example:

Best Player in NBA History

Championships: Russell

Scoring: Labron James

Best Overall Player: One could argue Jordan, Magic, Wilt.

While the National Media will do all they can to "Underrate Patrick"... We all know better.

If you put his 6 years vs any QB in the history of the game, he has been the best....Not even close.

w

Funny thing happened yesterday.  Another couple invited us over for the Kentucky Derby, dinner, and cards.  Just as Mahomes started his thing, the local station broke away to talk about severe weather not even in the KC area.  Overrode the whole Mahomes "riders up" deal.  We had to wonder how many viewers called the station to complain about the timing of the weather announcement.

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Funny thing happened yesterday.  Another couple invited us over for the Kentucky Derby, dinner, and cards.  Just as Mahomes started his thing, the local station broke away to talk about severe weather not even in the KC area.  Overrode the whole Mahomes "riders up" deal.  We had to wonder how many viewers called the station to complain about the timing of the weather announcement.

I'm sure those in the viewing area that where affected didn't mind missing Patrick whoppdeedoo moment as  they where getting ready to see this  344315469_952204006128885_7219686606656355427_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=nQc1NWf4cwwAX8djDy7&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfDZEw5t7GFZU9hzh-V4gmwyK_J6Q8iypIbHyQK-i56r7g&oe=645C2ED3

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I'm sure those in the viewing area that where affected didn't mind missing Patrick whoppdeedoo moment as  they where getting ready to see this  344315469_952204006128885_7219686606656355427_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=nQc1NWf4cwwAX8djDy7&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfDZEw5t7GFZU9hzh-V4gmwyK_J6Q8iypIbHyQK-i56r7g&oe=645C2ED3

No, not complaining about getting the word out about possible severe weather.  It's just that the timing was notable in that they started right when Mahomes was introduced.