MVP Patrick Mahomes Thread

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

No, not complaining about getting the word out about possible severe weather.  It's just that the timing was notable in that they started right when Mahomes was introduced.  

I saw it. and t was pretty underwhelming..Patrick and wife are doing the F1 Miami Grandpre today. They certainly are having fun, an Art Gala at the Met, Ky Derby now Miami. Good for them!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I'm sure those in the viewing area that where affected didn't mind missing Patrick whoppdeedoo moment as  they where getting ready to see this  344315469_952204006128885_7219686606656355427_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=nQc1NWf4cwwAX8djDy7&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=00_AfDZEw5t7GFZU9hzh-V4gmwyK_J6Q8iypIbHyQK-i56r7g&oe=645C2ED3

Damn, bro.  I saw that the tornado went about 20-30 miles north of you.  Tore some towns up around Brookfield, then on east.  Close to my old stomping grounds.

Ironically, yesterday was the 20 year anniversary of an F3 that went through here.  Missed me by about two blocks.

https://www.facebook.com/100064274216437/posts/pfbid02G77woZ7ACgJapn39u4G3VByb6anp1SLR35XJKBFh2XBeRde5VV7P92VKVncwC5esl/?mibextid=SDPelY

53 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Damn, bro.  I saw that the tornado went about 20-30 miles north of you.  Tore some towns up around Brookfield, then on east.  Close to my old stomping grounds.

Ironically, yesterday was the 20 year anniversary of an F3 that went through here.  Missed me by about two blocks.

https://www.facebook.com/100064274216437/posts/pfbid02G77woZ7ACgJapn39u4G3VByb6anp1SLR35XJKBFh2XBeRde5VV7P92VKVncwC5esl/?mibextid=SDPelY

Yea we heard the sirens going off..sound really carries out here. luckily the storm just decided to take hard left so all we got was the light show not that we are mad about it but we are 4.75"s shy on rain this year so  some of the moisture would of been nice. It's F'n dry up here. 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:27 AM, West said:

I saw it, I had to clean up the vomit on my keyboard...Chop beat me to it.

Frankly, the conversation can be steered into so many directions, each with their own merit.

Example:

Best Player in NBA History

Championships: Russell

Scoring: Labron James

Best Overall Player: One could argue Jordan, Magic, Wilt.

While the National Media will do all they can to "Underrate Patrick"... We all know better.

If you put his 6 years vs any QB in the history of the game, he has been the best....Not even close.

w

No Dr J or Kareem on that list? Man, you're slippin West. :P

Mahomes is definitely special, no doubt about it. He's got a champion's mentality too, never out until you're out. 

I am a huge Dr. J fan....but his best years were in the ABA when he played for the Squires and then the Nets.

If you like Dr. J....You have to love Connie Hawkins....He was my favorite player in the Mid 70's.

Kareem is definitely on the short list.

w

44 minutes ago, West said:

I am a huge Dr. J fan....but his best years were in the ABA when he played for the Squires and then the Nets.

If you like Dr. J....You have to love Connie Hawkins....He was my favorite player in the Mid 70's.

w

Loved Connie. If David Thompson hadn't derailed putting shit up his nose, he would have been special. He could jump out of the building at 6'4". When NC State beat UCLA in the tournament, nobody could believe it.

2 hours ago, West said:

w

Loved the Hawk. Got his autograph as a kid. 

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Yeah but we have it on good authority from one of the members here that he's secretly a douchebag, despite all evidence to the contrary.

True that. Dude is a stud. He needs to stop running with no regard for his health. 

Yep.

All of these QB's who are great at running and choose it as a fequent option on many plays have pretty short careers as dominant QBs. They are really exciting and  hyped in the press, but it doesn't take long before they become also-rans.  If a QB runs really well, he should use it in an emergency only, like Mahomes. Otherwise defensive players are ready for it. That can end poorly for a QB wanting to win a Super Bowl.

BTW, it is really hard for a douchebag to keep it a secret.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Ya.  What's even more fucked up is Patrick is on pace to surpass Brady's 22 year career record in 12.5 years

That's a mighty tall order brother.

Ain't nobody rooting harder for it than me.

Edit: Hard to believe he surpassed Marino's 17 year career in just 5. 

PS fuck tom brady

Brady has set a blistering pace of 7.3 Playoff TD passes per season

MVPat is running at the 7.0 Playoff Passes per season....

Mahomes is like a "100 Year Flood" on opposing defenses.

He is everything suffering Chiefs Fans have deserved for 50 years....

w

4 hours ago, West said:

w

TB12 has that small edge only because Patrick has had the bye for a ton of seasons. I'll take the byes... TB12 can have the extra .3.

5 hours ago, West said:

w

88/22 = 4 TD's per season for Brady

1 hour ago, West said:

Correct...

Thank Xen, I needed to put my glasses on this morning...UGH, I thought the 22 was 12....

That's OK I used a calculator.  Maths are hard.

Pat is blowing Brady's pace out of the water.